First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
The ford tune is a 93 performance tune from Livernois. The newest update ( version 9) removes the skipping of gears and smooths shifts. Definitely worth it. It receives updates around twice a year that I've seen.
The Ford tune IS NOT the same as the Livernois tune.

They use the Livernois device and software to deliver the tune. That is where the similarities end.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The ford tune is a 93 performance tune from Livernois. The newest update ( version 9) removes the skipping of gears and smooths shifts. Definitely worth it. It receives updates around twice a year that I've seen.
The Ford tune IS NOT the same as the Livernois tune.

They use the Livernois device and software to deliver the tune. That is where the similarities end.
This! James, Doug is right as the Ford tune is only 40 hp and the Livernois 93 performance tune is 80 hp/ 100 tq.

Shooter

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Millwright retired
Because that's around the time things started to go to shit in this country?
Mine was built Sept. 2020 it's been a good truck other then the driveshaft hanger bearing needed to be replaced and the GPS goes wonky from time to time. I spent 31 years in a Ranger plant and it doesn't matter what year or what day of the week it was built most of the time I didn't know what day it was too busy doing my job. You can get a bad one any year or what ever day it was built.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Mine was built Sept. 2020 it's been a good truck other then the driveshaft hanger bearing needed to be replaced and the GPS goes wonky from time to time. I spent 31 years in a Ranger plant and it doesn't matter what year or what day of the week it was built most of the time I didn't know what day it was too busy doing my job. You can get a bad one any year or what ever day it was built.
Absolutely. That's my point.

Add in things like plant shutdowns, short staff due to "illness," parts constraints, and multiply that by all the hundreds of suppliers and your chances of a problem have increased exponentially.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Absolutely. That's my point.

Add in things like plant shutdowns, short staff due to "illness," parts constraints, and multiply that by all the hundreds of suppliers and your chances of a problem have increased exponentially.
And I'm hoping the 2023's are coming out from production with just a little bit better of a chance than the ones during the thick of all that.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
And I'm hoping the 2023's are coming out from production with just a little bit better of a chance than the ones during the thick of all that.
I think you could be on to something.

alpine_jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Bought a 2022 that I took possession of in August.

Before my first oil change was due, I was stranded 200 kms from home in -30C with a P0299 code and the Ranger not being able to make much power. Had to tow it (on my dime) and It's currently in the shop waiting to have the throttle body replaced. Coming from a truck that needed nothing but oil changes in the first 150,000 kms, I can't say I'm impressed with the build so far.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mine is almost the same, but for 2021

1670308708226.png
Surprisingly there's really not a big difference in the pricing. Being so close in builds and 2 years apart I'd figured there'd be a lot more especially post covid where everything seemed to jump up in price.

Jsattlec

First Name
Jeffery Attlesey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Stay at home dad
Hey guys,

First post here. Been lurking for about a week lol. I just got a new to me 2019 Ranger 4x2 with 41k miles on it. I ordered a 2023 Maverick Hybrid, for a work truck (I’m a homebuilder or home superintendent or professional babysitter, whatever you want to call it) so it’s more daily driver, tool hauler, small amounts of lumber moving sort of vehicle that I need. I ended up finding a good deal with this ranger, and honestly, I think I’ll stick with it. It’s more of an actual truck, and going from driving an f150 all the time, feels more of a winner for me.

I’ve seen on here about transmission issues so I plan to check mine this weekend to see if it’s low or not. It shifts okay but they feel a little harsh to me, but that may be just because I’m not used to a 10 speed.

overall I was curious if there was a general consensus on the pre-pandemic ranger being built a bit better or may be just my imagination? Hoping I made a good decision and all lol.

Appreciate y’alls time and feedback.

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
Hey guys,

First post here. Been lurking for about a week lol. I just got a new to me 2019 Ranger 4x2 with 41k miles on it. I ordered a 2023 Maverick Hybrid, for a work truck (I’m a homebuilder or home superintendent or professional babysitter, whatever you want to call it) so it’s more daily driver, tool hauler, small amounts of lumber moving sort of vehicle that I need. I ended up finding a good deal with this ranger, and honestly, I think I’ll stick with it. It’s more of an actual truck, and going from driving an f150 all the time, feels more of a winner for me.

I’ve seen on here about transmission issues so I plan to check mine this weekend to see if it’s low or not. It shifts okay but they feel a little harsh to me, but that may be just because I’m not used to a 10 speed.

overall I was curious if there was a general consensus on the pre-pandemic ranger being built a bit better or may be just my imagination? Hoping I made a good decision and all lol.

Appreciate y’alls time and feedback.

Almost certainly. I will never buy a covid car 20-22 in my entire life. If you have worked in a manufacuring environment these past couple years I promise you would agree.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
Almost certainly. I will never buy a covid car 20-22 in my entire life. If you have worked in a manufacuring environment these past couple years I promise you would agree.
I understand your concern, but my wife totaled my old car and so I needed a new one (new car, not new wife) and got a 2021. Luckily, I don't have the myriad of issues I see in the forum on mine. My body panels are fit properly, no driveshaft vibrations, shifting is smooth enough, fuel economy is 19 city, 24-26 on the freeway, electrical all works as it should, and the battery has not died (yet). Due to availability issues, I had to buy a higher package (Lariat, 501A) than I intended but I have grown to appreciate the adaptive cruise control and the fancy stereo and I use the Nav system since the GPS on my phone is iffy at times. So I am a happy camper with only 12K miles so far.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
Bought a 2022 that I took possession of in August.

Before my first oil change was due, I was stranded 200 kms from home in -30C with a P0299 code and the Ranger not being able to make much power. Had to tow it (on my dime) and It's currently in the shop waiting to have the throttle body replaced. Coming from a truck that needed nothing but oil changes in the first 150,000 kms, I can't say I'm impressed with the build so far.
Why did you have to pay for the whole tow?
Sponsored