[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
That's a great price.

Does that include installation or do you have to pay a dealer another $300 to install the tune and air filter?
Parts only. I'll be installing myself.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
If it is like any other tuner you should be able to swap back and fourth but with what it looks like fuel mileage should be about the same as long as you are driving like you want to get good fuel mileage. The unfortunate part is when you get power adders your foot some how magically become solid lead and it is hard to keep it off the gas pedal lol.
The Ford "tool" lets you save your stock tune so you can revert to it if you want. According to the instructions when you download the software to the tool it "forces" you to save the stock configuration.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Yes, the dealer isn't doing anything special really. You just need to go through them to get the warranty. That's the way it works.

If you buy the M-9603-REB kit specifically for the Ranger, it will come with the code to download the software. If you buy just the Pro Cal 4 separately for $450, it won't come with the code, you'll need to buy one separately. That's the $300, it's not labor, it's the software/calibration.
It was confusing, while the kit mentions it comes with a voucher, which is the code you speak of, the instructions don't mention it and that is why I missed it. I have been emailing Ford Performance and they "guessed" about on hour of dealer labor. I was really surprised that I got their contact email and they got back to me in less than an hour - great service.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I would love to see the dyno sheet for this.. I want to see the curve and gains in each RPM range
I have contacted Ford performance on this and they are looking for it. Once i get it I will post it on here.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
But why up to only a 32inch tire??
Because Ford only wants to be responsible for what they say is safe. Something to also consider. With the procal4 you can do things the factory scan tool F.D.R.S. can do that other scan tools and tuners can't.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well my order is in. Now to hope it gets here in the expected time. I really think I am going to enjoy it as much as everyone else getting it!!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Can I just point out that there are quite a few custom tuning shops that can provide a tune+box for less, right?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Can I just point out that there are quite a few custom tuning shops that can provide a tune+box for less, right?

You're right but the Ford one comes with a warrantee so for some it's worth the extra piece of mind in case it blows something up.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
You're right but the Ford one comes with a warrantee so for some it's worth the extra piece of mind in case it blows something up.
And it comes with the ProCal 4, a K&N filter and as you pointed out the factory warrantee (which I think is the most important).

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also with the Procal4 you can to tests with the ecm like KOER and KOEO along with the ability to clean KAM and reset crank variation with misfire relearn. That is something most tuners and scan tools cant do. These are Ford IDS and F.D.R.S. features. That is why I chose this.

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
I have contacted Ford performance on this and they are looking for it. Once i get it I will post it on here.
Great, thanks.

As another point of reference it will be interesting to see what the 0-60 time is with this performance pack. If stock is about 7.5 sec and a max tune from one of the other tuners is about 5.5 sec then should we expect 6.5 to 7.0 sec with this Ford tune?
Sponsored