Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Duke,
Theres a thread on here talking about the bash plate holes not lining up. Stage 3 posted a thread about the kit itself, it’s there guys mention it.
I can’t imagine the tremor and the FX4 are not the same bash plate?
You installed this kit? I’ll try loosening all the bolts and see what happen.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Duke,
Theres a thread on here talking about the bash plate holes not lining up. Stage 3 posted a thread about the kit itself, it’s there guys mention it.
I can’t imagine the tremor and the FX4 are not the same bash plate?
You installed this kit? I’ll try loosening all the bolts and see what happen.
I installed them on my XLT - it doesn’t have the same front skid plate as the FX4 but I just can’t imagine the tow hooks would mount differently between trim models - what would be the point? If I recall correctly, things didn’t line up perfectly but that’s not unusual and after loosening front and rear skid plate bolts, it all came together.

I don’t recall needing a big frigging hammer or anything being out of the ordinary - it was a bit like fitting an exhaust - keep things loose until mounted, then tighten things up properly.

Good luck under there Tony - at least you have the weather for it - I did it in December here in Toronto. ?

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I installed them on my XLT - it doesn’t have the same front skid plate as the FX4 but I just can’t imagine the tow hooks would mount differently between trim models - what would be the point? If I recall correctly, things didn’t line up perfectly but that’s not unusual and after loosening front and rear skid plate bolts, it all came together.

I don’t recall needing a big frigging hammer or anything being out of the ordinary - it was a bit like fitting an exhaust - keep things loose until mounted, then tighten things up properly.

Good luck under there Tony - at least you have the weather for it - I did it in December here in Toronto. ?
Thats so funny! Waiting for summer for good weather! I am in south texas, about 10 minutes from mexico, and summer is to dang hot! We wait for the good weather in winter!!

Screenshot_20220709-192739_WeatherBug.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thats so funny! Waiting for summer for good weather! I am in south texas, about 10 minutes from mexico, and summer is to dang hot! We wait for the good weather in winter!!

Hot? I wish we had low temps like that. ?

Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 5.47.46 PM.jpg

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95

Temps that hot if ya keep a sharp eye you'll see Trees chasing dogs!

geezmo2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2001 Ranger Edge 2017 Chevy Trax 1978 Camaro Z/28 2013 H/D Switchback
Occupation
Metal fabricator
How was the one at the back of the engine?
The rear most plug looked identical to the other three. I swear to God the hulk tightened them at the factory.

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
Ya baby! The extender came 2 days early! It's gonna be a fun day!

P7100368.JPG

Installed pics to follow. :crazy:

20220710_075533_HDR.jpg
20220710_075558_HDR.jpg

20220710_081102.jpg

20220710_082452_HDR.jpg

I don't care if that cover doesn't do a darn thing. I really like how the engine bay looks now.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Don't forget to throw in the 100% humidity. Like hicks in the movie alien

Its a dry heat man!

Lol. I'll never get used to the heat. But thats still crazy hot.
It is crazy hot this week and it's usually June when we get these high temps. July is usually the start of monsoon season (through mid Sept.) and the temps are usually lower like 106-108 with more humidity but it looks like it's late or we're getting another Nonsoon summer.

Lack of humidity here does make a huge difference but 115 is darn hot, dry or not. Heck our morning lows are like some areas high right now. Although if I had to pick hot and dry is easier to deal with than the swampy humidity. There was one day when we were in southern UT and it rained at night so the next day out was more humid (I think it was only 47%) and we were both complaining how sticky it was. lol