What are you drinking, after you were done with your Ranger for the day?

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Burboun or Tennesee Sourmash is normally whats in my glass with some ice.

Jim Beam Black label, Bulleit, Uncle Nearest and Jack are my go-to daily drinks...Makers Mark, Single Barrel Jack or Garrison Brothers is the weekend libations.
Good choices. You probably already know, but Buffalo Trace is another good one that won't break the bank
Sponsored

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Good choices. You probably already know, but Buffalo Trace is another good one that won't break the bank
Oh I know I missed a few...don't wanna seem too...enthusiastic lol

Buffalo Trace IS good...Evan Williams 1783 is awesome for the price...when I want something different from all that I'll pour some Papa Pilar rum...I've also bought Makers 46 and enjoyed that alot. Angels Envy is really good...good smooth stuff...all I do is bourbon on ice...maybe a splash of water if I wanna stretch it out.

NOW...when it comes to BBQ its Shiner Bock...Tex Mex and I'm drinking Modelo Negra. If I'm in Fredericksburg, TX and at the Fredericksburg Brewery I'm drinking the Not So Dumb Blonde Ale.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
HI Folks,

Heavy discussion with the Doctor today about planning for end of life.... Double single Malt Scotch tonight... While we have no looming issues medically, the planning is there and needs to be put in place. Do we need a Do Not Resuscitate form in our envelop of life on our fridge for the EMTs? Heavy shit, and we decided to not take the DNR step... At lease for now. So a 2nd Glen Livet on the rocks in in order for tonight....

Best thing the Doc said was that we are two of the people she thinks has their shit together and have many more years of life left... We know she is serious and not just blowing smoke up our rear ends. Good lady....she has 7 African tortoises in her back yard... and one Sonoran tortoise in her front yard that is free to go, but being smart animals, it chooses to stick around her house. She and her Doctor Husband are kiind people...they have horses and love animals... My kind of people...

Anyway, Cheers!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
HI Folks,

Heavy discussion with the Doctor today about planning for end of life.... Double single Malt Scotch tonight... While we have no looming issues medically, the planning is there and needs to be put in place. Do we need a Do Not Resuscitate form in our envelop of life on our fridge for the EMTs? Heavy shit, and we decided to not take the DNR step... At lease for now. So a 2nd Glen Livet on the rocks in in order for tonight....

Best thing the Doc said was that we are two of the people she thinks has their shit together and have many more years of life left... We know she is serious and not just blowing smoke up our rear ends. Good lady....she has 7 African tortoises in her back yard... and one Sonoran tortoise in her front yard that is free to go, but being smart animals, it chooses to stick around her house. She and her Doctor Husband are kiind people...they have horses and love animals... My kind of people...

Anyway, Cheers!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
We did that a while back. My wife keeps telling me to ride my motorcycle more often. Should I worry?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We did that a while back. My wife keeps telling me to ride my motorcycle more often. Should I worry?
HI LC,

They call it a brain bucket for a reason....your choice, eh? I heard this joke before.... Do not give up motorcycles...just be prudent..... I gave up my old BSA 650 and miss my bike days...but moved on to 4 wheel race cars....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Angels Envy is really good...good smooth stuff
I forgot to mention that one. I had a colleague turn me onto that a couple years ago at a work conference. It's pretty rare to find where I'm at. He told me if you go to a bar and they have it, you order it! I've always taken his advice on that since.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
HI Folks,

Best thing the Doc said was that we are two of the people she thinks has their shit together and have many more years of life left... We know she is serious and not just blowing smoke up our rear ends. Good lady....she has 7 African tortoises in her back yard... and one Sonoran tortoise in her front yard that is free to go, but being smart animals, it chooses to stick around her house. She and her Doctor Husband are kind people...they have horses and love animals... My kind of people...

Anyway, Cheers!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
We just went through all of that with Heidi Thompson (https://lifeguardinglegacies.com). Wife, daughter (18) and I all got our wills, POA, Advance Directives, HIPAA Waivers, etc done up. It's a big topic for sure and while pushing through some of those decisions was a bit of a reality wake up, we do feel so much better after having had all of that drawn up. And Heidi makes the process real easy.

And yeah - we all celebrated with a nice bottle of Deep Sky Vineyards Constellation.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Even though I like bourbon my normal brew is from a brewery where I was employed in my younger days . Good old Ballantine Ale with its smooth yet somewhat skunky taste and so old school style .

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
For:

Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Both my wife and I had non-resuscitate documents made. When my wife went into A-Fib, the EMT insisted that she do resuscitation, because (are you ready for this?), the document didn't say EMT specifically! They billed an extra $4,900+ for that operation, which couldn't have success because she had been dead for nearly 20 minutes! In the final analysis, they ate the extra charge.

I suspect I could have counter-sued Superior Ambulance, but as I thought of that, the state of New Mexico, nailed them to the cross.

My advice? Make sure the document is worded correctly!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For:

Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Both my wife and I had non-resuscitate documents made. When my wife went into A-Fib, the EMT insisted that she do resuscitation, because (are you ready for this?), the document didn't say EMT specifically! They billed an extra $4,900+ for that operation, which couldn't have success because she had been dead for nearly 20 minutes! In the final analysis, they ate the extra charge.

I suspect I could have counter-sued Superior Ambulance, but as I thought of that, the state of New Mexico, nailed them to the cross.

My advice? Make sure the document is worded correctly!
HI Alan,

Thank you for your experience and sorry for your loss.... We are now in touch with our Trust attorney here in Arizona for clarificatins. The DNR docs come from the State of Arizona... I will be including your experience in our continuing discussions. At this juncture, we are on hold until we get a clear understanding of Arizona law.

Thanks!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford motor Co. Retired

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Just got back from Elgin / Sonoita Arizona. Took the wife's Mustang.

We picked up 9 bottles of wine from a few of the wineries we like down in S. AZ.
Now I'm sitting back and sipping on a little of Autumn Sage's finest.

Great Weekend! Love that part of the state and all of the trouble we get into down there.

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
Banff Ave (Bearhill Brewing...) White Wit tonight. Then I'll likely get stoned and commit crimes. Or just go to sleep.
Sponsored