First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab Lariat FX4
Occupation
Excavation Contractor
I recently installed the OME 600lb constant weight leafs and Fox 2.5s all around and even with 800+lbs of gear in the bed the rear of the truck is still very high, approximately 2-2.5in over stock height. With around 400lbs on the bed (my cap, RRT, bed drawers+gear) the rear sits ~2.75 over stock height and my rear shocks are basically at full extension. The leafs did not settle out either after 2,500 miles of pounding on them fully loaded on our recent baja trip.

I have a weight safe trailer hitch with a scale built in and just for fun i tested how much load it actually takes with these leafs for my truck to sit level with the front shocks set at 2.5in lift. I had to apply 850lbs to my hitch in addition to the 400lbs on the bed to make the truck sit level. So in summary I found these leaf packs to lift the truck more than advertised and they behave very stiff and don't settle much with the constant load. Even with the 600lbs load you will still have a decent amount of rake.

I think I am going to be removing the third leaf down from the top and gettin shorter u-bolts to reconfigure mine like the standard load rated packs.
Sponsored

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Man if you were not in Canada I will buy those tremor leafs from you in a heart beat

puda

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler
Occupation
Industrial Automation
Hey, still on the fence so have not pulled the trigger on icon or OME yet.
Interested to hear what the ride quality is like after you instal the 121 OME springs.

I ended up with vibration when accelerating with the Tremor Fox suspension and the OME 600 pound springs. It feels nice with the springs, definitely more firm but I only had about 400 pounds in back. I decided to go with BP-51 shocks and coilovers to try and level things back out again and hopefully alleviate the vibration.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Icon springs on option 1. They are really comfortable. I have a RTT that goes on for camp weekends. They ride great loaded and unloaded. If you have your gear in all the time, there are 3 options for different load ratings.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I ended up with vibration when accelerating with the Tremor Fox suspension and the OME 600 pound springs. It feels nice with the springs, definitely more firm but I only had about 400 pounds in back. I decided to go with BP-51 shocks and coilovers to try and level things back out again and hopefully alleviate the vibration.
Check your rear pinion angle. You might need to shim your rear end.

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
My tremor dropped 3/8” when I installed my RTT it weighs 160lbs I do have eibach 1” spacers installed
Sponsored