Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Security Engineer
Hey all,

I've been trying to find a cat-back setup for my Tremor. I have the SPD 3" downpipe to 3" cat-back.

When I reached out to MBRP for one of their exhaust setups, they said they hadn't tested the fit on a Tremor. I also spoke with Frank at s3motorsports and he isn't sure either.

Is there anyone out there that knows for sure if the Tremor package will cause any fitment issues with exhaust setups?

Thanks in advance!
Josh
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I've been trying to find a cat-back setup for my Tremor. I have the SPD 3" downpipe to 3" cat-back.

When I reached out to MBRP for one of their exhaust setups, they said they hadn't tested the fit on a Tremor. I also spoke with Frank at s3motorsports and he isn't sure either.

Is there anyone out there that knows for sure if the Tremor package will cause any fitment issues with exhaust setups?

Thanks in advance!
Josh
I don't see why it would cause any issues honestly best options gonna be looking underneath and comparing lol

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I'm sure they're the exact same exhaust.

Ford is infinitely too cheap to produce 2 different factory exhausts for pretty much the same truck.

Compare part #s between the factory tremor stuff and the "regular" truck mabey?

OP
OP
Tremortized

Tremortized

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Not a bad idea, but so far, the only trims I see them list are XL, XLT, and Lariat, not the Tremor package itself.

OP
OP
Tremortized

Tremortized

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
I'm only bringing this up, because the shops making the aftermarket exhausts aren't willing to say what you're saying. I can trust you and go buy an exhaust setup, but if the different suspension, tires, etc. of the Tremor package mean the exhaust doesn't fit, I can't return it at that point. I was hoping someone with a Tremor could speak to this and confirm it's all good before I drop $100s of dollars on a hope.

I do appreciate your response and want to believe it, but if multiple shops won't make the same statement, it makes me hesitant to move forward.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I'm only bringing this up, because the shops making the aftermarket exhausts aren't willing to say what you're saying. I can trust you and go buy an exhaust setup, but if the different suspension, tires, etc. of the Tremor package mean the exhaust doesn't fit, I can't return it at that point. I was hoping someone with a Tremor could speak to this and confirm it's all good before I drop $100s of dollars on a hope.

I do appreciate your response and want to believe it, but if multiple shops won't make the same statement, it makes me hesitant to move forward.
The shops are hesitant to say anything because they don't know enough about the ranger to realize they all have the exact same exhaust, and theyre only covering their own asses.

Just buy the exhaust man.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

I switched out my stock leafs for Tremor leafs and I can say with certainty that there is nothing different underneath that would interfere with an exhaust system.

OP
OP
Tremortized

Tremortized

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
OK, the consensus seems to be that it's fine, so I'll give it a go. Thanks all.

SpaceGhost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
You could also watch an exhaust install video and see it the connection points match the Tremor.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have the single side exit MBRP cat back exhaust on my Tremor and it fits like the stock exhaust. It comes in more pieces than the stock exhaust so it will fit in a reasonable sized shipping box but it uses all the factory hangers. The cost of the MBRP is much more reasonable for a 304 stainless system compared to FP or Magna Flow.

The exhaust is only slightly louder than stock. You can hear the exhaust but it is not intrusive at all. I would say that if you never heard a stock exhaust you would think that the MBRP is a good sounding stock exhaust. It is exactly what I was looking for.

OP
OP
Tremortized

Tremortized

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Thanks all. Do you also have downpipes, and if so, which ones?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
Josh
Tremor differences are in the shocks/springs, tires, and interior trim. Everything else is the same.
Sponsored