Uncomfortable

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
Bought my ranger last week. So far it is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever been in or owned. During the test drives it seemed fine but after driving 30+ mins at a time it is just the worst.

I can not for the life of me find a comfortable seating position at all.

The suspension is like I am riding around a in a bounce house. I have never been in a vehicle so bouncy. Something else I did not notice when test driving.

Anyone else have these issues? I can deal with the bounciness but the uncomfortable seat might just make me get rid of it.

Lariat supercrew leather 2WD

:(
Sponsored

Last edited:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Have you checked your air pressure?

I am satisfied with the ride and the seat comfort and have been on many several hour trips. Nicest riding truck I've owned. Seat is way more comfortable than the Subaru Forester I gave up.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
For me it's just the opposite. This is my 9th truck and it's is the most comfortable truck I've ever owned. Now my last truck (Tacoma) those were the most uncomfortable seats! I would've like better leather but besides that these seats fit me perfect.

Last edited:

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Try driving an OBS 2WD Ford Pickup, then you will truly experience a bounce house on wheels. The new Rangers do have a little bit of a wallowy ride but its not unbearable or harsh in my opinion. Maybe try adding some wight in the bed?

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
Have you checked your air pressure?

I am satisfied with the ride and the seat comfort and have been on many several hour trips. Nicest riding truck I've owned. Seat is way more comfortable than the Subaru Forester I gave up.
35 all around

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Iā€™m also surprised to hear this... my Ranger is by far the most comfortable vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned and everyone Iā€™ve had in is has commented on how comfortable the seats are. Maybe there is something wrong with your seat... does the passenger side feel the same?

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Bought my ranger last week. So far it is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever been in or owned. During the test drives it seemed fine but after driving 30+ mins at a time it is just the worst.

The suspension is like I am riding around a in a bounce house. I have never been in a vehicle so bouncy. Something else I did not notice when test driving.

Anyone else have these issues? I can deal with the bounciness but the uncomfortable seat might just make me get rid of it.

A few people including me have found the seats uncomfortable. It's great for those that find the seats a great place to sit, not so great for people like you and me. I need firm support with a better lumbar setup. To me, the my 2013 Jeep seats were perfect.

If you are finding that you need more support one member made an interesting discovery. On the passenger side, there is a flat pressure sensor that sits on the springs. Drivers side does not have it. You might want to sit on the passenger side to to see if it feels better to you. The other member had manual seats so he found it easy to remove the bottom seat cushion and put some thick material over the drivers seat spring. Our Lariats have a bunch of electrical so it's impossible to do without removing the seat. I took mine in to an automotive upholsterer and had some addtional foam put in as well. It would be too firm for the folks that like the seats as they are.

ausable

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 F-150
Vehicle Showcase

The suspension, mainly the shocks, are impossible to please everyone as set from the factory. Kinda like mattresses. It's the Goldilocks story all over again. Our FX4 is far too "soft" and squishy and floating for most people. I LOVE it that way, but once we start doing a lot of heavy towing, I know better quality shocks are in order. The off road guys assume the suspension will not be "right" for them and immediately invest in mods to accomplish their goals. On roader folks may find they need to do the same. A good pair of Bilsteins on the rear and perhaps even on all four corners can transform the truck. Don't despair.

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
What vehicles have you owned in the past? Is this your first truck?
First tuck.
Mustang, Lexus and a couple chevy volts lol

Iā€™m also surprised to hear this... my Ranger is by far the most comfortable vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned and everyone Iā€™ve had in is has commented on how comfortable the seats are. Maybe there is something wrong with your seat... does the passenger side feel the same?
A 10-20 minute drive is not really uncomfortable its about the 30 min - 1 hour mark when I just get very uncomfortable. I have not had the opportunity to ride around in a passenger seat but they feel the same if you just sit in them parked.

Ranger seat to me is very comfortable.
Have you found anything or any thoughts/plans to do something to the seats?

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
A few people including me have found the seats uncomfortable. It's great for those that find the seats a great place to sit, not so great for people like you and me. I need firm support with a better lumbar setup. To me, the my 2013 Jeep seats were perfect.

If you are finding that you need more support one member made an interesting discovery. On the passenger side, there is a flat pressure sensor that sits on the springs. Drivers side does not have it. You might want to sit on the passenger side to to see if it feels better to you. The other member had manual seats so he found it easy to remove the bottom seat cushion and put some thick material over the drivers seat spring. Our Lariats have a bunch of electrical so it's impossible to do without removing the seat. I took mine in to an automotive upholsterer and had some addtional foam put in as well. It would be too firm for the folks that like the seats as they are.
For me I think it might be to firm? I also feel wedged in the seat at the 30+ minute mark moving the seat up down, back and fourth has not helped. =/

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
I drove my XLT Ranger FX4 on a 7000 mile trip from Florida to California and back this summer and found the seats to be the most comfortable truck seats I'd ever sat in Sorry your experience was not a good one.
Sponsored