Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen how they attach or what they look like? Heard a rumor that the front hooks can be used in the rear somehow but don't see how that's possible.
Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I'm curious myself. Also looking to see if the Aux switches on the dash can be retrofitted.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
they look like they take the place of the dash tray, so hopefully it's a simple exchange of the components and then add the wiring ....which would be the death of the project to guys like me from a DIY standpoint.

1610625581969.png
Ditto, I rigged my switch box here, but if the price is right I'll be swapping over. Knowing Ford those they will charge $500 for that chunk of plastic...

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
The rear tow hooks kind of look like the ones on the raptor that, I think, are part of the hitch. Would love a way to add a rear tow hook though.

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Ditto, I rigged my switch box here, but if the price is right I'll be swapping over. Knowing Ford those they will charge $500 for that chunk of plastic...
I've had a brief look through my parts catalog at work and they don't seem to have any Tremor parts listed yet for 2021. Ive been trying to see how much the new grille is myself lol.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I've had a brief look through my parts catalog at work and they don't seem to have any Tremor parts listed yet for 2021. Ive been trying to see how much the new grille is myself lol.
Keep us posted.?

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I think the chances of retrofitting that switch panel are minimal. The Tremor will most likely have an entirely different wiring harness to accommodate it. Now if it's somehow possible to use that switch bank in place of switches that come with some existing product that would be neat but I'm betting its on the canbus and not something that can be integrated that way.

I also noticed the tow hooks are not available with the tow package so I'm betting they bolt to the frame where the receiver hitch does and they both can't occupy the same space. Kind of a bummer they cheeped out and didn't just integrate the tow hooks into the receiver mount.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering if the rear tow hooks are the same as the F150s. I seem to remember seeing a post on this forum somewhere where someone had posted they had mounted F150 rear tow hooks up on their Ranger.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I also noticed the tow hooks are not available with the tow package so I'm betting they bolt to the frame where the receiver hitch does and they both can't occupy the same space. Kind of a bummer they cheeped out and didn't just integrate the tow hooks into the receiver mount.
The loops under the receiver were already rated tow points.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Man I like the Tremor seats with the suede inserts. Wonder if they will sag like our leather seats lol.

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The loops under the receiver were already rated tow points.
The emergency chain loops? I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to use those to yank out a stuck vehicle.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The emergency chain loops? I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to use those to yank out a stuck vehicle.
Check the manual--it says use the tow loops on the front (if equipped) and the chain loops on the back. If you're really concerned or you want better angles you can just use a shackle hitch, but the point is that the rear loops don't really add missing functionality if you've got the tow package. (Yes, I've seen horror stories of bad things happening with emergency chain loops, but get down on the ground and take a close look at what's wrapped around the receiver on a ranger--it's not a flimsy U-shaped piece of wire spot-welded on.)

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I think the chances of retrofitting that switch panel are minimal. The Tremor will most likely have an entirely different wiring harness to accommodate it. Now if it's somehow possible to use that switch bank in place of switches that come with some existing product that would be neat but I'm betting its on the canbus and not something that can be integrated that way.
Be nice if Ford offered them as a standalone option. The "upfitter" switch pkg upgrade on my F-350 was under 200.00 if memory serves me and accommodates each switch with a fuse in the main box.
Sponsored