MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've been doing some research on buying an aftermarket exhaust (Roush on top of my list). I'm reading that an aftermarket exhaust can cause problems with a vehicle that has a turbo, says it could cause the engine to run too lean. Is this something to worry about? I want an aftermarket exhaust but don't want to sacrifice the reliability of the truck. I want to keep this thing forever.
Sponsored

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
You only run into an issue with it running lean if you upgrade your downpipe and don't retune the vehicle. Cat back exhaust doesn't cause any issues

OP
OP
MannyS

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Don't do it!! All the exhausts make the Ranger sound like a Civic or a farm tractor!! :LOL::giggle::giggle::LOL:

Just my 2 cents and I'm old soooo. lol
I'm really loving the roush exhaust

stratos201xp

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Driver
I purchased the 3” mbrp full exhaust with turn down. I love it, I’m also running spd high flow down pipe with 93 performance tune. Afe charge pipes, injen cold air intake and turbosmart bov. Under acceleration I assure you it sounds know where close to a civic. It’s deep and throaty. I’m grabbing mishimotos intercooler this summer. Then there upgraded radiator as well. Be careful because some exhaust will make it sound like pissed off chipmunks. Best luck I have is with a straight flow exhaust with a huge packed muffler.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Exhaust sound is a very subjective thing, so if you're old school and are trying to make a 4 cylinder sound like a v8 you're in for a rough time...

OP
OP
MannyS

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If I like the sound. I don't really care what anyone else thinks. I just want to make sure it will not cause problems further into the future. Like I said I want this truck to last as long as possible.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Cat back exhaust will have no issues, you'll be fine.

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Was some nice sounding exhaust for the Ranger. 5:35in the video if you want to cut out everything else.

Deathrider

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
If I like the sound. I don't really care what anyone else thinks. I just want to make sure it will not cause problems further into the future. Like I said I want this truck to last as long as possible.
I have the Borla exhaust, i think it sounds really good, it has a good refined tune and of course made of very good quality.

Last edited:

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I've been doing some research on buying an aftermarket exhaust (Roush on top of my list). I'm reading that an aftermarket exhaust can cause problems with a vehicle that has a turbo, says it could cause the engine to run too lean. Is this something to worry about? I want an aftermarket exhaust but don't want to sacrifice the reliability of the truck. I want to keep this thing forever.
I purchased I removed the stock system from downpipe back
See my new post re the 717909 FlowFX Cat-Back Exhaust System Install WITH MODS here https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-back-exhaust-system-install-with-mods.12307/. Short version: Sounds Sweet, ZERO Driveability problems at all.

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
So would true dual exhaust (2 pipes, 2 mufflers) be beneficial/feasible for the current breed of Rangers with the 2.3L Ecoboost?

Hellrazor

First Name
Clement
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Baller
Sounds like shit on these trucks. Keep the stock exhaust

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I have the Borla exhaust, i think it sounds really good, it has a good refined tune and of course made of very good quality.
Looking forward to getting the type S catback system. I love that crackle.

Although I'm curious as to what the Borla ATAK would sound like. It sounds so badass on the 6 cylinder EcoBoost.
Sponsored