John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
My door jam and app both say 35 psi even though the dealer sent me home in the mid 40's - I guess they are just trying to justify trying to charge $99 for nitro fill.... :LOL: - by reading this it looks like each truck will have a specific PSI settings - its good to know that ford pass equals the door jam.
Sponsored

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
i have the 18" hankooks and my dealer had mine all at 45 too even though it said 35. I still found the truck to ride very comfortable and never ended up letting air out. Now that it's winter they are just under 40

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
i have the 18" hankooks and my dealer had mine all at 45 too even though it said 35. I still found the truck to ride very comfortable and never ended up letting air out. Now that it's winter they are just under 40
You'll risk prematurely wearing out the center of your treads when over inflated for extended periods...but you'll get better mpg...

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 18's,hankooks on my ranger Lariat,sc/sb/mt pkg/fx4. Door label says 30psi,front and rear. When I picked it up,two were 0ver 40psi,one at 39psi,and one at 35 psi. Dealer prep,ya gotta love it...I have them all at 32psi now.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
You'll risk prematurely wearing out the center of your treads when over inflated for extended periods...but you'll get better mpg...
Never heard that but it makes sense. If they were higher i would have let some air out but 45 isnt gonna hurt anything.

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
Never heard that but it makes sense. If they were higher i would have let some air out but 45 isnt gonna hurt anything.

Back in my off roading days,often the larger tires needed some extra attention. To see if the inflation is about right,we would 'chalk the tires'. Using the big chalk you can get at most builders supply store,( Lowes/home depot) etc. Take that chalk and lay it on it's side,(length wise) and chalk a two or three inch wide stip across the top of the tire(s) and drive it in a straight line for a couple of hundred feet. I used to use an empty parking lot,plenty of room. If the chalk scuffs off the middle of the tire,you are over inflated. If it scrubs off on the edges,your tires are under inflated. Easy as pie...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
tires pressure are just a guide. much like redlines...it doesn't hurt to exceed them at all....ever. right???
Yes correct...there's nothing ever wrong with what ever you wish to with your investment...nothing at all...doesn't affect anyone else...unless your tire fails and causes damage/harm to others...:wink::wink:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yea A very long time ago I had a tire that ended up overfilled. I didn't do it by the way, it was done on a cold day and as it warmed up.
I would hit a certain MPH and the car would shake. They said the tire was over-inflated and busted the cords in one tire.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
tires pressure are just a guide. much like redlines...it doesn't hurt to exceed them at all....ever. right???
You do realize that a guide is exactly what the psi on the door jam is right? it's not the max psi the tire can safely operate at it's the recommended psi for normal conditions.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yes correct...there's nothing ever wrong with what ever you wish to with your investment...nothing at all...doesn't affect anyone else...unless your tire fails and causes damage/harm to others...:wink::wink:
Just so you guys know the 18" hankook dynapro at-m that comes on the Ranger has a max rating of 80 psi. It's usually somewhere on the tire in small print. Boy I was reallllyyy pushing it at 45 psi. Jeeze I could have gotten someone hurt!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
You do realize that a guide is exactly what the psi on the door jam is right? it's not the max psi the tire can safely operate at it's the recommended psi for normal conditions.
also the ford app shows 30psi all around, at least on mine..

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just saying that if you're running 45+ psi and not carrying extra load, you're reducing your contact patch, traction and creating unnecessary harsh ride. Yes, if you're at max GVW then by all means pump them up to 80 psi to maintain said contact patch.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Just saying that if you're running 45+ psi and not carrying extra load, you're reducing your contact patch, traction and creating unnecessary harsh ride. Yes, if you're at max GVW then by all means pump them up to 80 psi to maintain said contact patch.
not debating tht fact, just seems like 1. most rangers delivered with too high psi..like way 2much. And 2nd seens to be debate as to what rec factory psi should be. Door sticker and ford app show much lower than a lot are saying in forums. I tried 38 way bouncy, tried 34 a bit better. Im at what i stated earlier an im happy with that. my Ram has 20's and 36 is the charm...

forceofnature

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT with RC 6" Lift
Not everything is one size fits all. I thought I would want the leather seats in the Ranger but found the cloth more comfy. I have driven many many vehicles since I travel a lot for work. I find the Ranger Cloth to be quite good. Worst seats I have been in for me is the Inifinity QX80 SUV leather seats.

Trucks are bouncy, I am used to that. The Ranger is not as bad as the Dodge Ram I had.
Sponsored