Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
C3A5C0F5-2967-43B9-840F-C1AD12BE6067.jpeg

FD4E4939-43B5-4FDB-9073-65CE032D9729.jpeg

E9F1B5E0-2AA1-4F96-90F3-34204D62968E.jpeg

Finally got my hands on a grey rear bumper, to replace the horrible, chrome one. While I was there, took off the chrome sports bar, making the mission to de-chrome the car (within reason) complete.

Really need a hard cover for work, and I’m still waiting for the sign writing to get installed. But I’m finally happy with how she looks, so I’ll call that outside basically done.
Sponsored

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Really? Wonder if your first go at getting the toyos mounted they weren't balanced properly. Those tires are amazing. Also look at the tire sidewall or specs the toyos are far better wet, dry and miles. Although bfGoodrich did come out with a new tko that specs were just as good.
The tires on the highway would have a hand numbing fibration. Sometimes a harsher shake. Not sure if it was a bad set of tires but the dealership rebalanced twice then sent off to have them road force balanced. Still had a horrible ride. It was night and day once these were put on.

gkostolny

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2022 Ducati DesertX
I can’t find the link where I found it right now, but someone pointed out that if you disable the “Powerpoint Feature” in the BCM using Forscan, instead of adjusting the timeout, there is no longer a timeout. Just confirmed the light power is still active after the truck sat untouched overnight. HTH.

How did you disable the timeout function?

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Bed lights! Tapped into my Wolf Haus plug wiring and then disabled the PowerPoint timeout so I can use the lights or 12V accessories any time.

B6C37443-B63E-4004-AF9A-4FD923F2C4A2.jpeg
13BD9D82-E054-428F-BE83-B4E30A86B3D0.jpeg
Great minds think alike. I did the same to my Ranger yesterday. Installed a Wolf Haus v5 to get the bed power and the lighting pigtail. And used this Amazon kit for the lights: Amazon.com: Nilight - TR-05 2PCS 60 Inch 180 LEDs Bed Strip Kit with Waterproof on/Off Switch Blade Fuse 2-Way Splitter Extension Cable for Cargo, Pickup Truck, SUV, RV, Boat , 2 Years Warranty : Automotive

Also installed a BedRug Impact mat from Stage3. Still need to get the middle tie downs. That $75+ for four bolts and two metal hoops hurts though. But I know if I buy the little lifting eyes that a lot of people have used it will drive me nuts that they're different.

1642265029771.png

gkostolny

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice. Those are the exact lights I installed. ?

Great minds think alike. I did the same to my Ranger yesterday. Installed a Wolf Haus v5 to get the bed power and the lighting pigtail. And used this Amazon kit for the lights: Amazon.com: Nilight - TR-05 2PCS 60 Inch 180 LEDs Bed Strip Kit with Waterproof on/Off Switch Blade Fuse 2-Way Splitter Extension Cable for Cargo, Pickup Truck, SUV, RV, Boat , 2 Years Warranty : Automotive

Also installed a BedRug Impact mat from Stage3. Still need to get the middle tie downs. That $75+ for four bolts and two metal hoops hurts though. But I know if I buy the little lifting eyes that a lot of people have used it will drive me nuts that they're different.

1642265029771.png

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Very nice. Those are the exact lights I installed. ?
Nice. The install was pretty smooth. I trimmed the light strips a bit and then used some gel super glue to stick the little rubber caps back in. Hopefully got a good seal. Used dielectric grease on all the connections and shrink wrapped them since they're under the truck.

I was pretty impressed with how well the strips adhered. Some of the Amazon reviews were less than glowing. But they got stuck to the smooth, clean metal on my tonneau cover rails.

I tried disabling the timeout on my power points yesterday but it I think the BMS was kicking in. Lately my truck always says "Veh. Charging" on the auto start/stop info in the cluster. They worked as long as they key was on, but as soon as I pulled the key and shut the door, they turned off immediately. I recently changed the BMS target to 90%, up from 75%. I wonder if doing that makes things kick off sooner if it hasn't reached that 90% SoC. Or my truck's battery is getting weak.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Bed lights! Tapped into my Wolf Haus plug wiring and then disabled the PowerPoint timeout so I can use the lights or 12V accessories any time.

B6C37443-B63E-4004-AF9A-4FD923F2C4A2.jpeg
13BD9D82-E054-428F-BE83-B4E30A86B3D0.jpeg

well now... dang it. I sure like the continuous strip better than the 8 modules I used. would have been less hassle. the on off looks like same brand I used , AND , I used the same hole for my switch ! mine put out enuf light, just like the single strips. I am too OCD.

here is mine without the bed cover on

OK,, just found the lights in the post above.. ya'll know I am going to re-do mine now right?? dang you people..

IMG_3340.jpeg

Last edited:

gkostolny

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rather than trim, I tucked the long ends down into the triangular holes at the front end of the bed. I may go back and trim them in the future but by the end of my install I was working in the dark and my wife was yelling at me to come have dinner. :)

Good luck with the battery thing, that sounds frustrating for sure.

Nice. The install was pretty smooth. I trimmed the light strips a bit and then used some gel super glue to stick the little rubber caps back in. Hopefully got a good seal. Used dielectric grease on all the connections and shrink wrapped them since they're under the truck.

I was pretty impressed with how well the strips adhered. Some of the Amazon reviews were less than glowing. But they got stuck to the smooth, clean metal on my tonneau cover rails.

I tried disabling the timeout on my power points yesterday but it I think the BMS was kicking in. Lately my truck always says "Veh. Charging" on the auto start/stop info in the cluster. They worked as long as they key was on, but as soon as I pulled the key and shut the door, they turned off immediately. I recently changed the BMS target to 90%, up from 75%. I wonder if doing that makes things kick off sooner if it hasn't reached that 90% SoC. Or my truck's battery is getting weak.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I see you get the 50 pack. Looks empty. Time to stock up.
Haha. I like how everyone's got jokes about the tailgate damper. As if lifting our light-ass, aluminum tailgate is going to build any muscles.

Go Team Damper!

MADPolo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Consultant
Installed the Mishimoto CAI, Turbosmart BOV and aFe Apollo gt exhaust.
PXL_20220115_162618862~2.jpg
PXL_20220115_162615753~2.jpg
PXL_20220115_162543203~2.jpg

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I scrubbed wax stains off with a toothbrush. The things you find yourself doing... :rolleyes:
There's a 12 step program for that.... :like:

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler

1642265029771.png
May ask what the apparatus is in the front of your bed that looks like it is on tracks? Is it part of your tonneau cover?
Sponsored