Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

that408guy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
258
Reaction score
732
Location
San Jose
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
This past Saturday I finally buttoned up my exhaust system and installed CVF's Catted Downpipe. 15mm gear wrench and THIS breaker bar made things a lot easier than I was reading/expecting. Biggest pain in the butt was the top bolt closest to the limited edition engine cover. Took about 2 hours and I am not the brightest crayon in the box.

VERY happy with the performance and new BRAAAAAP.

20230219_150400.jpg
Sponsored

 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,856
Reaction score
13,271
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
This past Saturday I finally buttoned up my exhaust system and installed CVF's Catted Downpipe. 15mm gear wrench and THIS breaker bar made things a lot easier than I was reading/expecting. Biggest pain in the butt was the top bolt closest to the limited edition engine cover. Took about 2 hours and I am not the brightest crayon in the box.

VERY happy with the performance and new BRAAAAAP.

20230219_150400.jpg
What do you think about it? Performance gains in the butt dyno? Noise?
 

JeffWoodall

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
213
Reaction score
585
Location
Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
1
Do it! Looks so more complete if you don't run a FP. The Whole is so massive.
I thought mine was clean. That's cleaner than my kitchen table.
 

JeffWoodall

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
213
Reaction score
585
Location
Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
1
Yes...I drive it. But not when it's raining.

The undercarriage took half a day.

I placed the truck on some ramps. Washed it 1st then used an air dryer. Then I applied the dressing. Huge difference once you are done. I had to use cotton swabs for the hard to reach places.
Wow, I'm not even going to call myself OCD anymore. You have dibs on that for sure. I see a lint ball in my truck, I gotta get it, but you're on another level.
 

that408guy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Threads
12
Messages
258
Reaction score
732
Location
San Jose
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
What do you think about it? Performance gains in the butt dyno? Noise?
IMO it is a lot louder on cold starts (quieter once warmed up) and when you are in the lower gears maintaining a slower speed by having your foot sligtly pressed on the gas. It could be in combination with everythign I have though, (AWE Tuning 0FG Dual Exit Cat-Back, CVF hot/cold pipe kit, Injen CAI, Ford Performance Tune). But definitely got louder after the downpipe. Noticing some more gurgling when you take your foot off the gas and just coasting it out too.

As far as performance, I have not had too much driving time to really test it out but I WOT it earlier this morning entering the freeway and it threw me back into my seat a little. Don't remember the truck doing that to me before. Feels like a dramatice difference in driving experience for me with the sound and feel. I love it.
 


JeffWoodall

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
213
Reaction score
585
Location
Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
1
Picked it up from the dealership and with 100mi on it drove out to Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountains!! Installed the Short antenna first though hah

IMG_3012.jpg


tempImagesBtFhH.png
Nice..and a homeboy too.
 

JeffWoodall

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
213
Reaction score
585
Location
Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
1
Atlas gloves... good choice. i wonder if he knows that intake hose is supposed to be connected to something.
His immune system is probably so weak, a mosquito bite would put him in the hospital. Crazy rich people.
 

Figarou

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2019
Threads
25
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
13,798
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Wow, I'm not even going to call myself OCD anymore. You have dibs on that for sure. I see a lint ball in my truck, I gotta get it, but you're on another level.
I can't be the only one here that does it.

Show room quality means every square inch needs attention. Top to bottom. Front to back. I'm just glad there's products out there to help achieve this.
 

MrBusses

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
152
Reaction score
587
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford SMT
Forgot to share this from the other weekend but I added seat covers. $85 from amazon universal fit, fronts fit great rears are so so but they work and there is a zipper to get access to the arm rest.



PXL_20230211_232838698.webp
PXL_20230211_232847987.webp
PXL_20230211_232927771.webp


And this one is what I will be doing next week
PXL_20230222_191100190.webp
 

Azhang253

Well-Known Member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
160
Reaction score
319
Location
SW Michigan
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Yeah I agree. My opinion only and probably wrong but here it goes. This is in regard to these trucks as a whole and not just mine. We’re in the 21st century and still having issues with a billion dollar company failing to produce an automatic transmission they can produce in mass which shifts well and is reliable over a large scale. The money is definitely there. It can be done and has. Seems like most people are paying over 40k on these trucks and for that price expect them to perform. Simple as that. And the ones that do have issues can’t be diagnosed properly or fixed. Look at the EGR sensors and how those were originally diagnosed. Money wasted on a 35 dollar fix. It’s an automatic transmission, not putting a man in the moon. It all comes down to cutting costs, lack of quality control, bs emissions standards for fleet vehicles, lack of experienced service techs and just a lower number of techs/vehicle in general, and Ford’s overall large scale reliability tanking. These issues are far from only Fords fault. If these things weren’t the case we would be using a reliable, time tested 6 speed (maybe 8). The 10 speed was strictly designed to meet emission standards and it shows. There is no need to change something that worked very well unless A the company is forced to by an outside source and/or B they think they need to in order to compete and gain or maintain consumers. The best selling midsized truck has changed very little yet sells way more trucks than any other competitor. Probably a correlation there. The Ranger has a lot going for it over the Tacoma, but I do wish Ford would really dedicate some more man power to fixing issues at the beginning and rather than immediately rolling out new vehicles with the same issues as fast as they can, fix them on the assembly line. The fact that 2019 Ranger with the blend door issues isn’t 100 percent covered by Ford is a complete slap in the face to consumers. Yes they fixed it but have yet to rectify the issue with early truck owners whom most are out of warranty already. Ford has built an empire but every so often needs to take a few steps back in order to make leaps forward. You can’t please everyone that’s for sure but you can definitely setup a program where if the truck you made is having issues it can be diagnosed and fixed properly. The technology is moving much faster than the training for the ability to fix it. That I can say with 100 percent confidence. Like Ive said many times before, if they sold a basic truck, even like those of 20-30 years ago with just whatever problems they had back then fixed, take my money. I just find it odd that my 20 year old trucks never missed a single shift, lugged, and got close to the same mileage I get now. Yes they were much simpler, but I like that. Maybe I’ve just always been lucky. Who knows. I still really like my truck, and still turn around to look back at it, but I hate seeing people spend this kind of money on trucks just to have issues and be dicked around or lied to at dealerships. There always in a hurry to get you in and out of their hair. Not all but many. If it’s true they tested your transmission by driving your truck in their parking lot I’d call them out on it. Or file a complaint with Ford. I’d be happier having to wait a bit longer to be seen if I knew my truck concerns were actually going to be addressed. Working for production companies I took pride in my work day in and day out. Anytime I could improve a machine or reliability I would. It’s benefits everyone. Yet again about half of the younger guys would quit within a day to a few weeks because it was hard so maybe we’re seeing a bit of that here as well. Anyway rant done and hope you hear back some good news. If not then at least you have a paper trail and maybe file a complaint with Ford suggesting you have issues that haven’t been addressed properly. That way if something happens you have proof you tried before your warranty is up.
You're 100% rights. It's unfortunate that I sometimes feel like I'm "taking a gamble" with a Ford over a Toyota, and that's a problem that Ford needs to fix. They must get a handle on their quality control.

That being said, I don't regret ordering the Ford at all (at least right now), since the test drive showed me 100% that while both vehicles are 100% operational, the Ranger is FAR superior. I decided I was willing to risk possible issues down the line to have a better driving experience. That being said, I will definitely get an ESP before my factory warranty is up. Another factor that played into my decision is that regardless of Ranger/Colorado/Tacoma, I don't have plans to keep them past 100K miles. I want my truck to be my no-fuss daily driver; meaning it's modern enough, comfortable, easy to drive, and most importantly, I DON'T want to work on it outside of regular maintenance. I already have two Jeeps for my offroad toys, and those SOB's seem to need constant attention to stay running (especially the darn JK, the XJ has ironically been far more reliable; it's just old).

And as much as I try not to be a "Brand guy", I did have a 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 Scab with the flareside bed that I really loved. However; the timing system in the 4.0 SOHC engines can go to hell. That's what ultimately killed it.
 

underwhelmed

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Threads
27
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
6,392
Location
GSMs
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
1
Had the Bilsteins installed all around. Set at 1.2” front level. Still have some rake. Got those from Stage3 for a great deal and quick shipping.

Had the 5 255/75/17 Bridgestone Dueler ATs mounted and balanced. Got all 5 for 600 bucks from a guy who drove his new Big Bend Bronco home and took them off. Replaced the factory spare with the new Bridgestone on a Sport rim I picked up off EBay.

Had everything aligned and went home! Truck feels so much more in control with the ‘Steins.

Going to take a few pounds of air out…installer put them at 38.

No noticeable difference in acceleration or shifting.

Really happy with the installer, Rocky Top Customz in Knoxville. Very professional from my experience.

2C337B8E-AB80-42C7-93DF-2E58569B32B3.jpeg


33AC6CF1-ADEC-448A-8783-8385262C30E9.jpeg


EA7C5A35-CC03-4553-B3E0-5D059B5DDA01.jpeg


347E65F3-BE18-4E8B-A28E-EC7A104ECF47.jpeg


0334C930-D4CE-48F9-AE4C-7110903F989D.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Shoran12

Well-Known Member
First Name
Shane
Joined
Dec 17, 2022
Threads
24
Messages
645
Reaction score
1,680
Location
Maryville TN
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Had the Bilsteins installed all around. Set at 1.2” front level. Still have some rake. Got those from Stage3 for a great deal and quick shipping.

Had the 5 255/75/17 Bridgestone Dueler ATs mounted and balanced. Got all 5 for 600 bucks from a guy who drove his new Big Bend Bronco home and took them off. Replaced the factory spare with the new Bridgestone on a Sport rim I picked up off EBay.

Had everything aligned and went home! Truck feels so much more in control with the ‘Steins.

Going to take a few pounds of air out…installer put them at 38.

No noticeable difference in acceleration or shifting.

Really happy with the installer, Rocky Top Customz in Knoxville. Very professional from my experience.

2C337B8E-AB80-42C7-93DF-2E58569B32B3.jpeg


33AC6CF1-ADEC-448A-8783-8385262C30E9.jpeg


EA7C5A35-CC03-4553-B3E0-5D059B5DDA01.jpeg


347E65F3-BE18-4E8B-A28E-EC7A104ECF47.jpeg


0334C930-D4CE-48F9-AE4C-7110903F989D.jpeg
Nice, I’ve got my appointment with them in March for Bilsteins on all four corners and the global rear leafs springs. They were really nice on the phone and answered all the questions I had. I would have already had it done but had to push back my appointment to have the Ford dealership look at a few issues. Wanted to keep the truck stock when I took it in.
 

Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,896
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Had the Bilsteins installed all around. Set at 1.2” front level. Still have some rake. Got those from Stage3 for a great deal and quick shipping.

Had the 5 255/75/17 Bridgestone Dueler ATs mounted and balanced. Got all 5 for 600 bucks from a guy who drove his new Big Bend Bronco home and took them off. Replaced the factory spare with the new Bridgestone on a Sport rim I picked up off EBay.

Had everything aligned and went home! Truck feels so much more in control with the ‘Steins.

Going to take a few pounds of air out…installer put them at 38.

No noticeable difference in acceleration or shifting.

Really happy with the installer, Rocky Top Customz in Knoxville. Very professional from my experience.

2C337B8E-AB80-42C7-93DF-2E58569B32B3.jpeg


33AC6CF1-ADEC-448A-8783-8385262C30E9.jpeg


EA7C5A35-CC03-4553-B3E0-5D059B5DDA01.jpeg


347E65F3-BE18-4E8B-A28E-EC7A104ECF47.jpeg


0334C930-D4CE-48F9-AE4C-7110903F989D.jpeg
Looks great congratulations on the new changes.
Brian
 

Azhang253

Well-Known Member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
160
Reaction score
319
Location
SW Michigan
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Had the Bilsteins installed all around. Set at 1.2” front level. Still have some rake. Got those from Stage3 for a great deal and quick shipping.

Had the 5 255/75/17 Bridgestone Dueler ATs mounted and balanced. Got all 5 for 600 bucks from a guy who drove his new Big Bend Bronco home and took them off. Replaced the factory spare with the new Bridgestone on a Sport rim I picked up off EBay.

Had everything aligned and went home! Truck feels so much more in control with the ‘Steins.

Going to take a few pounds of air out…installer put them at 38.

No noticeable difference in acceleration or shifting.

Really happy with the installer, Rocky Top Customz in Knoxville. Very professional from my experience.

2C337B8E-AB80-42C7-93DF-2E58569B32B3.jpeg


33AC6CF1-ADEC-448A-8783-8385262C30E9.jpeg


EA7C5A35-CC03-4553-B3E0-5D059B5DDA01.jpeg


347E65F3-BE18-4E8B-A28E-EC7A104ECF47.jpeg


0334C930-D4CE-48F9-AE4C-7110903F989D.jpeg
That looks sharp!
 

Bravohook

Well-Known Member
First Name
Addame
Joined
Oct 9, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
178
Reaction score
486
Location
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
Nothing Fancy I sent the last payment for my 21 to Ford. She is now allllllll mine

when I get home from my work trip I have a CV Fab hot side pipe and Turbosmart blow off valve to install
Sponsored

 
 








Top