Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ford Quality Control strikes again !!!
Yep, looks like somebody forgot something, and QA was asleep when the turck passed through. Dayum.......
Sponsored

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Well some updates: apparently, though my salesman checked it off, he handed the paperwork to someone else in the office who apparently did not include it when they filed the order - not sure how this dealer operates. As it is, since I've already signed the deal on the truck, it's kind of a moot point. Though I did get a discount on the step bars and window tint yesterday as a result but nothing more. Dealer says they can try to make it right but "no guarantees". ?

At this point, I'm happy I have the truck otherwise. Everything else on it is cherry.
I'm not a lawyer, so take everything I say with an appropriate grain of salt. If the invoice says that the tow package was included, then they have put in writing that they are selling you a Ranger with a tow package. Failure to do anything short of that is a failure to provide the goods promised. So what if their failure stems from one of their employees messing up the order? It doesn't matter if you got the truck that they ordered from the factory, you should get the truck that you ordered from them and that they said they were giving you.

If they insist of giving you less than what's on the invoice, I hope you let the attorney general's office know, and any other appropriate consumer protection agencies.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Yeah, if it didn't make it on the final paperwork you signed, you are at the whims of the dealer. If it is on the final signed paperwork, then just keep that paperwork and stay after them.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Well some updates: apparently, though my salesman checked it off, he handed the paperwork to someone else in the office who apparently did not include it when they filed the order - not sure how this dealer operates. As it is, since I've already signed the deal on the truck, it's kind of a moot point. Though I did get a discount on the step bars and window tint yesterday as a result but nothing more. Dealer says they can try to make it right but "no guarantees". ?

At this point, I'm happy I have the truck otherwise. Everything else on it is cherry.
OK, so Ford didn’t screw up the dealer did. Giving you a discount on some parts really doesn’t make up for the fact that you don’t have the tow package you ordered. The dealer needs toake it right. Whether they put the factory hitch or and aftermarket one probably doesn’t make to much difference. But, the factory harness, I would say is a must, so it ties in correctly with all the trucks built in features.

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
So after being rear ended and having my bumper dented I found out the factory receiver is the bumper mount as well. My mounts were bent and had to be replaced. Ford part # KE3Z-17D826-F Bar Asy - Towing at $729.47 Very fancy looking, wraps around the frame. Luckily I had no sheet metal damage and everything was bolt... Rediculous at $2200 for a bumper (and hitch)

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
So did the paperwork you ultimately signed have the tow package or not? I have no patience for companies that screw up up then shrug their shoulders when I discover the error. A mistake on their part should not be a loss on your part.

Last edited:
Reactions: EJH

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
If the truck has the wires for the TBC under the dash, then I think it should also have the tow module. From what I've read here, all XLT's and Lariats have both.

My truck did not have the factory tow package. I bought the hitch, 7 pin harness and Red-Arc TBC from etrailer.com. The wires for the TBC were under the dash, the 7-pin harness was plug and play just behind the bumper and the hitch was a super easy install. Cutting the opening through the plastic for the OEM trailer socket and getting it to seat were the hardest parts of the whole install.

I guess, the easiest way to check if one has the trailer module would be to plug a 4 pin anything (even a tester I assume) into the 4 pin connector under the bumper. If the truck sees the "trailer" then the module is there. I have the OEM 7 way/4way next to my license plate, but use the plug under my bumper for my hitch-packer since the wire is less in the way.
IMG_3638.jpg

Last edited:

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
That PN looks like F150 Raptor
Here is what I ordered to add a factory tow package and it is identical to my neighbors Ranger

KB3Z19D520A​
$ 297.36​
KIT - TRAILER HITCH BAR.
KB3Z15K868D​
$ 78.54​
Parking Aid System Wiring Harness
FU5Z14489A​
$ 37.57​
Trailer Tow Harness Connector
Sponsored