Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Forums... How can we help you spend your money on mods? We are really good at this!

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to Ranger 5G. It will grow on you pretty quickly. As soon as you blow off your first Taco that’s when the real ear to ear grins start and… You look back at it every time you walk away!

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
... The seat doesn't go back far enough for me. And the side steps suck. ...
Welcome to the forum!

I'm a little confused by these 2 complaints. How tall are you and why would the side steps be an issue if you're tall?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to the forum!

I'm a little confused by these 2 complaints. How tall are you and why would the side steps be an issue if you're tall?
The Tremor side steps have the tongue steps. Not a fan of those myself. My shins would be destroyed

C5BD8DA7-F3B1-47E9-B3A7-0AC5EB2D7570.jpeg

I’m sure if you wanted to swap them out with another member on here for cash or straight ones or go for aftermarket rock sliders to suit your taste.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The Tremor side steps have the tongue steps. Not a fan of those myself. My shins would be destroyed

I’m sure if you wanted to swap them out with another member on here for cash or straight ones or go for aftermarket rock sliders to suit your taste.
I'd think getting out would act like a cheese grater on your calfs.lol

1676216672197.png

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I have downsized almost every truck since my 96 1 ton. Next up will be a Ford ranchero! But honestly the practicality of something smaller is great. It feels like driving a toy some days. But it can tow damn near as much as my 96 was rated at. Diesel then was 10k I believe, this get close.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Yep. Once I have my Tremor in hand (This week is the production week!!!! :like::clap::handsinair::party::turkey:) the VERY FIRST mod will be removing those steps. And I do mean quickly. First weekend I have the truck in hand, those steps are gone. Don't like 'em. In the way shin getter/pants dirtier. That's one thing Ford really missed the boat with on with the Ranger Tremor.

Obviously just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Jimco

Jimco

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Contractor
This place and you cats remind me of a dirt bike forum I used to frequent when I was doing two wheel things regularly. Lots of ribbing and fun, usually ending up in a ride for all of us to hammer it out in person. Including to see who was better on the keyboard versus who was better on the bike.

Not sure what some of the welcome messages are trying to convey, but I've been labeled before. No matter.....like most of you I'm here to learn and contribute. Since the Ranger is a DD, after many money pits before it I won't be dumping retirement into it like I have in the past. Yeah I know.....the bug bites folks like me who can't leave anything alone.

To help me leave the Ranger mostly alone are they other white and red sponges always negotiating with each other for the mighty dollar. But then there's the Camburg kit that can be used to lift the front like a King does to eliminate that pesky rake.....

Crap I said I wouldn't do it.
IMG_0852 (Large).JPG
IMG_1695 (Large).JPG

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I was planning to take mine off. I'm only 5'10", and never needed steps before. But I did get used to them, and they will save the side of my seat from getting torn apart. The side of the drivers seat in my lifted Tacoma wasn't pretty from getting in and out over 11 years.

Frank

OP
OP
Jimco

Jimco

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Contractor
Cheese grater exactly. Seat protection is the exact reason I'll have any steps. Though I'm only 5' 10" the factory step is too high that I have to squat to enter the cab when standing on them. Just not a natural ergo that even my 5' 3" wife agrees with. But the current frame of reference is Bronco and Super Duty so different I get it. Money pit at $1,600 but AMP steps drop lower and go away too. Not in need of rock protection because this is DD and the Broncos can handle the hard stuff.

For sure my comfortable driving position is seat further back than most. And I like to sit a little higher than most, so getting the seat back enough in its parallelogram movement places me lower than I like. So I think I'll have some spacers made to go between the seat and the rails that may have to be offset a little or maybe just the space will keep the seat up when the rails go back and down.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cheese grater exactly. Seat protection is the exact reason I'll have any steps. Though I'm only 5' 10" the factory step is too high that I have to squat to enter the cab when standing on them. Just not a natural ergo that even my 5' 3" wife agrees with. But the current frame of reference is Bronco and Super Duty so different I get it. Money pit at $1,600 but AMP steps drop lower and go away too. Not in need of rock protection because this is DD and the Broncos can handle the hard stuff.

For sure my comfortable driving position is seat further back than most. And I like to sit a little higher than most, so getting the seat back enough in its parallelogram movement places me lower than I like. So I think I'll have some spacers made to go between the seat and the rails that may have to be offset a little or maybe just the space will keep the seat up when the rails go back and down.
Hi Jim,

When we first put out a package with Step Bars was on the Ranger Edge, Ford lawyers got involved as they saw litigation if the bar was too low that a foot while falling could slip through and injure/snap an ankle or leg. So we embarked on a height adjustment until lawyers, still a bit nervous still agreed it "might" be okay... Then we had to battle the Assembly Plant who wanted no part of assembly of step bars on line and did not want an off line install either. We won and plant found space on the trim line for the install, having to dig a pit at both plants for Oxbow to create an assembly aid. So after we paid for all this...it remained unused as impossible for one operator on a side hang the bar. The operation was moved on the trim line so two operators could hang the bar and an existing pit on final line could add tightening both sides. Sales were good and the plant relented their position of hate for step bars. This occured over 20 years ago.

Aftermarket does not care as much so might be lower to gain more user function.

Best,
Phil

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
The first few times getting and out I scrapped my calves and shins. I started using the step to get in and out. No more issues. Jeans don't get dirty for contacting the step or the door sill, seat edge doesn't get worn from sliding over the edge and my legs don't suffer.
Sponsored