[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
I exchanged several emails with Ford Performance they said with regard to installation "The dealer will charge you to install the kit (on top of the price of the kit itself). Considering what is involved, it shouldn’t be too bad (Probably about an hour of labor I’d guess, but I would check with them, that’s only a guess)." I'm going to try to get them close to that. Also, not sure why they have to do anything but the actual "flash" not sure why one should have to pay them to replace air filter or download the "software".
The ProCal comes blank. They need to download the software, update the tuner, load the stock tune off the truck, upload the stock tune to the computer, download the actual tune, then finally tune the truck.
Sponsored

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
Is it just me, or does it sound the the piped-in engine noise is gone or significantly reduced?

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
The ProCal comes blank. They need to download the software, update the tuner, load the stock tune off the truck, upload the stock tune to the computer, download the actual tune, then finally tune the truck.
believe me I am much better able to do all but the tune than my little town dealer

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I wound up buying a LMS tune, on sale, and I installed it myself. Cheaper, easier, zero concerns, and it definitely woke the truck up. This is my second time running a tune from LMS on a vehicle and no regrets.
Could you elaborate on "woke the truck up"? Also, are you able to install any of the tunes they advertise or did you have to select just one? I've been on their site but its not clear to me. Thanks.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hello. Right off the bat I noticed a significant increase in torque off the line and a lot more power at speed, passing and stuff like that. No seat of the pants "I think I feel something" stuff, very solid performance gains. Equally impressive is the transmission adjustments, now uses all gears and shifts are firmer but still fine for daily driving. The truck was fairly quick stock but the tune definitely takes things to another level, same as I experienced with a LMS tune on my 2013 SHO.

I loaded the 91/93 performance tune and they sent a couple additional tunes too. I believe the others were a 91/93 tune with softer shifts (I assume a more stock feel) and a lower octane performance tune. They sounded open to adjusting those tunes if I wanted something different, like keeping the auto start/stop active and stuff like that.

I received the tuner, followed their instructions to get the codes they need, emailed that info back to them, and had my tunes available a day or two later. All straight forward and no issues. I hope this helps!

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
^^^Thank you very much, that does help^^^

I've searched and can't find it addressed. I'm fairly sure I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. If aftermarket tuned then flashed back to factory tune can the dealer tell? The decision to give up the drive train warranty at 200 miles is lurking.

Last edited:

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red

I've searched and can't find it addressed. I'm fairly sure I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. If aftermarket tuned then flashed back to factory tune can the dealer tell? The decision to give up the drive train warranty at 200 miles is lurking.
Yes, the ECU records that information.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

I'm not concerned with warranty issues and if I need to take the truck in I'll do the same thing I did with the SHO... "the tuner is in the glove box if you need to put it back to stock." :crackup: I put 20k on the truck before tuning, just to feel everything out first, and it is a risk I'm willing to take.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I'm not concerned with warranty issues and if I need to take the truck in I'll do the same thing I did with the SHO... "the tuner is in the glove box if you need to put it back to stock." :crackup: I put 20k on the truck before tuning, just to feel everything out first, and it is a risk I'm willing to take.
I hear you. Of all the new vehicles I've purchased or even friends have purchased I can only recall one that had a major motor issue needing warranty work. That was a Ford Galaxie 500 in 1972 purchased by a friend of my dads. The oil pump failed. The risk is probably not to large with the more common and trustworthy tunes.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic

Thus the appeal of the Burger JB4 -- pure hardware "tune" that does not leave any electronic fingerprints.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thus the appeal of the Burger JB4 -- pure hardware "tune" that does not leave any electronic fingerprints.
A piggyback unit also known as a liar that will add more boost by lying to the PCM about how much there isn't and therefore have higher risk of blowing up your engine
Sponsored