RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
"My Ranger" is THE best riding truck I've ever owned and I've driven a ton of competitive vehicles during my career at Ford and GM. I just can't stop driving it for any reason. My wife laughs at my parsley run that sometimes takes 3 hours to complete:giggle:

It sucks for you guys who are having the opposite experience:crying:
Couldn't agree more, Sid

I really like the ride on my Ranger - a lot. It is a truck, but it rides really nice as a daily driver. I love driving it!

It is night and day better than my 2005 Ranger for sure.
Sponsored

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
@Str8sh0otr

I am referring to the soft brakes/foot travel, having to kind of ride them down to a smooth stop non intuitive, and the little warped drum on the front feel, just prior to stop.

The nose dive was absolutely attenuated to an acceptable degree for me with the Eibachs.

Lukaranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Sport
The "soft" brake pedal does take some getting use to. But my upper body roles a lot in the seat side to side when cornering.

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Most definitely the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. I have major lower back issues (spondylolisthesis; I have to do back stretches every morning, hoping not to end up in a wheel chair in 10 years). In most other vehicles, except for wife's MINI Cooper S, I have to push on the dead peddle in order to maintain pressure on my lower back; on a long trip, that means NEVER being able to relax. I took delivery of the Ranger in Tennessee and drove it back to Marietta without a single issue (no pushing on the dead peddle); my back stayed totally relaxed the entire trip.

My prior vehicle was a 2005 MINI Cooper S, so I definitely noticed the bounciness of the new Ranger. Ranger #1 ('92) was ordered with the Payload Package #2 option, and seemed just right. I suppose if I could change anything about Ranger #6, it would be to increase the spring rates.

Str8sh0otr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4
I do have nav however I have never liked a built in navigation system. I always resort to waze/google/map apps. When I put it on the nav screen it just shows a digital compass using the other apps.

=/
Others have suggested to me that the compass is the best thing to put on the right but I agree with Android Auto or CarPlay its not needed. The best thing to do with that screen in my opinion is to use it to switch between AM/FM/XM and scroll thru preset channels so you dont have to exit carplay.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
the "best" thing to do with that screen would be to let you put more than one of the left screen items onto the dash

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
For me it's just the opposite. This is my 9th truck and it's is the most comfortable truck I've ever owned. Now my last truck (Tacoma) those were the most uncomfortable seats! I would've like better leather but besides that these seats fit me perfect.
so true! I test drove a 2018 Tacoma and the seats were so uncomfortable I couldn't wait to get out of it. I do have back problems though and Toyotas seem to have a permenant lumbar or something that drives me crazy while Fords lumbar can be deflated to sink right back in. I have owned dozens of trucks mostly Ford and drove many other brands and my new Ranger is like the Cadillac of trucks(hate to use that reference but its true) Mine is FX4 offroad package so IDK maybe the standard shocks are bouncy? I have heard 2 other ppl say there Ranger is bouncy.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Mine is FX4 offroad package so IDK maybe the standard shocks are bouncy? I have heard 2 other ppl say there Ranger is bouncy.
opinions seem pretty evenly split on whether fx4 is better or worse

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Does your door sticker say 35 or 30?

Mine is 35 but I am wondering if 30 would be ok.
same as yours. i ran 35 for a few weeks, then dropped it a bit more, no issues.
Mine also says 35 for my tires. I have had my tires below 35 for a bit it didn't feel good at all to me (plus they looked saggy imho). It seems the sweet spot for me personally (it really all is a personal opinion in the end) is between 35 and 38. My car has the 17" wheels from the sport package.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine also says 35 for my tires. I have had my tires below 35 for a bit it didn't feel good at all to me (plus they looked saggy imho). It seems the sweet spot for me personally (it really all is a personal opinion in the end) is between 35 and 38. My car has the 17" wheels from the sport package.
Mine says 30. I just dropped it from the dealer's 40 to 35, and am going to see how it goes for a few days, I'll probably drop it down to the 30 eventually to see how it feels though and go from there.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Some are bouncy and some are not.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Lariat supercrew leather 2WD
What trim is your truck? My dash looks nothing like this.
Color me confused...

OP; you stated you have a Lariat in your original post but state later you don’t recognize the dash of a Lariat?

All Lariats, unless I’m mistaken, come with the dash display in the picture; center speedo, two LCD displays on either side.

Are you sure you have a Lariat?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Color me confused...

OP; you stated you have a Lariat in your original post but state later you don’t recognize the dash of a Lariat?

All Lariats, unless I’m mistaken, come with the dash display in the picture; center speedo, two LCD displays on either side.

Are you sure you have a Lariat?
That dash that they quoted is the XLT dash, not the lariat dash. 2 analog gauges (Tach & Speedo) with an LCD in the middle...
Sponsored