What did you do to your Ranger today?

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I had Safelite do the repair on my chipped windshield. Only took about 30 minutes and it came out so well I can't even take a picture as there's nothing to see. lol

I have glass coverage so it was $0 but it was only $65.00. Even without Insurance it's really not a bad price considering these windshields are around $1,200. :surprised:

Safelite Receipt.jpeg
That’s not bad at all. I was quoted $1800 for a replacement. ? luckily, mine could be fixed too.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That’s not bad at all. I was quoted $1800 for a replacement. ? luckily, mine could be fixed too.
He said the windshield was around $1,200 and the camera calibration is another $200 so pretty close to your quote. I guess the days of getting a windshield replaced for $300-$400 are gone.:sadface:

HeavyDuty

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' XLT - Fox 2.0 Perf. 2" lift front & Fox rear)
Occupation
Builder
Waiting for the Ford bed mat I ordered - but looking in the bed today - I just want more tie down hooks.
Just put my order in with Benny's help.
More is better :sunglasses: I am a bungee cord madman.
Probably fill the 3 vertical holes next to tail gate on both sides
with correct size M6 bolts too while I'm at it.
Tap ready to clear threads and anti seize to do the job right.

Bed bolts.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
We live in Phoenix...land of the replacement windshield. You'd have to have a brick wall deflector to keep this from happening, I'm afraid.
I'll be in Phoenix in a couple of weeks on a business trip. Now I'll be looking at windshields the whole time starting with the Uber ride from the airport. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'll be in Phoenix in a couple of weeks on a business trip. Now I'll be looking at windshields the whole time starting with the Uber ride from the airport. ?
It's funny (well not really) but once you start looking for them you'll a lot of them here. We went to Sams Club last night and the car in front of me had a huge crack in the windshield. It started down low by the drivers side wiper and went up mid way to the passengers side. With the temps getting into the 100's now this will happen even more as a small chip with turn into a huge crack just sitting in the sun.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Waiting for the Ford bed mat I ordered - but looking in the bed today - I just want more tie down hooks.
Just put my order in with Benny's help.
More is better :sunglasses: I am a bungee cord madman.
Probably fill the 3 vertical holes next to tail gate on both sides
with correct size M6 bolts too while I'm at it.
Tap ready to clear threads and anti seize to do the job right.

Bed bolts.jpg
I've been curious about the two front holes at the top, since I noticed them a few days ago. They appear to be similar size as the lower tie-down point, but haven't had time to clean the bed liner out of the threads to test fit. I'd really like something at the top near the back as well. Please post your results :)

VPdILFT.jpg

My F150 I added rail tie downs to the holes near the tailgate. Pop the taillights out and the full back plate went in, to support the tie-downs. They didn't look great, but so much more useful to tie the kayak in the box without having to stretch through to the factory tie-downs. I haven't decided what I'm going to do on the same location of the Ranger, but something will be there this summer.

t4bZbxM.jpg

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX Special Edition
Occupation
Facilities Director
Welp, fell for another of AzScorpion's shameless sales pitches. Washed the truck and gave 303 Graphene sealer a try. Here's my take: 1) unlike most waxes, polishes etc. this does not have any cleaning affect. I had a few places that had some water spotting and the spray didn't touch them. Went over it after with Griot's detailer and they came right off (not to mention inhanced the shine!).
2) It was a little more work than expected. Polishing of the residue after it hazed was akin to using a carnuba wax. A little rubbing involved. Course it was sunny and in the 80's so that might have something to do with it.
3) This stuff really brings out the gloss! Especially if you hit it afterwords with a detailer spray. Truck hasn't looked this good since it was new. Gotta admit, if it holds up as well as reported, I'm sold!
20220514_103252.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Welp, fell for another of AzScorpion's shameless sales pitches. Washed the truck and gave 303 Graphene sealer a try. Here's my take: 1) unlike most waxes, polishes etc. this does not have any cleaning affect. I had a few places that had some water spotting and the spray didn't touch them. Went over it after with Griot's detailer and they came right off (not to mention inhanced the shine!).
2) It was a little more work than expected. Polishing of the residue after it hazed was akin to using a carnuba wax. A little rubbing involved. Course it was sunny and in the 80's so that might have something to do with it.
3) This stuff really brings out the gloss! Especially if you hit it afterwords with a detailer spray. Truck hasn't looked this good since it was new. Gotta admit, if it holds up as well as reported, I'm sold!
20220514_103252.jpg
Beautiful truck.
You did good!