First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Kia Soul !
Occupation
I.T.
Installed the Carhartt seat covers. The installation rated 1-10, 1 being I could do this in my sleep and 10 being I want to punch a dolphin for side eyeing me. It's a solid 7.5. I am convinced removing the seats would make it easier but not necessarily quicker.

I would recommend removing jewelry you will be putting your hands in tight spaces.

The seat headrest covers they couldn't have made them 1/16" smaller they are tight fitting.

The arm rest is also a tight fit it's held on with a single velcro strap.

The seat backs have velcro and straps, you feed the two straps down through the bottom and forward. The factory cloth seats overlap underneath. The velcro attaches to the nap of the factory cloth.

The seat bottoms these m*fers have two straps that you have to fish the same as the seat backs and a big velcro strap on the forward/leading edge of the seat. I went on top of all the connectors, motors, and wiring to not put stress when tightened on anything.

I undid the velcro strap on the leading edge and tightened it up tucking the excess into the seat cover then pulled the straps forward.

The straps are fed through snap connectors you pull tight if the bastards will hold tension. Out of the 8 connections, 4 per seat, 3 won't hold tension. I ran out of time this morning to try and work out why.

20220813_101520.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Installed the Carhartt seat covers. The installation rated 1-10, 1 being I could do this in my sleep and 10 being I want to punch a dolphin for side eyeing me. It's a solid 7.5. I am convinced removing the seats would make it easier but not necessarily quicker.

I would recommend removing jewelry you will be putting your hands in tight spaces.

The seat headrest covers they couldn't have made them 1/16" smaller they are tight fitting.

The arm rest is also a tight fit it's held on with a single velcro strap.

The seat backs have velcro and straps, you feed the two straps down through the bottom and forward. The factory cloth seats overlap underneath. The velcro attaches to the nap of the factory cloth.

The seat bottoms these m*fers have two straps that you have to fish the same as the seat backs and a big velcro strap on the forward/leading edge of the seat. I went on top of all the connectors, motors, and wiring to not put stress when tightened on anything.

I undid the velcro strap on the leading edge and tightened it up tucking the excess into the seat cover then pulled the straps forward.

The straps are fed through snap connectors you pull tight if the bastards will hold tension. Out of the 8 connections, 4 per seat, 3 won't hold tension. I ran out of time this morning to try and work out why.

20220813_101520.jpg
Very nice!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I took some inspiration from Go Rhino's Sport Bar 2.0. They use a linear actuator to rotate a flat plate into position. I'm also using a linear actuator to push straight up on the lid. There's a set of brackets loosely holding the light bar to the lid so it can pivot as it gets lifted, and another set of brackets at the front of the bar attached slots in the bottom half to keep it pointed forward.

In order to make it work with only one of the Tremor's normally open upfitters, I'm using a combination of a standard relay along with a motor reversing relay. By default, the actuator will be connected to the retract circuit. It has limit switches built in so as to not burn things out. When I flip the switch, the standard relay will activate and change states on the reversing relay to extend the actuator while the lights bar is wired in parallel with the actuator extend circuit.

And to give an idea, I think Go Rhino's bar is around $1200 without the light while I'm making Mine almost entirely out of scrap metal I found in the dumpsters at work.

Screenshot_20220813-082543_Sketch Box Pro.jpg

A fellow junk fabber.

1015240498-bffs_by_hanndabear-d76y1gx.gif

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Had a nice surprise when I took it in for the headrest recall. They put the fold down ones on. Result! Though it's a bit sad how happy I feel at such a minor thing....lol.
what! ive been mad about my non folding headrests for months and now they just handing them out!
1660417710591.png

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Had a nice surprise when I took it in for the headrest recall. They put the fold down ones on. Result! Though it's a bit sad how happy I feel at such a minor thing....lol.
Me too.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Post a pick with your canoe on if you don't mind. I have been debating whether a bed rack or roof rack is a better way to go for a 16ft canoe. In my mind, 16ft canoe on a 5ft bed leaves a whole lot of overhang. Interested to see your setup.
20220813_104923.jpg
20220813_104937.jpg

Good bit of overhang off the rear, but not terrible.

Just enough roof clearance lol. I'll probably stick a 2x4 between the front rack and canoe on future adventures just for peace of mind.

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It was actually 2 days ago but installed an AVS hood protector. I was starting to get some paint chips on my hood so this will at least help the front edge. There are other deflectors out there that definitely add more protection but this is a good compromise.

I was also inspired by the misaligned hood to fender thread so I aligned my fenders to the hood better. The drivers side needed to come out front and back and the passenger side needed to rear pulled out to match the hood line. Definitely a lot better and kicking myself for not doing it 2 years ago….

48F3BB58-0F9D-4000-81B6-503CBFF94641.jpeg

8E7B01AE-DEAC-44F4-81C9-E7B7C2277EBD.jpeg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Fitted the new tent! It even fits over the rollup bed cover.

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

68218592791__387594A4-F795-445A-B41C-61A0B63C9AA1.jpg
i may have already asked but how was this to sleep in? did you feel cramped up in the shorter bed? was the tent a pain in the aft end to set up ? I have looked at those several times and keep telling myself I hate messing with tents lol. but that one looks like less straps and setup than others I have seen.

tm1506

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Outback XT
Occupation
Retired
i may have already asked but how was this to sleep in? did you feel cramped up in the shorter bed? was the tent a pain in the aft end to set up ? I have looked at those several times and keep telling myself I hate messing with tents lol. but that one looks like less straps and setup than others I have seen.
Hi Mark,
Haven't slept in it yet (just got it delivered yesterday). I can tell you my air bed just fits and is plenty long for me (I'm 5'7") and given the amount of head room it feels bigger than it is. First time setting up took about a half hour, I'm guessing with a little practice I can cut that down in half. To be honest it's not that different than any other tent with the exception that it fits in the bed of the truck.
Sponsored