Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I have the shudder.
Not pulling a trailer.
Engine idles perfect with no miss or vibration.
Truck feels perfect above 10 mph.
Inbetween there is a weird shudder/miss almost the instant you take you foot off the brake pedal.
I'm ready to tape a go pro to the frame and see if the driveshaft is moving around. I don't believe it's an actual engine miss, it just could be mistaken for one.
Transmission has been good so far.
1800 miles.
Sponsored

Tito

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Ranger, Not getting another, fuel in oil.
Late on this thread but I just read it a few days ago. My truck was built Aug '19 and HAD the shudder. It was always under 10mph on acceleration whether slow of firm. After reading this thread, I loosened my carrier bearing. It was installed with the unit almost all the way forward. It didn't move when loosened but the bolts were barely snug. I pushed it all the way forward and tightened the bolts. Seat of the pants sensor indicates about 90-95% reduction in shudder.
I was also going to try the lube on the yoke as Phil suggested but the boot covering the portion of the two piece shaft which has the slip joint is crimped on and I didn't have the time for all that. I think I will just leave it as is. Great info on this site......

David Graham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Late on this thread but I just read it a few days ago. My truck was built Aug '19 and HAD the shudder. It was always under 10mph on acceleration whether slow of firm. After reading this thread, I loosened my carrier bearing. It was installed with the unit almost all the way forward. It didn't move when loosened but the bolts were barely snug. I pushed it all the way forward and tightened the bolts. Seat of the pants sensor indicates about 90-95% reduction in shudder.
I was also going to try the lube on the yoke as Phil suggested but the boot covering the portion of the two piece shaft which has the slip joint is crimped on and I didn't have the time for all that. I think I will just leave it as is. Great info on this site......
I also did that same process with no good results...sorry to say I sold my ford dealership the ranger back. This is after 9 months of trying to get it to drive smooth. It was at the dealership 4 times in 9 months for these same issues. I have had 4 rangers in the past and loved them all, until my 2019 fx4 . DONE.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Thats alot of movement! The cross member at the carrier bearing even moves up!

Could the drive shaft being out of phase cause that?

I actually posted that in the wrong thread it was supposed to be on the newer shudder thread oops..

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It's terrible. Easily the worst transmission I have ever owned in any vehicle. My first Ford and my LAST

Funny thing is it's literally in about 50 different vehicles across Ford and GM. It's not the transmission that's bad. Also there is a TSB for rough shifting that fixes all of the jerkyness.

It's totally one of the best transmissions ever built, a true work of art.

The Camaro ZL1, the Superduty trucks, F150, and Even higher end Cadillac's have this transmission.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford-GM_10-speed_automatic_transmission

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Funny thing is it's literally in about 50 different vehicles across Ford and GM. It's not the transmission that's bad. Also there is a TSB for rough shifting that fixes all of the jerkyness.

It's totally one of the best transmissions ever built, a true work of art.

The Camaro ZL1, the Superduty trucks, F150, and Even higher end Cadillac's have this transmission.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford-GM_10-speed_automatic_transmission
He didn't put it back together ?

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
4th gear and 7th gear at low rpms. Evwn a little in 10th at 75. I can speed up or slow down and it goes away. But, I'm having plenty of other transmission issues that may be related.
Sponsored