First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger 2X4
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't flaunt the law, especially game laws. A little background...

I literally grew up in a sporting good store, in the Kansas City, MO area. I have fished and hunted in places that most folks have never heard of, and taken fish and game, both rare and exotic. I've owned more weaponry than most gun stores. But now...

I still own a few firearms, but my love has gone back towards the airguns of my youth. Airguns may be suppressed without any encumbrances, which means they're almost silent! In New Mexico, where I now live, allows airguns for a variety of game. And, even more species are being added this coming season (April 1st., 2023).

Yes, you can take deer and even some African big game with airguns, but they certainly are your average BB gun! But all said and done, stealth is the main reason for airguns. You miss (hopefully not), you often can do a follow up, and the game is none the wiser.

If you want more info, visit my airgun site: www.airgunguild.com
Gammo will drop a PA deer under 50 yards if you do your part

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Well, maybe Salt. The truth is, even in states which allow airguns to be used for deer sized game, the minimum muzzle energy is always at least 100 foot-pounds. Gammo's best nitro-piston pellet rifle, doesn't make 60 foot-pounds. Albeit, they say 65 which is a stretch. Me personally, I'd use a .357 PCP with about 160 foot-pounds, and even then, I'd doo my best to place the shot as accurate as I could.
Sponsored