First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Removed some fuel from my oil on a few quiet roads out behind the airport on my way home for lunch today. :)
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

SpaceGhost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hi Guys, I realise I'm quoting a year old post here, but I want this exact grill, in this colour, only problem is, I'm in Australia and I don't even know if it would fit our spec Rangers (non-Raptor). But, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with a couple of questions and in return, I'll answer any questions anyone has about Aussie spec Rangers, well, any that I can anyway.

Here goes:

- Is this an OEM grill? I assume it is.
- Does it come painted on this model, or was this custom painted? I.e. can I buy one the same, in the same colour?
- Would anyone with this grill, in any colour, mind supplying some dimensions so I can see if it might fit mine?
- Lastly, would anyone who has replaced this grill with another model, entertain the thought of selling, including postage to Aus? (Assuming it fits). Big ask I know, but you never know, with how much you guys in the States seem to love your FORD (Raptor) grills, someone might have one sitting around, surplus to requirements, and have a sense of humour.

My grill looks about the same, but chrome and this colour would match my wheels (I hope). Not my car, but same grill.

12d7c569-299c-459a-bd5d-4e068dbecb6b-0-dmf00034.jpg

Would also help me work out if my RANGER lettering on the grill is the same size, so I can order those inserts you guys love so much.

Any help, much appreciated and sorry for the thread hijack, thanks.

And if you're wondering "WTF, why doesn't he just paint his grill grey, stupid Aussie?!", Well, it's a company car, so I have to be able to return to stock at some point, so I need to keep my grill. Also, I'm also not sure how paint would stick to the chrome and/or matt black plastic. Thanks again.
Pretty sure that's the stock XLT grill. Sometimes you can find the in the members market place.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure that's the stock XLT grill. Sometimes you can find the in the members market place.
The problem is with the shipping he'll be paying to NSW. Holy hell! I shipped a small package to an Aussie buddy of mine just north of Sydney and it was EXPENSIVE! A good 10x the value of the goods I was sending, in a very small and light package.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
The problem is with the shipping he'll be paying to NSW. Holy hell! I shipped a small package to an Aussie buddy of mine just north of Sydney and it was EXPENSIVE! A good 10x the value of the goods I was sending, in a very small and light package.
That's where I am too, just north of Sydney. All shipping is expensive to Australia.

But I have a new plan. After seeing how close the grill is (identical even?) upon further inspection, to our XLT grills, I'm going to source another local XLT one ($200) and take it, along with some mirror caps and side vents, to a local paint shop and have them all sprayed proffessionally. Hopefully he can get a close match to the dark grey on my rims and we can all live happily ever after!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's where I am too, just north of Sydney. All shipping is expensive to Australia.

But I have a new plan. After seeing how close the grill is (identical even?) upon further inspection, to our XLT grills, I'm going to source another local XLT one ($200) and take it, along with some mirror caps and side vents, to a local paint shop and have them all sprayed proffessionally. Hopefully he can get a close match to the dark grey on my rims and we can all live happily ever after!
Cool!!!!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

Tracy Bowman

First Name