Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There's a Sync 3.4 update out there in the wild, I've updated my RS with it (from 3.0, which shouldn't be possible but it is :) ) and it looks kinda-ish like 4, but still no wireless carplay/android auto, that requires a hardware upgrade. The Ranger WILL get this upgrade at least.

Z8P3VX0.jpg
Is that skin something you chose via Forscan etc or is it 3.4 default? I had a Fusion rental with that skin about a month ago and I really liked it.
Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have been really wanting to change the skin/wallpaper and the theme to something darker and more subtle. I tried just keeping it in night mode all the time, but if you do that it doesn't dim with the dash dimmer like it does in auto mode. So during the day you have to have it at full brightness in order to see it in the sun, but once it gets dark it's too bright and you have to go through all the menus to dim it again. Hopefully if we don't get Sync 4 we at least get an update that allows more options for skins and themes.
The GT skin is a big improvement, it's a lot darker. I have changed mine to that using Forscan. But I liked what is in this pic better.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
The GT skin is a big improvement, it's a lot darker. I have changed mine to that using Forscan. But I liked what is in this pic better.
You don't even need forscan for that... just enable test settings - press fast fwd on the dash and steering wheel til the speaker test... and ... somewhere there's an enable test settings.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased a 2019 Ford Ranger with Sync 3 three months ago in July and I won’t be able to upgrade to the latest and greatest Sync 4?

An iPhone SE with iOS 9.3 from 2016 can upgrade to iOS 13 released on September 2019. My laptop from 2014 with Windows 8 was able to upgrade to Windows 10.

If true, not a good decision Ford!
You realize that the iOS updates are analogous to the v3.0 update to v3.1 to v3.4, etc that you WILL be able to update? Sync 4 is like the new iPhone 11. Your iPhone XS that you just bought 3 months ago will never be an iPhone 11. What's worse, is your iPhone XS will stop performing as well once the iPhone11s comes out (if past experiences are any indication) because "Apple wants to protect their consumers from poor experiences"... Or as the real world sees it "Apple wants you to think you need to spend another $1,000 on a new phone."

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is that skin something you chose via Forscan etc or is it 3.4 default? I had a Fusion rental with that skin about a month ago and I really liked it.
Its the default 3.4 skin. I just changed the background color to black in settings and enabled night mode.

You don't even need forscan for that... just enable test settings - press fast fwd on the dash and steering wheel til the speaker test... and ... somewhere there's an enable test settings.
Thats only a temporary change for that ignition cycle though. Once you start it back up it will default to stock. If you want a more permanent change it has to be through FORScan.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I may just wait until Ford quits tweaking 3.4 if it's close to release. EU vehicles are still seeing some issues.

I'm confident you can autoinstall the 3.4 update in the Ranger, but haven't tried it yet. Looks like our Russian friends have found a newer build (19274 5U5T-14G381-CJ) of 3.4 than what I have (19200 5U5T-14G381-CD) in my RS. Hopefully the official release isn't too far out. @UofMEngineer ? :D

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I may just wait until Ford quits tweaking 3.4 if it's close to release. EU vehicles are still seeing some issues.
Just checked mine. Still at 3.3 and scanned for updates. None avail... guess slow roll out maybe.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked mine. Still at 3.3 and scanned for updates. None avail... guess slow roll out maybe.
The official 3.4 isn't available yet - last I found a mention of release was "fall 2019". So sometime between now and Christmas.

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confident you can autoinstall the 3.4 update in the Ranger, but haven't tried it yet. Looks like our Russian friends have found a newer build (19274 5U5T-14G381-CJ) of 3.4 than what I have (19200 5U5T-14G381-CD) in my RS. Hopefully the official release isn't too far out. @UofMEngineer ? :D
Josh the latest and greatest for Ranger was 4U5T-14G381-AN and it was released in early June.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Josh the latest and greatest for Ranger was 4U5T-14G381-AN and it was released in early June.
Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the build I'm running, I was inquiring about the upcoming 3.4 that is still unreleased. :like:

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
The official 3.4 isn't available yet - last I found a mention of release was "fall 2019". So sometime between now and Christmas.
Ford MAY be doing something now. Despite the fact that I have the latest build installed, I've never been able to get the XML file uploaded to Ford. And related to some seat warmer control issues, I decided I'd download and install the 3.3 file again. For the past week, when I try to upload the file, I get a screen that says "the website will be or currently is being refreshed". So maybe they're getting ready to release 3.4??? Or it's just a problem with their website. :lipssealed:

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford MAY be doing something now. Despite the fact that I have the latest build installed, I've never been able to get the XML file uploaded to Ford. And related to some seat warmer control issues, I decided I'd download and install the 3.3 file again. For the past week, when I try to upload the file, I get a screen that says "the website will be or currently is being refreshed". So maybe they're getting ready to release 3.4??? Or it's just a problem with their website. :lipssealed:
Yeah I've been trying to report my install all last week also. No luck getting it to upload, same screen your seeing. Here's hoping a new update is looming!

RANGER78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My19 XLS ford ranger
I did the sync3 3.3 to 3.4 update 8 weeks ago in my 2019 px3 xls in Australia.
I found the download on mustang6g forum.
It works fine download to a sd card plug it into the car.
At first it will say update complete but there's a problem with navigation.
Don't worry about the msg go have a Coffey come back your nav will be updated.
I also know a lot of guys in Aus have done it in the last 4 weeks the update is released on a forum hear in Australia now
Sponsored

Last edited: