First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Is everyone who installed this seeing MPG increases??

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Is everyone who installed this seeing MPG increases??
Probably too soon for anyone else to get results (but me). My experience is restricted to my driving of course, and I'm not reserved when it comes to applying the gas pedal. My daily driving is very consistent in that way and traffic/weather has been consistent as well.

The 2 MPG average claimed (by me) as an improvement is an overall average (estimated 80% highway - maybe less) and I can't say what the upper limit might be. I'm not hyper-mile driving a truck.

I expect those who do a lot of highway driving and keep it steadily under 70 mph will see the most benefits. Money back in your pocket.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
That finish on that Raptor grill is sexy - I'm used to the flat finishes. In your pictures I dig the contrast between the opening of the Big Mouth and the splash residue.

Muy Macho.

I bet VelossaTech would like to get those pics for their site.

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
That finish on that Raptor grill is sexy - I'm used to the flat finishes. In your pictures I dig the contrast between the opening of the Big Mouth and the splash residue.

Muy Macho.

I bet VelossaTech would like to get those pics for their site.
Thanks, I had it painted to match the truck. They do want the photos, I just have to clean the dirty girl up to make her presentable.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I haven't but a day or two after I installed it the temp dropped 20 degrees so that might be affecting it

mikedrees

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XL
Occupation
graphic designer
This is the grill design I was most curious about functionally.
looks like the 3 light "raptor" lights on my xl grille would be right in the middle of the opening on this.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
looks like the 3 light "raptor" lights on my xl grille would be right in the middle of the opening on this.
I see lights in a lot of truck grills - not just Fords - here in South Florida. It never resonated with me as a styling statement. The Big Mouth may not integrate style wise in that sense, it might contribute to making the front of the Ranger a jumbled mess.

The primary attraction to me was function.

mikedrees

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XL
Occupation
graphic designer
I see lights in a lot of truck grills - not just Fords - here in South Florida. It never resonated with me as a styling statement. The Big Mouth may not integrate style wise in that sense, it might contribute to making the front of the Ranger a jumbled mess.

The primary attraction to me was function.
I'm in for the function also. All black would be the way to go for me. I'm just thinking blocking the majority of the intake with the metal surround the light sits in negates the advantage in my situation

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Probably too soon for anyone else to get results (but me). My experience is restricted to my driving of course, and I'm not reserved when it comes to applying the gas pedal. My daily driving is very consistent in that way and traffic/weather has been consistent as well.

The 2 MPG average claimed (by me) as an improvement is an overall average (estimated 80% highway - maybe less) and I can't say what the upper limit might be. I'm not hyper-mile driving a truck.

I expect those who do a lot of highway driving and keep it steadily under 70 mph will see the most benefits. Money back in your pocket.
Yeah I realize that but I hope to see other users comment on the same or better mpg increase as you have posted. Thanks

Chalupajones

First Name
John-Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Facility Technician
That's awesome, thanks for sharing that. I've got the same grille and was really curious if this would work. Looks like a majority of the scoop sits below where the top grille lights are on mine.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
So I’d did about a 500 mile trip in my Unleashed Tuned 93 Octane Ranger Lariat yesterday. Went through one complete tank of gas mostly all highway...saw zero improvement in MPG. Oh well.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
So I’d did about a 500 mile trip in my Unleashed Tuned 93 Octane Ranger Lariat yesterday. Went through one complete tank of gas mostly all highway...saw zero improvement in MPG. Oh well.
Bummer. Winter gas? If you were going to see improvement it would be right away from my experience.

Just got my updated tune from Torrie. I have a couple days to test this one, supposedly softened shifts and should stop the P0068 code. I've already changed the base settings in Engineering Mode to get the computer close to accurate MPGs but still check manually.
Sponsored

Last edited: