[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
FYI for those who are waiting for an order from Levittown, I had this exchange with their support agent Mike (who has helped me on several occasion in the past) regarding my place amongst the "people in line" who have paid for and are waiting on their Ford Performance Tune from Levittown.

For reference, I placed my order on May 31st.

1592403763002.png

1592403733524.png

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I hope you guys get your tune soon!

I've been enjoying the Livernois tunes. Outside of the warranty I couldn't see a reason to pay more AND have to wait AND not be able to install it myself. Also enjoying the ability to choose which tune I want to run.

I'm a patient person but moving due dates have always rubbed me the wrong way. I was unfortunately on the same waiting list as all of you but looking forward to more reviews of the FP tune.

I didn't do all 30 pages (wew), but I wanted to clear up the warranty questions I had read earlier in the thread, and the one quoted.

Ford Performance Warranty:

It warrants the engine for defects specifically caused by the tune (good luck, prove it). It ALSO voids your standard powertrain warranty and replaces it with the Ford Performance Warranty.

I know this is 100% factual because I and several others were personally acquainted with Randy@Montune who did the Ford Performance pack for the Focus ST. This is 100% how it reads in the fine print too.

If you tune your truck and you blow the ring lands, they will blame it on parts failure which would not be covered by the FP warranty, and you would probably be on the hook for a long block and labor.

100%

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I didn't do all 30 pages (wew), but I wanted to clear up the warranty questions I had read earlier in the thread, and the one quoted.

It warrants the engine for defects specifically caused by the tune (good luck, prove it). It ALSO voids your standard powertrain warranty and replaces it with the Ford Performance Warranty.

I know this is 100% factual because I and several others were personally acquainted with Randy@Montune who did the Ford Performance pack for the Focus ST. This is 100% how it reads in the fine print too.

If you tune your truck and you blow the ring lands, they will blame it on parts failure which would not be covered by the FP warranty, and you would probably be on the hook for a long block and labor.

100%
If that's true I'm glad I went elsewhere. Seems like I'm better off taking my chances with an aftermarket tune and keeping my 7-year powertrain warranty intact.

There's risk in both obviously, but I think I made the best choice for my situation.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
If that's true I'm glad I went elsewhere. Seems like I'm better off taking my chances with an aftermarket tune and keeping my 7-year powertrain warranty intact.

There's risk in both obviously, but I think I made the best choice for my situation.
If you pop a piston with someone else’s tune it will be as bad if not worse, they 100% know that the calibration wasn’t stock the moment you flash the ecu.

should be fine, I ran canned tunes from Cobb for 69k miles with not so much as a misfire. Just don’t go asking the tuner for max performance ragged edge calibrations and you’ll do fine.

oh, and change your oil earlier and spark plugs too.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just had a chat with Steve at FordPerformance.com in the chat box function, copied and pasted in plaintext below.

In his words the powertrain warranty is NOT voided or replaced the moment you have the the FP Calibration tune installed by a dealer, the two exist simultaneously.

Truth is always somewhere in the middle, right?

"Me
at 14:19, Jun 17:
I was curious what effect part number M-9603-REB has on the factory powertrain warranty?

Steve
at 14:20, Jun 17:
Luckily we have that written out on our site, Basically if a failure is not related to our part, it does not change it

Me
at 14:22, Jun 17:
So if my truck were say to have an issue that would qualify it for Lemon Law or a warrantied major fix, as long as the calibration is not directly at fault that warranty is still honored?

Steve
at 14:23, Jun 17:
Correct as long as you follow the Installation requirements

Me
The tuning nay-sayers out there insist that the second you install a FP calibration, even by a dealer, your standard warranty is immediately voided. That is incorrect?

Steve
That is incorrect!

Me
at 14:27, Jun 17:
Okay, thanks Steve.

Steve
Welcome"

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
FYI for those who are waiting for an order from Levittown, I had this exchange with their support agent Mike (who has helped me on several occasion in the past) regarding my place amongst the "people in line" who have paid for and are waiting on their Ford Performance Tune from Levittown.

For reference, I placed my order on May 31st.

1592403763002.png

1592403733524.png
I have had similar conversations with Mike ever since my order was placed on April 17! He seems like a stand-up guy, and none of this is his fault, but this experience, along with the questions raised by forum members about the safety of the K&N filter that accompanies the tune, made me decide to pull the plug and take Mike up on his offer of a full refund, which he was quick to honor with no hassle.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase

100%
great info. that makes me want to lean towards an aftermarket tune. Especially since I can get an additional powertrain warranty from 5star from 2 years to 5 years.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Just had a chat with Steve at FordPerformance.com in the chat box function, copied and pasted in plaintext below.

In his words the powertrain warranty is NOT voided or replaced the moment you have the the FP Calibration tune installed by a dealer, the two exist simultaneously.

Truth is always somewhere in the middle, right?

"Me
at 14:19, Jun 17:
I was curious what effect part number M-9603-REB has on the factory powertrain warranty?

Steve
at 14:20, Jun 17:
Luckily we have that written out on our site, Basically if a failure is not related to our part, it does not change it

Me
at 14:22, Jun 17:
So if my truck were say to have an issue that would qualify it for Lemon Law or a warrantied major fix, as long as the calibration is not directly at fault that warranty is still honored?

Steve
Correct as long as you follow the Installation requirements

Me
The tuning nay-sayers out there insist that the second you install a FP calibration, even by a dealer, your standard warranty is immediately voided. That is incorrect?

Steve
That is incorrect!

Me
Okay, thanks Steve.

Steve
Welcome"
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

The long version. :sunglasses:

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I caved, like so many others, and cancelled with Levittown and got the Livernois.

No risk-it no biscuit right?

I wonder how much business Ford Performance is losing with such a wait time on these. Like they care right :LOL:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I just got an email with my tracking number for the FPP Tune that I ordered on 5/19/2020. Yay!
Sponsored