First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Contractor
Haven't had a small truck since 1982. Too many miles @ 10MPG and too many parking structures are bad for full size, so a bit before 5G I decided to get a smaller DD that could pull some trailers and go 4x4. Thought 2019 was the year, but to be honest I just wasn't thrilled with the then-new Ranger. But I'm a die hard Ford guy.....what to do? Actually I started the DD thinking in consideration of a Ridgeline. Then 2G arrived in 2017 with a Pilot front end and that was that. And THEN I started waiting for the Ranger.

But I just wasn't in love with it like I am with my other Fords. So I did nothing and kept at the 10MPG. Stealing my Wife's car when going to a meeting with underground parking/parking structure. As of late some very profitable projects further away than normal. And I swear the parking spaces keep getting smaller. So I went back to the forums to see if I could warm up to 5G. Damn you guys.

Not interested in the wait or cost of 6G, so a small search turned up a white CPO 2021 Lariat Tremor with 9K on it. The sales manager's demo at a Ford dealership. Ford "Blue Advantage" Gold gives you no questions asked 14 days or 1K miles to try it out. I did.....and almost took it back. 1982 remember? Wow it's smaller, but that's the idea dummy. OK I wanna like it. I didn't take it back. Now my DD for a while.

A forum fanatic am I.....so here I am. And I have many of the same gripes as most, some I'll deal with and some not. The seat doesn't go back far enough for me. And the side steps suck. AMP can fix the latter, and my machinist can fix the prior. I don't have to drool over a Raptor because none of any model can keep up with one of my other Fords. So a Tremor fits just fine.

Going to take a while to slip into normal with the Ranger. But it's growing on me, and it's a FORD!

Great forum ya got here.....keep up the good work!
20230211_184151_resized.jpg
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Haven't had a small truck since 1982. Too many miles @ 10MPG and too many parking structures are bad for full size, so a bit before 5G I decided to get a smaller DD that could pull some trailers and go 4x4. Thought 2019 was the year, but to be honest I just wasn't thrilled with the then-new Ranger. But I'm a die hard Ford guy.....what to do? Actually I started the DD thinking in consideration of a Ridgeline. Then 2G arrived in 2017 with a Pilot front end and that was that. And THEN I started waiting for the Ranger.

But I just wasn't in love with it like I am with my other Fords. So I did nothing and kept at the 10MPG. Stealing my Wife's car when going to a meeting with underground parking/parking structure. As of late some very profitable projects further away than normal. And I swear the parking spaces keep getting smaller. So I went back to the forums to see if I could warm up to 5G. Damn you guys.

Not interested in the wait or cost of 6G, so a small search turned up a white CPO 2021 Lariat Tremor with 9K on it. The sales manager's demo at a Ford dealership. Ford "Blue Advantage" Gold gives you no questions asked 14 days or 1K miles to try it out. I did.....and almost took it back. 1982 remember? Wow it's smaller, but that's the idea dummy. OK I wanna like it. I didn't take it back. Now my DD for a while.

A forum fanatic am I.....so here I am. And I have many of the same gripes as most, some I'll deal with and some not. The seat doesn't go back far enough for me. And the side steps suck. AMP can fix the latter, and my machinist can fix the prior. I don't have to drool over a Raptor because none of any model can keep up with one of my other Fords. So a Tremor fits just fine.

Going to take a while to slip into normal with the Ranger. But it's growing on me, and it's a FORD!

Awesome and welcome!! I see you and OJ are good friends.?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
I think you’ll be happy with your truck once you get used to it. I know mine has grown on me. I loved the truck when I bought it then noticed its quirks. Now with me having put about 4500 miles on the truck myself, I really do enjoy it. Yeah sure it doesn’t shift or ride as smooth as some of the other trucks I’ve owned but at the end of the day it’s a perfect size, can tow if I need to, has 4x4 and a locker, and when driven a little more forcefully it a blast to drive. So all quirks aside, if this truck lasts me I’ll be very happy. It’s also hard to find a better price on a truck that can actually be used as a truck. I priced out Ridgelines (as well as every truck on the market) while looking and they’re priced very high. I’m sure they really comfortable to drive no doubt, but operationally they don’t stand up to the Ranger in really any category other than ride quality and comfort. Not saying they’re bad, but they definitely make you dig a bit more into the pocketbook trim to trim vs the Ranger.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Jim, we ended up having too much fun with the last new member who decided to post an intro thread. I figured we'd get this out of the way.
74fc4a97740917d9559bf5bde625df08.jpg

Frank

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jim, we ended up having too much fun with the last new member who decided to post an intro thread. I figured we'd get this out of the way.
74fc4a97740917d9559bf5bde625df08.jpg

Frank
Welcome Jim. Nice looking pair of Fords and seeing as they're both white you're going to need something good to detail them with.

:idea:

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-graphene-holiday-bundle/

Might as well throw in a damper while you're at it. ?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-19-22-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html

Hey, Frank started it! ?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Beautiful Ranger! Congrats! Hope you grow to love it. I wouldn’t trade mine for anything. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Beautiful Ranger! Congrats! Hope you grow to love it. I wouldn’t trade mine for anything. :)

Except parking lessons. :frown:
You're back from vacation so I had to fix it for ya. :shock:?
Sponsored