Upgrading Factory 4" Sync Lite Display (300A)

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone here has upgraded their entertainment console in their Ford Ranger? When I bought my truck I a bit disappointed to learn I was only getting the 300A equipment package. I was hoping to upgrade my entertainment system but was unsure what avenue to pursue?

Should I call into my local Ford Dealership and try to upgrade 8" Sync Touch Screen Display? Or is there a better aftermarket entertainment system out there?

Thanks for any insight!
Sponsored

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I have been wondering the SAME EXACT THING! I too, had the same problem. I unfortunately haven't been able to find a good aftermarket deck with the correct inserts.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Personally, if you want to upgrade to the 8", you may find aftermarket units better. Maybe get the Bezel for it to fit and get a good after market unit. The stock unit IMO does not offer much. Sync 3 is so basic and not very customizable friendly. Forscan helps but it does not work miracles.

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Personally, if you want to upgrade to the 8", you may find aftermarket units better. Maybe get the Bezel for it to fit and get a good after market unit. The stock unit IMO does not offer much. Sync 3 is so basic and not very customizable friendly. Forscan helps but it does not work miracles.

That's what I have heard. The problem for me is finding the bezels since the car is so new.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
you may be able to order the bezel directly from Ford

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I could deal with Sync lite if there was an aux input or an easy way to add one. Really seems like an obvious omission by Ford.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone here has upgraded their entertainment console in their Ford Ranger? When I bought my truck I a bit disappointed to learn I was only getting the 300A equipment package. I was hoping to upgrade my entertainment system but was unsure what avenue to pursue?

Should I call into my local Ford Dealership and try to upgrade 8" Sync Touch Screen Display? Or is there a better aftermarket entertainment system out there?

Thanks for any insight!
there are aftermarket companies that offer conversion units like this , they also offer a upgrade unit to update the sync3 8" to navigation
https://www.4dtech.com/products/ford/ranger/2019/sync-4/

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I saw a video the other day where they upgraded sync 3 to nav. on a Ranger.
They also had upgrades from 4" to sync 3 and programmed the vin in for you.
I will try and find the place. I think it was a dealer too.

Last edited:

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
After seeing the price of that Sync 3 upgrade, I would go aftermarket. Crutchfield.com says they 'don't recommend replacing the radio in the Ranger but I don't know why. Is that a generic statement that covers any number of issues with the truck (like not having aftermarket mounting kits available) or is it more specific (like the radio having a feature that's critical to function of the truck). I just don't know but I bought the truck with the intention of putting an aftermarket radio in at some point.

OP
OP
Roaring Gorilla

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
I just wanted to update those who are curious: I have called two Ford dealerships in my area directly and neither dealership had ANY information about upgrading the infotainment system from factory install to the 8" display with Apple Car Play. I was pretty dumbfounded that even Ford didn't have any answer for me.

I called the best-rated aftermarket electronic vehicle shop in my area. They told me no current vehicle kits exist for the Ranger as it is too new of body style.

Not sure if I am just getting bad information right now. I did check out the links in the thread about the infotainment upgrades. I watched a YouTube video of a guy doing a self-install. I don't dare try to do that myself having never done the project. I plan to follow-up with the dealership where I actually bought my truck and see if they have any information for me. I will update the thread when I do.

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I'll be sure to keep an eye out and updating this thread. I literally check weekly if there is a good aftermarket replacement lol.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I think the market for after market radios is drying up because these radios are starting to tie into all the vehicle systems now.
It was different when they just had to worry about back up camera.
Eventually they will be able to do diagnostics on your car through the head unit by just logging into it.

CCRanger

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Super Duty