First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I drooled over mine as it sat in the driveway getting rained on!
So, you drooled on your Ranger, and then just let the rain rinse it off ???
Spot free I hope !!!

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Just finished the Tuwa Pro Shiprock headache rack, tonneau lost in shipping somewhere so whenever that comes it'll be next. Don't see anyone running anything from Tuwa but I think its pretty nice and should let me sneak in the cover.

20220810_225241.jpg
20220810_225235.jpg
Looks great but I cant find it on their website?

RetiredNotFired

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat on order/'47 Chevy Bus Cpe
Occupation
Retired
So, you drooled on your Ranger, and then just let the rain rinse it off ???
Spot free I hope !!!
Oh, no. I had the wife out there with a chamois wiping off the whole time. Before you say anything, I encouraged her to take her umbrella... I'm not heartless.....

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
I have had this vision in my skull for some time now. Had most of the day off today and decided to see how it would look. My main goal initially was to make some Tremor Nostril wannabe’s as well as adding the flair to the inner area. Put a nostril on one side and felt it was too much but kept the subtle flair. Not exactly a perfect cut, but will work for now as I work through some aggressive real world speed and weather testing…

30B4221F-838D-4973-A22D-4BCC6A853466.jpeg

09BDC335-5C0E-48C7-B205-ED5160A85B43.jpeg

Thoughts?

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
While it's still a little ways away from being put on the truck, I hit a milestone on my chase rack project I've been working on since March!

007 style !

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I have had this vision in my skull for some time now. Had most of the day off today and decided to see how it would look. My main goal initially was to make some Tremor Nostril wannabe’s as well as adding the flair to the inner area. Put a nostril on one side and felt it was too much but kept the subtle flair. Not exactly a perfect cut, but will work for now as I work through some aggressive real world speed and weather testing…

View attachment 147940

Thoughts?
A little too much red for me, maybe.
Since you asked.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

View attachment 147940

Thoughts?
Love it !! Very unique.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
While it's still a little ways away from being put on the truck, I hit a milestone on my chase rack project I've been working on since March!

Want to feel extra good about your project? Then just imagine what one of these Gucci off-road companies would charge customers for this product and you know the actual material cost involved.

@AghastVenus1 Edit: Speaking of which can I get some information on what actuators or step-motors you are using. I've been wanting to learn to set them up for some of my own projects.

Last edited:

AghastVenus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Want to feel extra good about your project? Then just imagine what one of these Gucci off-road companies would charge customers for this product and you know the actual material cost involved.

@AghastVenus1 Edit: Speaking of which can I get some information on what actuators or step-motors you are using. I've been wanting to learn to set them up for some of my own projects.
I took some inspiration from Go Rhino's Sport Bar 2.0. They use a linear actuator to rotate a flat plate into position. I'm also using a linear actuator to push straight up on the lid. There's a set of brackets loosely holding the light bar to the lid so it can pivot as it gets lifted, and another set of brackets at the front of the bar attached slots in the bottom half to keep it pointed forward.

In order to make it work with only one of the Tremor's normally open upfitters, I'm using a combination of a standard relay along with a motor reversing relay. By default, the actuator will be connected to the retract circuit. It has limit switches built in so as to not burn things out. When I flip the switch, the standard relay will activate and change states on the reversing relay to extend the actuator while the lights bar is wired in parallel with the actuator extend circuit.

And to give an idea, I think Go Rhino's bar is around $1200 without the light while I'm making Mine almost entirely out of scrap metal I found in the dumpsters at work.

Screenshot_20220813-082543_Sketch Box Pro.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

View attachment 147940

Thoughts?
Looks very good! :like:
Sponsored