Prices be crazy..........

Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HPR Ranger Lariat
I can not believe how some things have gone way up in price. Besides fuel and consumables some things have gone through the roof.

In the past 2 years old spice deodorant in my area has gone up from $4.50 ish to almost $8.00. Every once in a while it goes on sale for around $6.00. Either they are paying the old spice guy too much or there is a microchip shortage that is not listed in the ingredients lol.
Sponsored

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
I can not believe how some things have gone way up in price. Besides fuel and consumables some things have gone through the roof.

In the past 2 years old spice deodorant in my area has gone up from $4.50 ish to almost $8.00. Every once in a while it goes on sale for around $6.00. Either they are paying the old spice guy too much or there is a microchip shortage that is not listed in the ingredients lol.
Enjoy these prices while you can. It's gonna get far worse.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
the blood of the economy is diesel fuel. I dont care what propaganda the uninformed spout out about electric this and that. The goods services and products that make the entire worlds economy are delivered by something that runs on diesel or fuel oil crude (also a diesel). whenever the cost for that fuel goes up we can 100 % expect the cost of everything else to jump up too. commercial trucks, ships, trains and so all need diesel. no one will convince me that it is not at least in part planned on purpose. up until recent decades diesel was always cheap, less than the lowest octane unleaded gas and in some case propane etc. shoot some of the older diesels before all the high tech junk would run on almost any type of oil like crisco, no joke. we could mix about a 1/3 a tank of diesel from the pump with recycled used cooking oil and it would run great in the 12v cummins engines and wakeshas. i will also throw out the point that we could go green by doing near 100% bio diesel that is sustainable, would put more money in poor farmers pockets and be good for the planet by reducing emissions and more co2 reduction. but that would be too simple i mean if we fix a problem what will we sell to the people in our campaigns and then how do we take more tax money for screwing them lol. ok ok im stepping down from the soap box.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I wonder about the cost of spokespersons in adds too. I went to subway an a foot long roast beef was $12. They have like 7 celebrity spokespersons in their TV adds.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
& Doritos ?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I wonder about the cost of spokespersons in adds too. I went to subway an a foot long roast beef was $12. They have like 7 celebrity spokespersons in their TV adds.
They're trying to make up for having Jared the pedo in the previous ones.

Did you know subway's rolls were made from yoga mat material until backlash forced them to phase it out? And are classified as cake in Ireland due to sugar content?

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Get ready for the great package shrink that will become a reality soon. 20% less for 20% more!
Already happening with fresh fruits and veggies. Selling by the piece instead of by the pound as they did previously.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
They're trying to make up for having Jared the pedo in the previous ones.
Replacing him with Megan Rapinoe didn't help. My friends an I all stopped going when she was in the commercials. It didn't last long around here but I'd bet they still use her in some markets.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Hope you are throwing money into the stock market. Corp profits are freaking awesome currently. Now to sell my stock to fill up the Ranger and help out their profits.
Sponsored