First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Seems like tire prices have gone up lately. I will need some new rubbers on the 4g next year so ive been casually browsing. even the cheapo tires are pricey now.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Seems like tire prices have gone up lately. I will need some new rubbers on the 4g next year so ive been casually browsing. even the cheapo tires are pricey now.
There is not much that hasn't had a price increase in the past two years.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I bought tires last Nov. I started looking in Sept, by the time I bought them (trying to get some miles out of the factory ones before the swap before winter) they went up $10 a tire. Just checked them before posting an they have gone up $17 a tire.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I bought tires last Nov. I started looking in Sept, by the time I bought them (trying to get some miles out of the factory ones before the swap before winter) they went up $10 a tire. Just checked them before posting an they have gone up $17 a tire.
sad how things are going. i thought about doing a bump in size after the bilstien parts went on but when i saw they prices over 300 a tire i decided it just was not worth it.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I recently snagged a set of Jeep take offs, 5 for $500. No way I’m paying over a grand for tires I’ll be chewing up on trails. Just going to keep buying take offs as they pop up.

_nc_ohc=xUwhqMzk3NMAX-p2Xv5&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i may be hunting for used or take offs too at this rate.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
We won’t be allowed to drive our earth killing gas guzzling trucks soon enough anyway so why worry about tires

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
im swapping out the stock bridgestones for cooper rugged trek on monday and went on tirerack to see what i might price them at on facebook and they were almost $1000 a set! anyone local to me wants a set of stocker takeoffs i would give you a good deal!

Blublood

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
When I was browsing my local Discount Tire looking to upgrade from stock, the customer service rep suggested buying sooner rather than later. I was told that there is a rubber shortage and there are going to be issues getting a hold of tires very soon. The rep said that they normally order around 6 million winter tires every year, but have only been able to get their hands on 3 million. While I know this is all anecdotal, such a shortage could explain the higher prices.

Additionally, I fear that there are a lot of other raw material shortages happening now, or soon to happen, that only industry insiders are aware of. Not looking forward to all of that finally coming to the attention of the consumer. Thanks for listening, gotta go find my Reynolds Wrap now :)

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
When I was browsing my local Discount Tire looking to upgrade from stock, the customer service rep suggested buying sooner rather than later. I was told that there is a rubber shortage and there are going to be issues getting a hold of tires very soon. The rep said that they normally order around 6 million winter tires every year, but have only been able to get their hands on 3 million. While I know this is all anecdotal, such a shortage could explain the higher prices.

Additionally, I fear that there are a lot of other raw material shortages happening now, or soon to happen, that only industry insiders are aware of. Not looking forward to all of that finally coming to the attention of the consumer. Thanks for listening, gotta go find my Reynolds Wrap now :)
likely is one of the reasons why. it seems like shortages of everything is the norm now. stock up on the foil while you can. im sure it will be running low now also.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
People don't think about it, but oil is a primary resource in tires. Manufacturing, materials, transportation; all of it relies on oil. As oil prices increase, so do tire prices.

Back in ~2006 I bought a set of wheels for $90 a piece. Alloy wheels. Now they are all $300+. Its insanity. I know I sound like my dad; [old man voice]"Back in my day"[/old man voice].

Last edited:

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
now might be a good time to buy a new set, and vacum seal them for future use
Sponsored