RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone else getting their delivery dates pushed back? In one week, my delivery date went from April 1 to April 7 to April 14.
I did - Mine was April 7 now April 12. Been "Awaiting Shipment" since the 19th.
Sponsored

PiperL1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Mine just moved up from 4/11 to 4/8. Still shows in production. Seems like a moving target.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Mine just moved up from 4/11 to 4/8. Still shows in production. Seems like a moving target.
Definitely, although your target is moving in the right direction. Mine increased by a week yesterday. Shows still in production and 58 days until delivery. That really says June to me.

Ron_W

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape titanium, 2013 c-max
OK. I looked into this a little bit. It looks like this might work, but from what I can tell it will only work if Jack Cooper is the company that will deliver it to the dealer. I looked up a few VIN's from around the country, and I found a Fusion in transport on a train that when you look it up on that site, under the "Origin" column it shows where the train currently is. Doesn't give a state, but a city.
My truck was built on 2/7 and is still in production. It will ship by rail. There is a freight bill pending on the Jack Cooper site. Do you know what triggers it to awaiting shipment? Is it just released to the shipping company or for example does it have to be assigned to a rail car to change the status to awaiting shipment? It is only going to St Louis. Not even the zone rep can get a answer as what is going on.

pcannon48

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion 2012
Mine says in transit and the delivery date moved from April 7th to the 6th. I can't find a freight bill.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I placed my order 3-7-2019 and the tracker shows estimated delivery of 5-4-2019. I'm happy with that estimate but how many of you can confirm this tracker is accurate based on your experiences?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I placed my order 3-7-2019 and the tracker shows estimated delivery of 5-4-2019. I'm happy with that estimate but how many of you can confirm this tracker is accurate based on your experiences?
I haven't received my truck yet, but based on my experience to date, as well as others experience as documented on these forums, I'd say the dates in the tracker can be anywhere from pretty accurate to WILDLY inaccurate. The dates can literally change daily when the tracker updates. Those dates sound pretty optimistic to me.

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
Once the truck is out of Ford's hands, the tracker is only an estimate. Based on my own experiences this week, the tracker uses whatever ETA is used in the system of record for whatever freight service is doing the deliver. My Ranger was shipped via rail on Norfolk Southern to my local area then trucked to the dealership by United Road.

When my dealership sent me screens of the visibility report (more detailed order tracking) I could see when/why the ETA had changed, based on where the carrier was, with a range of dates for the ETA at dealership. Basically the carrier tells Ford their expected timelines and Ford updates the tracker with the *latest* ETA date. So in my case, tracker said estimated delivery 4/1 while the truck was shipping, then changed to 3/27, then 4/1, then 3/30.

Today it still says 3/30, which according to the visibility report is the latest delivery date, but I know for a fact it is being delivered at this very moment because I was able to track the VIN through United Road. Moral of the story is, Ford can only provide estimates and the date they show on the tracker will always be the latest possible date based on current estimates.

Unfortunately, estimates are just that--estimates, and conditions often change and can cause them be pushed back. Hang in there folks, the wait is long but worth it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
My truck was built on 2/7 and is still in production. It will ship by rail. There is a freight bill pending on the Jack Cooper site. Do you know what triggers it to awaiting shipment? Is it just released to the shipping company or for example does it have to be assigned to a rail car to change the status to awaiting shipment? It is only going to St Louis. Not even the zone rep can get a answer as what is going on.
As far as I can tell, a truck remains "In Production" on the customer tracker until the plant releases it to the transport company. When it's released it should be "Awaiting Shipment".

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Once the truck is out of Ford's hands, the tracker is only an estimate. Based on my own experiences this week, the tracker uses whatever ETA is used in the system of record for whatever freight service is doing the deliver. My Ranger was shipped via rail on Norfolk Southern to my local area then trucked to the dealership by United Road.

When my dealership sent me screens of the visibility report (more detailed order tracking) I could see when/why the ETA had changed, based on where the carrier was, with a range of dates for the ETA at dealership. Basically the carrier tells Ford their expected timelines and Ford updates the tracker with the *latest* ETA date. So in my case, tracker said estimated delivery 4/1 while the truck was shipping, then changed to 3/27, then 4/1, then 3/30.

Today it still says 3/30, which according to the visibility report is the latest delivery date, but I know for a fact it is being delivered at this very moment because I was able to track the VIN through United Road. Moral of the story is, Ford can only provide estimates and the date they show on the tracker will always be the latest possible date based on current estimates.

Unfortunately, estimates are just that--estimates, and conditions often change and can cause them be pushed back. Hang in there folks, the wait is long but worth it.
Does United Road transport vehicles to all of the New England states? Can you provide me with the link to United Road so I can track my truck?

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
Me too! I know how you feel! I could go pick it up, I only live 12 miles from the plant! Placed order in September & accepted by Ford on 10/02! Can't get any answers either!

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
Does United Road transport vehicles to all of the New England states? Can you provide me with the link to United Road so I can track my truck?
No idea if they deliver everywhere in New England but it's likely. Right off the bat I can tell you my truck and others at my dealer came off ramp 04, it will say the ramp number on your window sticker (mine was RA04). It was a little tricky to get to the point where I could track it but this should work if it's being carried by UR:

First get a VIN from a new car on the lot of your Ford dealer and look it up here: https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts

Make sure to only use the last 8 digits. If the Ford was delivered by United Road there will be a delivery receipt. Once the delivery receipt shows up you can click the "Register" link on the right to register for delivery notifications for that location. Enter your information and if it works you get a United Road login that will let you view deliveries made to that location as well as any pending deliveries in the possession of United Road. If the truck isn't on a ramp with UR it won't show up in pending deliveries as far as I can tell, meaning if it's still on the train they may not have tracking information yet.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I can tell, a truck remains "In Production" on the customer tracker until the plant releases it to the transport company. When it's released it should be "Awaiting Shipment".
Hmmm - I've tried both trackers listed, and my truck isn't showing up on either - it has been "Awaiting Shipment" for 3 days now. Given the push back in delivery date, and the estimated days in transit, I'm guessing I will be there for another 3-4 days.

Is anyone aware of any other shippers that could be checked?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Hmmm - I've tried both trackers listed, and my truck isn't showing up on either - it has been "Awaiting Shipment" for 3 days now. Given the push back in delivery date, and the estimated days in transit, I'm guessing I will be there for another 3-4 days.

Is anyone aware of any other shippers that could be checked?
PM me your VIN. I'll look in the Ford system.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
A lot may have to do with the train company that handles a specific geographical area??

My Ranger was built 3/20 and is already showing in transit. The estimated delivery date has been moved forward from 4/14 to 4/4. I don't see any adverse weather that would delay a shipment to Florida, so here's hoping that new date holds true.

I've also noticed the window sticker has some changes from when it was first available. 9-Normal is now 4-Rebill and the MIC number upper left has changed, whatever those two items mean. Ramp RA21 is noted at the bottom of the sticker.
Sponsored