Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
& Doritos ?
I mention this then today at my local grocery store they had them on sale 3 for $1.99 each ❤❤… which is a great price these days... so I am going to try to repeat the result…

& Powerball ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
& Doritos ?
We were at Walmart yesterday and a bag of Doritos is now $5.00. The sad thing is when you open it up it's 50% air. o_O I told my gf pretty soon you're going to open a bag and there will be 1 chip in there!:facepalm: I'm glad I really don't eat that stuff anymore and no way would I pay that price.:curse:

Get ready for the great package shrink that will become a reality soon. 20% less for 20% more!
Ice cream is classic for doing this. What was a 1/2 gallon has already shrunk down to 40 0z on most now. I did get some here a few weeks ago and it was a true 1/2 gallon. It was Blue Bell (great ice cream btw) which is normally close to $9.00/64oz but had a special for $2.50. This weekend it's on sale for $3.97 if you buy 2 which is still a great deal. Problem is I'll sit down and eat it out of the carton until it''s almost gone so I try not to buy it. Once it starts melting around the edges I can't stop myself! lol

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
i notice the price changes just while walking out of the grocery store.
it used to be $20/bag

so if i paid $80, i had 4 bags in my hands.

The other day, i walked out $243, and 4 bags......its ridiculous. and this is just the general regular stuff i buy. there was no special purchases in there
well, at least it is not as bad as it could be.... Order coffee and by the time it is poured the price goes up....

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
the blood of the economy is diesel fuel. I dont care what propaganda the uninformed spout out about electric this and that. The goods services and products that make the entire worlds economy are delivered by something that runs on diesel or fuel oil crude (also a diesel). whenever the cost for that fuel goes up we can 100 % expect the cost of everything else to jump up too. commercial trucks, ships, trains and so all need diesel. no one will convince me that it is not at least in part planned on purpose. up until recent decades diesel was always cheap, less than the lowest octane unleaded gas and in some case propane etc. shoot some of the older diesels before all the high tech junk would run on almost any type of oil like crisco, no joke. we could mix about a 1/3 a tank of diesel from the pump with recycled used cooking oil and it would run great in the 12v cummins engines and wakeshas. i will also throw out the point that we could go green by doing near 100% bio diesel that is sustainable, would put more money in poor farmers pockets and be good for the planet by reducing emissions and more co2 reduction. but that would be too simple i mean if we fix a problem what will we sell to the people in our campaigns and then how do we take more tax money for screwing them lol. ok ok im stepping down from the soap box.
I agree that the price of most everything is trickle down from fuel prices, but most people are blaming the wrong cause. Did you know that there has not been ONE major new oil refinery built in the US in the last 43 years. A small one was built in Texas in 2019 but it was only 35K barrels a day, a drop in the bucket. Simply put demand has far out stripped production, all current refinery's are running at 95% capacity and can't meet demand, so the price goes up until people cut way back and production can keep up. Without price control, which was abolished in 1981 there is no check on prices. A large refinery is a billion+ dollar investment which the oil companies won't make.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that the price of most everything is trickle down from fuel prices, but most people are blaming the wrong cause. Did you know that there has not been ONE major new oil refinery built in the US in the last 43 years. A small one was built in Texas in 2019 but it was only 35K barrels a day, a drop in the bucket. Simply put demand has far out stripped production, all current refinery's are running at 95% capacity and can't meet demand, so the price goes up until people cut way back and production can keep up. Without price control, which was abolished in 1981 there is no check on prices. A large refinery is a billion+ dollar investment which the oil companies won't make.
The Oil companies wouldn't build new ones because the permits from the government usually are not allowed. And lets not forget that most refineries require maintenance, and have to be shut down for that maintenance.

And lets be honest, as long as there is a push for EV's by the government and the end of ICE's being imposed by the government, why would anyone build a refinery?

Lets not look at the electric grid that is no where capable of taking on millions of plug in EV's. And where is all of this electricity supposed to come from? No new Nuclear power plants, no coal plants, no new Hydro-Electric dams and solar panels are not as efficient at producing electricity as Nuclear. And lets not forget Wind Turbines kill too many migratory birds and cannot be allowed to generate when the wind is too high.

It will get worse before it gets better...

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I've heard evil "big oil" is reluctant to to expand exploration because why risk investing billions into expanding production when states like California are banning the sale of products that run on gas. The federal government is getting there. It's bad business to expand supply for a dwindling market. The royalty on oil from federal land has going up 50% too for new wells. You can't get permits for new refineries because the people in charge don't want refineries at all. Someone we all know said "gas prices are going through an incredible transition" meaning it's by design to force people into an EV they may not want. Some love them some don't want anything to do with them. There may be a little tweaking coming to lower prices a little to avoid a total electoral wipeout but unaffordable gas is the desire of many in government.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard evil "big oil" is reluctant to to expand exploration because why risk investing billions into expanding production when states like California are banning the sale of products that run on gas. The federal government is getting there. It's bad business to expand supply for a dwindling market. The royalty on oil from federal land has going up 50% too for new wells. You can't get permits for new refineries because the people in charge don't want refineries at all. Someone we all know said "gas prices are going through an incredible transition" meaning it's by design to force people into an EV they may not want. Some love them some don't want anything to do with them. There may be a little tweaking coming to lower prices a little to avoid a total electoral wipeout but unaffordable gas is the desire of many in government.
I totally agree that this is by design. What those politicians do not realize that to get products to market requires oil based fuels whether is be shipping (I have never seen solar powered ships), trains require some sort of fuel that is not solar or wind generated, Big rigs run on diesel. So fuel prices are baked into any product we buy and that is what is driving inflation.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i cant get on my soap box or be political but govt is not the answer its the problem. This transition to electrical everything is to force a new captive industry. the enviro rhetoric is simply rhetoric. all that electrical stuff requires rare earth metals and so on. shocker, they still require oil lubrications and rubbers plastics etc. not to mention service life of the battery packs. so they are not helping the planet at all. the only leg one could even stand on for saving the planet would be carbon emissions. scientist that are not all "woke" can cap that leg. look where so much of the electricity comes from, burning of fuels... so how is that a win lol. my old man bought a new buick a few years back with the hybrid junk. nice car. battery crapped out about 76k miles. cost 8k to repair and replace the battery. anyone wanna guess what the car was worth being used with near 100k on it and in need of expensive parts? exactly. Dad wasnt about to spend that on a car that was old and would be in need of more stuff soon. he traded it in and got hosed on it value wise. tried to sell it our right, no one wanted to touch it. that buick went bye bye for giggles and then auto auction where it also flopped. likely ended up getting passed off on someone that didnt know how much the battery etc. cost. dads next car was not a ev or hybrid, and it gets 33 mpg , 4 door sedan with room for fat guys. apparently that is a pretty common situation with ev and hybrids stuff. ev is not a solution its just the next evolution of the status quo. the tech is present and has been to avoid the problems. fixing the issues isnt politically or money wise a priority. keeping it as is as an ongoing under the thumb buy in is the goal. A lot of stories with shady outcomes have happened to folks that had real solutions. but you know me tinfoil hat an all lol.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
We were at Walmart yesterday and a bag of Doritos is now $5.00. The sad thing is when you open it up it's 50% air. o_O I told my gf pretty soon you're going to open a bag and there will be 1 chip in there!:facepalm: I'm glad I really don't eat that stuff anymore and no way would I pay that price.:curse:

Ice cream is classic for doing this. What was a 1/2 gallon has already shrunk down to 40 0z on most now. I did get some here a few weeks ago and it was a true 1/2 gallon. It was Blue Bell (great ice cream btw) which is normally close to $9.00/64oz but had a special for $2.50. This weekend it's on sale for $3.97 if you buy 2 which is still a great deal. Problem is I'll sit down and eat it out of the carton until it''s almost gone so I try not to buy it. Once it starts melting around the edges I can't stop myself! lol

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
revise it just a bit and score some points. " i told my pretty girl friend, soon you -"
Sponsored