Upgrading Factory 4" Sync Lite Display (300A)

OP
OP
Roaring Gorilla

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
The dash kit is out now. Just have to order it. I have seen 2 people do double din installs.
Any more information on this? Ford's official parts website does not list any upgrades for the Ranger. The Infotainment main website lists the upgrades, but unfortunately, they are out of stock (plus the cost is nearly 2 grand)!

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roaring Gorilla

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone swapper their radio for an aftermarket system?? I’m crushing crutchfield and it’s saying our ranger only has a 6inch clearance in the dash. Most receivers I’m finding that I like are close to 8.
So does anyone know if the depth is actually 6??
When I made this post, I had just called a couple local electronic/audio shops around me. All of them told me that they have not yet received the conversion kits for the Ranger and thus couldn't recommend an upgrade with aftermarket electronics.

Now, I am not sure if that is still the case given it has been a few months. However, with everything going on, and the truck still being just over a year old, it wouldn't surprise me if the kits weren't readily available. I am still hoping to get a solid, concise answer from someone who knows more than I.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Yes, you can still get the diff hose and fittings for it. That's the one I have
When I made this post, I had just called a couple local electronic/audio shops around me. All of them told me that they have not yet received the conversion kits for the Ranger and thus couldn't recommend an upgrade with aftermarket electronics.

Now, I am not sure if that is still the case given it has been a few months. However, with everything going on, and the truck still being just over a year old, it wouldn't surprise me if the kits weren't readily available. I am still hoping to get a solid, concise answer from someone who knows more than I.
I’m guessing Crutchfield knows. I just ordered an Alpine iLW-W650 package with the amp. Also going to replace the door speakers and add a sub. Went with the kicker 8inch hideaway, 6.75 two ways for rear doors and the 6.75 components for the front. Luckily I have a badass installer that will be putting it in. I’m sure I could do it but not as easily and well done as he can. He was the installer from pimp my ride.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the Halo 9 from Alpine, they have a kit that works with the PX3 not sure if they will convert to US version, but that would be awesome, albeit expensive. Might be cheaper to go with a ford direct fit unit.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I really like the Halo 9 from Alpine, they have a kit that works with the PX3 not sure if they will convert to US version, but that would be awesome, albeit expensive. Might be cheaper to go with a ford direct fit unit.
The Halo wont work, too deep. Our dash can only allow alittle over 6 inch depth for headunit. Thus why I picked unit I did.
Also be advised the harness, which is currently out of stock at crutchfield, does not support the factory backup camera. My installer said there is a work around for this though.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
The Halo wont work, too deep. Our dash can only allow alittle over 6 inch depth for headunit. Thus why I picked unit I did.
Also be advised the harness, which is currently out of stock at crutchfield, does not support the factory backup camera. My installer said there is a work around for this though.
there is a separate harness needed to retain factory backup camera. Also the Halo Im pretty sure will work fine, the body part is a normal single din and the screen floats outside of the dashkit, that was what I was leaning towards but now I will have to measure for sure.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
there is a separate harness needed to retain factory backup camera. Also the Halo Im pretty sure will work fine, the body part is a normal single din and the screen floats outside of the dashkit, that was what I was leaning towards but now I will have to measure for sure.
Do you know what part or who makes the camera harness? Crutchfield never mentioned it and nothing popped up for it. I'll also have to ask installer. I now have to wait about a month for the wiring harness..

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Do you know what part or who makes the camera harness? Crutchfield never mentioned it and nothing popped up for it. I'll also have to ask installer. I now have to wait about a month for the wiring harness..
There is currently nothing on the market to retain factory camera . I had the ax-addcam-fd1 or 2 and found out its for adding cameras to factory system not retention. Maestro is looking into it, one of their current harness' will work just needs programmed.
I swapped radio out for the alpine ilx-w650/kta450 amp to include xm radio, kicker 8"hideaway and 6.75 kick door speakers using the components with crossover for the fronts to swap the tweeters. All the door speakers fit perfectly to include the tweeters. Only bitch is units that fit the dash dont seem to have HD or wireless carplay. Also as mentioned above no current harness to retain the back up camera. If anyone has modified there radio setup and retained camera please explain how you did. I also didnt install the XM antenna as of yet and my reception is spotty. I used the axtc-fd2 harness and a maestro piece to link the xm in. Doesnt seem to be working great, probably ripping dash apart again to install the antenna.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roaring Gorilla

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to reply to this thread for a revive to see if anyone has found any aftermarket bezels/upgrades? Just curious to see if more things have come on the market in the last nine months.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to reply to this thread for a revive to see if anyone has found any aftermarket bezels/upgrades? Just curious to see if more things have come on the market in the last nine months.
Yep installed and fully working, including backup camera and steering wheel controls.

20200722_183958.jpg

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yep installed and fully working, including backup camera and steering wheel controls.

20200722_183958.jpg
This looks great! Thank you for sharing your experience with compatibility.

By chance do you know if you were able to retain Ford Pass functionality with your aftermarket radio? I’m interested in being able to keep the features from Ford Pass (vehicle health, tire pressure, gps location, remote start).

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
By chance do you know if you were able to retain Ford Pass functionality with your aftermarket radio? I’m interested in being able to keep the features from Ford Pass (vehicle health, tire pressure, gps location, remote start).
All those features still work.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast

20200722_183958.jpg
Would you be a pal and share a list of materials used on your swap? Thanks in advance