Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
If you are cutting that much wood that is that large, I'm wondering why you don't use a gas chain saw? I use my Stihl for everything - I can get more gas if needed without waiting for a recharge. I love that saw. I have a 40 year old Stihl that still works perfectly - I just have a hard time getting parts for it, and it is REALLY heavy. I bought a new Stihl 2 years ago and love it.
Same here. My 028AV still works great but parts are NLA. Bought an MS261C two years ago and it’s quite a little workhorse a well.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Installed my fogs...

These are Baja Designs Squadron Pros with a wide/amber lense. I had them installed in my FiST with a clear/combo lense. Not sure what I think of the amber, but I'm sure I'll warm up to it once I hit some winter fog.

20211113_175719.jpg

They're super bright, as expected being the "pros," I won't be running these all the time.

In the FiST I ran them all the time, both as DRLs and at night. It had halogen headlamps and sat low so that worked.

The factory LED headlamps are quite good in the Ranger, so no need to really, which is why I jumped to amber.

Debating on wether they are too bright to leave the "turn lighting" that I enabled in ForScan. Might need to turn that off. Good problem to have though.

Headlights only...
20211113_175807.jpg

Headlights and fogs...

20211113_175735.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
About done... (who am I kidding, these things are never really done)

IMG_20211112_132059.jpg

IMG_20211112_131942.jpg
Looking great Jack - that’s a lot of hours of very detailed work! I bet things move along a lot faster in that new garage.

I’m not sure which has more lights, your rig or your garage. ?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Installed my fogs...

These are Baja Designs Squadron Pros with a wide/amber lense. I had them installed in my FiST with a clear/combo lense. Not sure what I think of the amber, but I'm sure I'll warm up to it once I hit some winter fog.

20211113_175719.jpg

They're super bright, as expected being the "pros," I won't be running these all the time.

In the FiST I ran them all the time, both as DRLs and at night. It had halogen headlamps and sat low so that worked.

The factory LED headlamps are quite good in the Ranger, so no need to really, which is why I jumped to amber.

Debating on wether they are too bright to leave the "turn lighting" that I enabled in ForScan. Might need to turn that off. Good problem to have though.

Headlights only...
20211113_175807.jpg

Headlights and fogs...

20211113_175735.jpg
I am thinking of going to the yellow as well. As I get older, I have a tough time with painted road markings in the rain. I am hoping the yellow will contrast enough to help.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I am thinking of going to the yellow as well. As I get older, I have a tough time with painted road markings in the rain. I am hoping the yellow will contrast enough to help.
I have the same problem sometimes and adn't thought of that. I'll report back next time I get some wet roads.

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I have the same problem sometimes and adn't thought of that. I'll report back next time I get some wet roads.
On my expedition I have some led switch back that go from white to amber from laauto I believe they're nice.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
On my expedition I have some led switch back that go from white to amber from laauto I believe they're nice.
Lasfit makes a switchback bulb to replace the halogen bulb in the Rangers equipped with such.

But my Lariat's led fog bulbs are not replaceable to my knowledge.

At least the Squadrons are easy enough to change lenses on. If and when I add bumper pods I'll use the amber covers to switch them back and forth quickly, but in the stock location that's not feasible..

Good news is that at 4600 lumens a piece I can't get much better output.

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Lasfit makes a switchback bulb to replace the halogen bulb in the Rangers equipped with such.

But my Lariat's led fog bulbs are not replaceable to my knowledge.

At least the Squadrons are easy enough to change lenses on. If and when I add bumper pods I'll use the amber covers to switch them back and forth quickly, but in the stock location that's not feasible..

Good news is that at 4600 lumens a piece I can't get much better output.
4600 lumens x2 yellow so nice especially when eyes are tired.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
4600 lumens x2 yellow so nice especially when eyes are tired.
I drive at night for a living and commute about 35 miles one way on back roads to our yard. That's what I'm hoping!
Sponsored