First Person to buy a 2nd new 2019 Ranger?

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
After some incredibly frustrating circumstances it seems like I might be the first person here to do a lemon law claim (Ford BuyBack) on their Ranger. Today marks 46 days my my Magnetic 4x2 XLT in the shop. They say that they finally got a third, (yes third), Heater Core in from the warehouse, though my service manager tells me they pulled this one straight off the assembly line.

They're a day late on the delivery though. The regional rep started the buy-back paperwork yesterday, and the dealership is holding a HPR 4x4 XLT for me until the paperwork goes through. At this point I've already got the down payment in on my second Ranger in 2 months time, and it's being sent for an Icon Stage 2 level/wheels/tires within the next two weeks. The least they can do while I wait for the paperwork to come through for my reimbursement.

For anyone curious, I initially took this in for the issues outlined here but then discovered that I also had same problem that @uthunter had in this thread. Apparently he got the last good Heater Core from the warehouse :p

While Ford's corporate support hasn't been all that helpful thus far, the dealership has been cooperative and I've been driving their 2019 F150 XLT SuperCrew around for the last 40-odd days. I've had it long enough in fact to see some thing I like, which are missing in the Ranger (The USB's in front of the shifter have a bay with a door which closes over your phone while it's plugged in. Hides a wallet and phone well during a long road trip.) and others which I prefer in the Ranger (Dual-Zone climate is missing in the F150, no way to set a temperature to heat/cool to. Also no way to preset Heat/Cool for remote start, which seems like a huge miss during cold mornings).
Sponsored

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Man sorry you got stuck with a lemon. Hopefully the next one works out better for you

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering how that fiasco was going - that really sucks. I can't believe they had to pull 3 heater cores to find a good one. Hopefully that isn't indicative of some issue with it. Maybe it is just early units?

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles did you put on Ranger #1?
580, unfortunately most of those were back and forth to the dealer

I was wondering how that fiasco was going - that really sucks. I can't believe they had to pull 3 heater cores to find a good one. Hopefully that isn't indicative of some issue with it. Maybe it is just early units?
You know, I would hope you're right. If nothing else, I milked the warehouse of all the ones they had. If it was a bad batch, I cleared them all out of circulation.

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Buyback approved by corporate, just waiting on the paperwork to go through for the loan refund.

In the meantime I grabbed all my personal belongings from the old Ranger and got eyes on my new Ranger that's waiting for me. The old one is a sad sight, but seeing the new one sure makes up for it.

Old Ranger (First 2019)
MVIMG_20190408_180958.jpg

New Ranger (Second 2019)
MVIMG_20190408_181337.jpg

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
this point I've already got the down payment in on my second Ranger in 2 months time, and it's being sent for an Icon Stage 2 level/wheels/tires within the next two weeks. The least they can do while I wait for the paperwork to come through for my reimbursement.
Curious how you're getting your hands on the Icon already? I pre-ordered it from an online retailer but from what I'm seeing, they won't ship until mid-May.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Update: Buyback approved by corporate, just waiting on the paperwork to go through for the loan refund.

In the meantime I grabbed all my personal belongings from the old Ranger and got eyes on my new Ranger that's waiting for me. The old one is a sad sight, but seeing the new one sure makes up for it.

Old Ranger (First 2019)
MVIMG_20190408_180958.jpg
Man, that "Old Ranger" pic is just sad. I'd have a very bad feeling seeing my new truck torn apart like that. Actually, when I had purchased a GTI back in July, I rejected the car and got my money back (hadn't actually taken delivery yet) because they were going to have to rip out the dash to replace some pinched wires.

You were inconvenienced, but given circumstances, a great outcome. Congrats!

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Curious how you're getting your hands on the Icon already? I pre-ordered it from an online retailer but from what I'm seeing, they won't ship until mid-May.
I'm honestly not sure how the timelines were determined, but XTP Diesel & Offroad here in Dayton said they could have the ICON kit in within days. I know they work with different warehouses. Now you've got me questioning if the info I was given was correct or not. They're supposed to install the level kit before I take possession, so that would hinder things quite a bit.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I'm honestly not sure how the timelines were determined, but XTP Diesel & Offroad here in Dayton said they could have the ICON kit in within days. I know they work with different warehouses. Now you've got me questioning if the info I was given was correct or not. They're supposed to install the level kit before I take possession, so that would hinder things quite a bit.
Interesting...maybe I'll go into 4WheelParts and see what they say. Maybe I just picked the wrong vendor, lol.

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting...maybe I'll go into 4WheelParts and see what they say. Maybe I just picked the wrong vendor, lol.
Have you tried contacting ICON directly? That's where I had initially ordered a Stage 1 kit (before talking with XTP), and it claimed to be ready for shipment by late March

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
After some incredibly frustrating circumstances it seems like I might be the first person here to do a lemon law claim (Ford BuyBack) on their Ranger. Today marks 46 days my my Magnetic 4x2 XLT in the shop. They say that they finally got a third, (yes third), Heater Core in from the warehouse, though my service manager tells me they pulled this one straight off the assembly line.

They're a day late on the delivery though. The regional rep started the buy-back paperwork yesterday, and the dealership is holding a HPR 4x4 XLT for me until the paperwork goes through. At this point I've already got the down payment in on my second Ranger in 2 months time, and it's being sent for an Icon Stage 2 level/wheels/tires within the next two weeks. The least they can do while I wait for the paperwork to come through for my reimbursement.

For anyone curious, I initially took this in for the issues outlined here but then discovered that I also had same problem that @uthunter had in this thread. Apparently he got the last good Heater Core from the warehouse :p

While Ford's corporate support hasn't been all that helpful thus far, the dealership has been cooperative and I've been driving their 2019 F150 XLT SuperCrew around for the last 40-odd days. I've had it long enough in fact to see some thing I like, which are missing in the Ranger (The USB's in front of the shifter have a bay with a door which closes over your phone while it's plugged in. Hides a wallet and phone well during a long road trip.) and others which I prefer in the Ranger (Dual-Zone climate is missing in the F150, no way to set a temperature to heat/cool to. Also no way to preset Heat/Cool for remote start, which seems like a huge miss during cold mornings).

I just started the buy back process with Ford last week for my XLT I bought in July. Since then, the truck has been back to dealer (an hour drive away) 5 times for a total of 34 days. Truck has 1700 miles on it and majority of those are driving to and from the dealership 5 times. A long list of issues that have not been fixed and the dealership couldn't care less and has lied to my face multiple times.. In my case, ford has been very helpful.

How long did the whole process take? Not looking forward to finding a replacement truck as this one has every feature I wanted on it and they are hard to come by in this spec.
Sponsored