Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Having lived in Michigan for most of my life, I do miss the cheap $1 auto wash...it costs at least $7 down here in NC because there's no snow...??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Swingpure

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I found it on Amazon in Canada, so I will order it and let you know how it works. I actually have well over 50 microfiber towels, so I will change them often. I can do this in my heated garage.

Other waterless washes were very expensive, like Chemical Guys EcoSmart, at least here In Canada

Thanks

BB4FF4EA-709A-4A07-B6C4-262B0799BEC2.jpeg

OP
OP
Swingpure

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I lived in the Phoenix area, you would get a car wash for between $10 and $15, and it was like they detailed your vehicle. It was amazing.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My hoses are put away for the winter. Just wondering how some of you wash your Ranger during the winter months, other than taking them to a car wash? I was out in the slush twice today and the truck is the dirtiest it ever has been.
To be frank, my strategy for washing the Ranger in the winter is ... to wait for spring!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Water rights here where we live in Colorado prohibit folks with well water from using it to wash cars.
We go to the car wash and use the pressure wand to wash our vehicles year round.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Rinseless wash. Several methods out there so choose the one you like best. I really find a rinseless to be a huge time savings as well as water savings. Several great products out there as well.

But my one piece of advice I guess is, if you were comfortable running it through a car wash or letting the dealer wash it the rinseless is far less of a risk to your paint than those other methods.

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
My hoses are put away for the winter. Just wondering how some of you wash your Ranger during the winter months, other than taking them to a car wash? I was out in the slush twice today and the truck is the dirtiest it ever has been.
I use rinseless (optimum). Thinkling of getting the worx power washer though and use with no lance, so i hose down grime from a bucket. When it's really bas, I take to local touchless carwash

OP
OP
Swingpure

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I have to admit I decided I would wait until the morning to order the waterless product. The image of the chemical guys video, where his towel was black after wiping the car, and thinking how can that not scratch the paint, stayed in my mind.

Today it warmed to a balmy 38° F/ 3.5° C and I brought out the hoses. I was just in my sweatshirt it was so nice out. (cloudy, foggy but no wind). At times I thought I could be in my tee shirt.

I just used the spray nozzle on the hose, instead of my pressure washer, but I was able to give it a good clean. I had warm water in the buckets and there was no issue using the wash mitt. I used the leaf blower to dry the truck off, (love the rain-x film on the windows), then brought it into the heated garage, to do the final dry and wipe with the detailer spray.

This winter is suppose to be warmer than normal, so maybe I will just pick the odd warm day to get it clean, while I ponder using the waterless option.

61CA6E43-D44F-43D7-AB6A-4420AB520761.jpeg

19F52576-2A34-4CCF-BC9A-2C3A74630659.jpeg

3C238B68-6BBC-49DC-AC06-CBE7C98B2773.jpeg

EFA131A0-10EB-4088-B363-C250A8675449.jpeg

ACBF5081-EB35-462B-A3A7-9511213B0975.jpeg

pozi240

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak (on order), 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Military (Ret'd)
ONR (Optimum No Rinse).... it's a god send during winter maintenance in the garage where you don't (or can't) use your hose. You just need to fill a small bucket and have about 4- 6 mf towels.
Here is a tutorial from Pan that explains:
https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP_BZ-jZBnY

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Thankfully my home has a hose bib inside my insulated & finished garage. I’ll be using that then bring her in to blow off the water. She is ceramic coated and needs very little soap & rinse.

3287AFF6-6556-4409-A9E7-034B3D42A053.jpeg

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
If this is a concern for all your vehicles, current and future, consider investing in a power washer that heats the water. They work very well, then put it in your heated garage with doors ajar to dry around the weatherstripping. There are lots out there but they are expensive - it's why I said future vehicles just to make the cost easier to take. Northern Tool in MSP is a good place to start.

OP
OP
Swingpure

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I kind of live in an unique situation where I draw my water from the lake, from a submerged pump, through a heated line to my house, which has one outdoor outlet. It is another 100+ feet to where I wash my truck and another 80 feet to my detached heated garage. When the temperatures are below freezing, you really don’t want to use the outdoor outlet, or getting the truck wet, or the parking area too icy.

Going to a car wash doesn’t work well for me as usually the cottage road to my house is slushy and the vehicle usually looks as bad when it gets home, as when it left. Certainly for the days the cottage road is dry, going to the car wash is the best idea.

I checked out ONR and I think like most waterless products, if the truck is really dirty, you should do a pre wash, like it says in the video, “It is just common sense”.

My strategy will be to take advantage of the nice days above freezing. I have everything at the ready for those days.
Sponsored