First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
The cabs are nice, but dang, they are proud of them!
All in on the Branson, Branson Cab, 48 Berco PTO Snow Blower with electric chute control, delivery, and tax about $27K.

We justified the purchase as we had roughly $10K quotes in landscaping.

OK, I enjoy having another toy.
Sponsored

Midnightmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT
Just don't get the ones they sell at home improvement stores. They aren't the same as the ones from the actual John Deere dealers. I would look at moving up to the 500 series of you are going to be doing anything other than mowing. Their one series compact tractors are little beasts, too.

I have an X570 that I purchasaed new at the beginning of last mowing season. It does have the Kawasaki engine in that series. I just did the 150 hour service on it last week. Other than routine maintenance, it has been perfect. They are available with a 48" or 54" deck if I remember correctly.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
All in on the Branson, Branson Cab, 48 Berco PTO Snow Blower with electric chute control, delivery, and tax about $27K.

We justified the purchase as we had roughly $10K quotes in landscaping.

OK, I enjoy having another toy.
John, you really know how to make a guy feel OK about himself. :)

And I bought my Walker used. ;)

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
A lot of guys swear by the old iron. I have a John Deere 165 hydro I picked up for a hundred bucks. Turn the key nothing. Bad pto switch. replaced that an it runs great but mower kicked off after 20 minutes. Replaced the PTO an it's a good mower but only a 38" deck with the mulching kit. It's a good back up for having under $300 in it. I have an '86 John Deere 316. It's a tank. 18 HP, shaft drive hydro 50" deck, front hydraulics for a blade or blower but it developed a short an fried the wiring harness. I'll mess with it over winter or sell/part it out. Old 300 series are in strong demand still.

The newer stuff from JD seems lighter built but they are way quieter an ride much better an no tinkering required. I priced a new cub too. For clearing a driveway it seems you need at least the second tier tractor from either. To get what I had with a shaft driven hydro pump would be $7 grand an up an I don't even think that included front hydraulics or the blade/blower.

I picked up a 2006 Cub 2550gt with 470 hours on it for $500 with a 50" deck. Turns out the PTO bearings were seized an the deck turned over when you tried to start it. I found the factory PTO direct from Warner for $189 an For the month I've used it it's a great mower but has a much bigger turning radius than the JD's. I picked up a plow, snow blower, suitcase weights and tire chains for it from another buy for $600 for everything. It's a shaft driven hydro but no hydraulic lift for the attachments. I recently retired an bought a house so there's no way I could swing a new tractor but I think this one will keep going for years to come.

OP
OP
SteveH

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
The next model up, X350, has a Kawasaki. That’s worth getting if you intend to keep this mower for a long time.
The V-Twin John Deere iTorque is a Kawasaki?

OP
OP
SteveH

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
I have an X570 that I purchasaed new at the beginning of last mowing season. It does have the Kawasaki engine in that series. I just did the 150 hour service on it last week. Other than routine maintenance, it has been perfect. They are available with a 48" or 54" deck if I remember correctly.
The 570's are a bit more then I want to spend. Great looking tractor though.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
John, you really know how to make a guy feel OK about himself. :)

And I bought my Walker used. ;)
Bill, 40 years of day dreaming and saving. I turn 62 at the end of this month and I’m joining you in retirement on 30 Dec 22. My wife and I started planning out 10 years ago how we’d think we’d like the final chapter in our lives be and the good LORD has been on our side making dreams come true.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
Since we are getting up there in age. I'm looking at getting away from push mowing. And walk behind snow blowers. So, along with RV shopping. I'm looking at John Deere tractors. I know back in the day they were bullet proof. How are they now?
I'm looking at the X330 tractor and the 44"snow blower attachment. And. Of course. Chains and weights. Not looking into a cab yet.
22 HP twin. B&S motor. When did they switch from Kawasaki?
Opinions please.
2000000001.jpg

Or. The Cub Cadet XT2 LX46 with the 23 HP Kohler with hydrostatic tranny.

Cub-Cadet_XT2_LX46_2000x2000_2.jpg

Not liking the snow blower for this. But like the Kohler engined.
I got a 25 year old Murray riding lawnmower that still thinks it's brand new.