We’re Off! Arizona - Colorado - South Dakota - Colorado - Utah and Back.

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I did that trip last year. It was amazing. Went to Zion, Great Basin, Yellowstone, Theodore Roosevelt, Badlands, Wind Caves, Mt. Rushmore, Rocky Mountains, Great Sand Dunes, Grand Canyon and back home to California. I would recommend Custer State Park as well. Have a great trip!
Sponsored

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dave have been following your trip from the start just been holding off on comments. First happy b-day to Annie & speedy recovery. Your photos have brought back so many been there done that moments but it has been a long time. We just finished a feature wall in our basement with a little over 500 of many memories. Some of yours are on that wall. It's our Family & Friends wall. Have a safe rest of your trip. :like:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I did that trip last year. It was amazing. Went to Zion, Great Basin, Yellowstone, Theodore Roosevelt, Badlands, Wind Caves, Mt. Rushmore, Rocky Mountains, Great Sand Dunes, Grand Canyon and back home to California. I would recommend Custer State Park as well. Have a great trip!
Thanks Drew! Sounds like you had a great trip too. We really wanted to do Yellowstone but it would've been tough to spend a lot of time there on this trip. I didn't want to feel rushed and not be able to see everything so we decided to skip it this year. We're hoping to do another trip next year starting up at Glacier NP then working our way down to Yellowstone then to the Grand Tetons NP.

We did do Custer SP on Friday. We started at Needles hwy and went all the way through and down the Wildlife Loop Rd. That was a great drive and some great sights we'll never forget.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Drew! Sounds like you had a great trip too. We really wanted to do Yellowstone but it would've been tough to spend a lot of time there on this trip. I didn't want to feel rushed and not be able to see everything so we decided to skip it this year. We're hoping to do another trip next year starting up at Glacier NP then working our way down to Yellowstone then to the Grand Tetons NP.

We did do Custer SP on Friday. We started at Needles hwy and went all the way through and down the Wildlife Loop Rd. That was a great drive and some great sights we'll never forget.
Forgot to mention, you keep driving you might catch up with Sid. :giggle:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave have been following your trip from the start just been holding off on comments. First happy b-day to Annie & speedy recovery. Your photos have brought back so many been there done that moments but it has been a long time. We just finished a feature wall in our basement with a little over 500 of many memories. Some of yours are on that wall. It's our Family & Friends wall. Have a safe rest of your trip. :like:
Thanks Larry and Annie also said thanks you!! Sounds like a great wall you have in your basement to relive all those memories.

We're 1/3 of the way through our trip and have seen so much already and have been having a blast doing it. Today was a chill day as we've been going non stop since June 3rd and a day to do nothing and recharge felt good. We did go down to downtown Custer to walk around, grab an ice cream and of course she had to shop and buy more stuff. :facepalm: I think I still have a little more cargo capacity left in the bed but if she keeps this pace up, I may be buying a trailer to haul all this stuff back. lol?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Custer is a really nice small town and everyone we've met here (and along the way) have been super friendly. The downtown is similar to most smaller towns with the old building and it's nice to see old drug stores and not a Walgreens or CVS.

IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6227.jpg

This is a cool little old cabin right in front of the court house.

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

You, and Annie sound like us now Dave. We don't get through with one trip, and we're planning the next. I know I sound like a broken record, but we have been through both of those area. You go from one beautiful place, and right around the corner there's another. Absolutely amazing. Like you said, I'd move up there in a skinny minute, but this old southern boy couldn't stand the cold. When I saw the "snow breaks" on the side of the highway I knew right then that's way to much snow for me. :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Forgot to mention, you keep driving you might catch up with Sid. :giggle:
I think I'd need to extend the trip another 8 months to catch him. lol Although I have put on just over 1,900 miles so far so anything's possible. ?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Well Dave,
Maybe it’s a good thing you didn’t do Yellowstone. I just read they’re closed due to floods and mudslides. Or now show up as part of the construction crew. “I’m the Damper Boss!! Surely you have to have heard of me!!”

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's very sad that an Ass has seen your Ass but no one from 5G till you go to Marks.

I bet you will wear one of those covid tubes and sun glasses :giggle: You Ass:LOL:
Close Greg. :cool::shock::LOL:

Corvid Car Guy.jpg

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
This is really going to make it tough deciding on where to eventually move to. I can deal with a place that has winters and long as they're somewhat milder than the N'east. But the swampy humid summers I just can't do. Retired or not you're still wet and nasty as soon as you walk out the door. It's really going to limit us as to where to look but I know I'm going to have to compromises one way or another.
Payson...:like:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor