First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
RN
Transmission completely died at 11767 miles on Ranger 2019. Anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
see? hard for this to happen to a manual...just sayin'

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
see? hard for this to happen to a manual...just sayin'
I used to get a manual transmission in everything I owned. Most of that ended when I got married. After trying to teach my wife how to drive a manual Porsche 911, I decided I couldn't afford any more "straight shifts."

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I used to do clutch replacements on class 8 semi tractors along with other maintenance. The drivers all thought that they were such awesome drivers that they did not need to use the clutch. Really, then how come it's worn down to the rivets ?

OP
OP

Pbrown

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
RN
What exactly happened? Any symptoms leading up to?
It first felt like there was air in the line- only happening in low gear-a vibration almost like a skip- when you slowed down. Thought it was the ecoboost. Nothing ever in reverse. It then started to hop when you were in low gear and stalling like it wanted to stop. Nothing after 50 miles an hour.

OP
OP

Pbrown

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
RN
It first felt like there was air in the line- only happening in low gear-a vibration almost like a skip- when you slowed down. Thought it was the ecoboost. Nothing ever in reverse. It then started to hop when you were in low gear and stalling like it wanted to stop. Nothing after 50 miles an hour.
It died trying to get to dealership- needed towing!

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Did this just happen? Wondering what the outcome was/will be......

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
In 2000 I bought a brand new F-150 XLSuperCab 4 x 4 with the 5.4 V8 and built by Mazda transmission. At 4000 miles I was towing a trailer on my way to June Lake, Ca when the transmission decided to shift into second and stay there, reverse & park only no matter what.
I had to limp back to my Ford dealer who ended up swapping out the entire transmission under warranty.
Totally ruined a camping week for me and my family especially because the campsite was not refundable at the day of check in and I ate few hundred dollars.
Never got a good explanation from Ford but I blame it 110% on that Irish ass Murphy and his damned Law!

Ford will fix it, best of luck?

Just Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Law Enforcemen
Just bought mine and really love the truck but it is doing the same thing. I was thinking it was the economist just winding down to conserve fuel. I'm only at 200 miles and guessing I'll head to my dealer and start a paper trail of the problem. Glad I read this but bummed out hearing its a problem hope it works out for you. Please keep us up dated.

OP
OP

Pbrown

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
RN
This happened March 17- Dealership had to get some kind of permission to replace the transmission . They just got the ok yesterday now waiting on parts. Won’t be ready until the end of next week. Of course the dealership will not offer a loaner to drive so having to use a rental- they say they will reimburse me if I provide an invoice and had to get the ok to extend the 10 days to extend reimbursement. They only pay 30$ a day for car and 60$ a day for truck and it has to be a Ford! So out of pocket until it’s fixed.
Did this just happen? Wondering what the outcome was/will be......

OP
OP

Pbrown

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
RN
Ford is definitely fixing it they have had delays due to the COVID 19- and really have been very cooperative. This being the first Ranger in a while probably should have waited to buy after they got the kinks out. My worry is this going to happen again and if they can figure out why this happened and will this affect the value of my truck should I decide to trade.
Sponsored