What did you do to your Ranger today?

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Washed Chili on Tuesday, pollen + rain + errands on Wednesday = wash again on Thursday! Since most seem to have a pet name for their Ranger, I made one up...it may change daily...Not sure about the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax, used it twice so far, not much beading. Oh, then I installed quad exhaust!

20210514_104216.jpg
Curious, did you use the spray or the liquid version?

Reactions: Doc

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Are the Fox 2.0s better than the bilsteins? I realize it may be a matter of opinion, but wondering if there is more pros than cons with which ever one.
Thanks
I just went with the Fox to closely replicate the Ford factory option

ukues91

First Name
Ulrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 EcoBlue
Vehicle Showcase
Image_951200.jpg

I'm here for my confession... I used plastidip for the first time.... It's not really a thing here in Germany, from what I've read, it's kind of frowned upon in the states, might be wrong though.

The Euro Ranger Wildtrak has a silver part on the bottom of the front bumper (see my profile pic for the standard version..). Never was a huge fan of it and today, being bored and having two fresh cans of plastidip on my hands, I decided to give it a try! Honestly I think it looks super dope. That stuff is just a blast to use.

I wouldn't want to paint my entire car with it, but for those small accents I think it's great ?

Have a great weekend, y'all!

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Curious, did you use the spray or the liquid version?
It was the liquid, in the fluorescent yellow bottle, which threw me because the wax came out white. I think the sprays imho are just quickie jobs ... I know a shop trying to sell me a professional applied ceramic with something like lifetime guarantee, but probably costs an arm, and a leg..."Ceramic Pro" shop

Reactions: Doc

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
I'm here for my confession... I used plastidip for the first time.... It's not really a thing here in Germany, from what I've read, it's kind of frowned upon in the states, might be wrong though.
Not frowned upon at all here in the states, see it used all the time.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Washed Chili on Tuesday, pollen + rain + errands on Wednesday = wash again on Thursday! Since most seem to have a pet name for their Ranger, I made one up...it may change daily...Not sure about the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax, used it twice so far, not much beading. Oh, then I installed quad exhaust!

20210514_104216.jpg
Surprised nobody has ask about cutting holes on the fender for the exhaust.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Image_951200.jpg

The Euro Ranger Wildtrak has a silver part on the bottom of the front bumper (see my profile pic for the standard version..). Never was a huge fan of it and today, being bored and having two fresh cans of plastidip on my hands, I decided to give it a try! Honestly I think it looks super dope. That stuff is just a blast to use.

I wouldn't want to paint my entire car with it, but for those small accents I think it's great ?

Have a great weekend, y'all!
In car enthusiast circles it is made fun of. BUT that's only because people get carried away with the stuff, using it on high wear parts, like wheels for example. For small pieces and no/light wear areas it's fine. When plastidip starts to look bad though, it looks terrible.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Surprised nobody has ask about cutting holes on the fender for the exhaust.
They are fake plastic on magnets, fooled plenty of people, had them on my old lawn tractor originally...lol

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
They are fake plastic on magnets, fooled plenty of people, had them on my old lawn tractor originally...lol
Kind of thought something like that. They looked small and cutting holes seemed a bit drastic.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Well I finally started installing the power heated seats in the truck. Swapped the airbags from the current seats into the new ones, added wires to the seat harness, and getting power to the electric seat. Fun parts getting the heated part set up