Trigger 4 Plus/Six Shooter

HSVranger

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
I'm sure this answer is somewhere in a thread but instead of searching I might as well just ask. I plan on getting either the Trigger 4 Plus or Six shooter soonish and I have basic questions about the wiring. In the past, any vehicle that I added or changed wiring to, I would disconnect the battery (good wiring discipline) and do the work. This is the first vehicle I will be doing this to that has all sorts of battery sensitive modules on it and I have heard (on other modern vehicles) that disconnecting the battery messes with computers. The manual says wait 2 minutes after turning the ignition off before disconnecting the battery. Is that the only consideration I need to be aware of? Could I just remove all the fuses in the trigger (4plus) or the 100A fuse (Six Shooter) and leave the battery terminals connected while wiring?
Sponsored

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Trigger 4 - and I am pretty sure I got everything in position and then disconnected the negative, wired it up on the battery, then hooked the leads back up.

Other than changing my clock back to the correct time and resetting the audio settings, my one touch window on the driver side wasn’t working, but a simple reset procedure on that and I was good.

bdunk

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
Unfortunately I don’t have an answer to your question. However, I will provide an additional question you. How and where are you mounting under the hood? I’m trying to decide if I want the Trigger or if I want to splurge on the Switch Pros and go through the firewall. I see a number of people sell plates to mount to but I haven’t seen any for a Ranger yet.

ThtDrnGuy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Real Estate Photographer
I ordered the Trigger 4 switch last night, and was looking on here and a fella just had his sitting on the battery, another mounted his to the side of the battery box.