Transmission issues

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
I just glanced at your location, so yeah you know the deal. I really hope these Bi turbos turn out to be solid enigines, bc we did not have a option other than the 2.0 or 2.0 bi. Personally, I wish they would have slammed the Bi turbo on the 3.2ltr. The ten speeds have held up in the states , but like everything, that bad batch is just waiting to take a peak. Toyota has had their fare share of bad things also. Just the way mechanical machines with computer brains work.
Yes, indeed Toyota has had lots of truck issues! My '19 Ranger XLT FX4 EcoBoost is at 10k mis an just running better an better as mis accrue. Solid well built machine. Love the truck! Zero issues.
Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
my brother has a 2017 raptor with 30k on it and hes had it in the shop for a total of almost 40 days with transmission issues, they cant figure it out. hes had extemely rough shifts, when going from park to drive the trans SLAMS into gear extremely hard and hes gotten it locked in 7th gear and couldnt get it out. my dad also had the 1st gen f 150 ecoboost and he had the exact same problems with rough shifting and slamming from park to drive. Ford needs to stop messing around and just put the ZF 8 speed that everyone and their mother is using because its incredible. I have a 2017 dodge charger daytona 392 and the 8 speed is incredible, shifts smoother than the 10 speed and is extremely quick
Or perhaps what Ford should be doing is discontinuing the practice of dicking around with people. Once you reach the point that you can't figure out the issue, even with the assistance of the engineering team, and you're not already in the process of replacing the transmission, you're simply wasting the customer's time and money really. I've been in maintenance my whole life and nothing is stupider than wasting time trying to tinker with an issue that you can't figure out. Just replace the part and move on.

Tim G.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Occupational Health and Safety
Or perhaps what Ford should be doing is discontinuing the practice of dicking around with people. Once you reach the point that you can't figure out the issue, even with the assistance of the engineering team, and you're not already in the process of replacing the transmission, you're simply wasting the customer's time and money really. I've been in maintenance my whole life and nothing is stupider than wasting time trying to tinker with an issue that you can't figure out. Just replace the part and move on.
i agree, they ended up having to order a special part that ford didnt even offer, after all this it still didnt fix the problem. 78k truck and he has to constantly deal with this. its sad
Sponsored