First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Different take here! If it is happening in the same place in the same road conditions I would bet it is a steel bridge joint or other road imperfection. An abrupt and sudden shift like you are describing sounds like a momentary lose of traction. The joint is much slicker than the other road surface and if it is sunken or raised it could definitely upset your truck. Could also be a low spot with ponded water causing momentary hydro planing. The jerk could be a quick lose of traction then the tires hook back up and you carry on.
Is the movement towards the outside of the turn? Does the steering wheel jerk? Do you hear the brakes pulsating?
I can't comment on the lane assist stuff because I have never used it. I agree with @Doc, don't let a computer drive your truck for you. Especially the steering. Just my two cents.
+1 on this.
Had this happen with my 2011 Ranger, 4.0 5 speed with LDS on a ramp on my drive home from work every day. Don’t remember what tires I had but they had questionable traction on wet asfault. Making the left turn onto the ramp and accelerating there was slight imperfection from an intersection repaving that would cause the rear end to momentarily lose traction and jump out. Had to remember to wait a little before accelerating up the ramp to get past that point.
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Yes, basically at/near same spot. On ramp from route 1 to I-95. Left turn onto ramp. Has only happened when the pavement was wet. Doesn't have to be raining much at the time. I wasn't going terribly fast especially because of the moist pavement. I'll try to tweak the LA and see it that helps. Otherwise I'll turn it off.
There's your problem right there...having to get onto I-95.
I feel your pain.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
There's your problem right there...having to get onto I-95.
I feel your pain.
Funny you mention that. Heading south from my home in central MD, I prefer 95 to 81. If you can get below Fredericksburg 95 is my preferred route. 81 is always a mess with all the slow truck traffic and only two lanes. 95 moves much better except Summer weekends.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I used to BE part of that "slow truck traffic" :)
I don't miss it a bit on either of those interstates, although I always found 81 to be a MUCH prettier drive.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Just a though (yeah it hurt, I don't have those often). :) If you're running wider aftermarket tires it could be what they call "tramlining". The tire hits a raised ridge in the road, and they will try to wallow off of it to one side, or the other. My Corvette is the worlds worse with the wide tires that are on the thing. May have nothing to do with your problem, but as I say I don't have "thoughts" often these day, and I just wanted to show off a little. :bandit: ?

Last edited:

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I used to BE part of that "slow truck traffic" :)
I don't miss it a bit on either of those interstates, although I always found 81 to be a MUCH prettier drive.
I still am. Our 4x4 bucket trucks top out at 63mph!!!! We convoy south when we go help with hurricane damage power restoration and even the 80000# fleet trucks blow us away. 81 is definitely a beautiful ride and we are slow enough to enjoy the view!
Sponsored