First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
I'm a member, or have been a member on several car and SUV forums over the years. I've never had to wait 2 days to be allowed in, though. Anyways, I'm happy to finally be here!

I'm looking at purchasing a 2021 Ranger Lariat in the near future. I'm coming from a 2013 Lexus ES UL, that I bought new, so this should be quite the change. About a month ago, Carvana made me an offer I couldn't refuse for the Lexus. About 1/2 of what I paid for it new after 8 years. I barely drove it since the first year, due to a change in my work commute. It was a nice vehicle, but kind of boring. That brings me to where I'm at today.

My wife and I were going to try and get by on just one vehicle. While that seems to be working, there are times I miss having something I can just get in and drive, without having to change settings. I've been all over the map with what I wanted. I finally came to the conclusion that a truck would be a great 2nd vehicle for us. My wife's retired and I'm thinking about it in the next few years. Having something with a bed to carry all the crap we buy at Home Depot and Lowes, plus something that can haul a small camper just makes sense to me. Also, the ability to fit it in the garage is a plus. I've looked at a few of the competitors, but the Ranger seems to always top them on my list. I joined this forum to get a better understanding of what I can expect. After browsing the past couple days "incognito", this looks like a great place to be. I plan on purchasing within a month, or so. At least before the rebates go away!
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'm a member, or have been a member on several car and SUV forums over the years. I've never had to wait 2 days to be allowed in, though. Anyways, I'm happy to finally be here!

I'm looking at purchasing a 2021 Ranger Lariat in the near future. I'm coming from a 2013 Lexus ES UL, that I bought new, so this should be quite the change. About a month ago, Carvana made me an offer I couldn't refuse for the Lexus. About 1/2 of what I paid for it new after 8 years. I barely drove it since the first year, due to a change in my work commute. It was a nice vehicle, but kind of boring. That brings me to where I'm at today.

My wife and I were going to try and get by on just one vehicle. While that seems to be working, there are times I miss having something I can just get in and drive, without having to change settings. I've been all over the map with what I wanted. I finally came to the conclusion that a truck would be a great 2nd vehicle for us. My wife's retired and I'm thinking about it in the next few years. Having something with a bed to carry all the crap we buy at Home Depot and Lowes, plus something that can haul a small camper just makes sense to me. Also, the ability to fit it in the garage is a plus. I've looked at a few of the competitors, but the Ranger seems to always top them on my list. I joined this forum to get a better understanding of what I can expect. After browsing the past couple days "incognito", this looks like a great place to be. I plan on purchasing within a month, or so. At least before the rebates go away!
Welcome, and I pretty much guarantee you won”t fine the Ranger boring! Love my Ranger! :turkey:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Mike! A lot of members here can help you out with questions about towing a small trailer and the others can answer your questions about modifying the pants off it. ?

And I see you’ve already met Tracy, so you’re off to a great start. Enjoy your truck.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a member, or have been a member on several car and SUV forums over the years. I've never had to wait 2 days to be allowed in, though. ...
What the h##l? Mike got in that quick and never got approached for the damper discount pressured greeting? SOMEBODY (ahem, Dave) (@AzScorpion ) is slack'n on a Monday...that's for sure :angel:

Prepare to be welcomed to the Ranger Dave Shopping Network, chock full of goodies and advice from 10,000 different sources LOL!!;)

Let us know how your shopping goes, good luck on your truck!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome Mike! There is a ton of info here that you can spend days reading and after that there goes the bank account! It kind of a prerequisite around here to purchase a tailgate damper as your first mod, then you can join the club and have access to the special handshake. ? When you're ready hit me up, I have access to the good stuff and coupon codes for free shipping.?

Sorry Terry @FoD some of use still have to work every once in a while. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Mike! There is a ton of info here that you can spend days reading and after that there goes the bank account! It kind of a prerequisite around here to purchase a tailgate damper as your first mod, then you can join the club and have access to the special handshake. ? When you're ready hit me up, I have access to the good stuff and coupon codes for free shipping.?

Sorry Terry @FoD some of use still have to work every once in a while. ?
What the H##l is this "work" thing? May will make 6 years I haven't, but I feel like I've work more since I retired than I did when I worked. But, it's stuff we need to do or stuff I want to do:crazy:

MODS, MODS, MODS.... muhahahahahahha...whoops, yes dear......

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What the H##l is this "work" thing? May will make 6 years I haven't, but I feel like I've work more since I retired than I did when I worked. But, it's stuff we need to do or stuff I want to do:crazy:

MODS, MODS, MODS.... muhahahahahahha...whoops, yes dear......
I just don't want to touch my savings right now but if I could just STOP buying stuff I'd be able to retire soon. Of course this place doesn't help plus buying the Bronco and now going up to the Badlands model with the High package just cost me another $9K! :curse:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just don't want to touch my savings right now but if I could just STOP buying stuff I'd be able to retire soon. Of course this place doesn't help plus buying the Bronco and now going up to the Badlands model with the High package just cost me another $9K! :curse:
My wife is still working (cause she wants to) but she is passed her full retirement age for SS. They sent her a letter that she could start drawing full benefit while working, without penalty. I know you mentioned you had like 55 years to go or something like that :giggle:, but that letter turned out to be a positive surprise for sure. Never heard anyone mention it before that.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Wait wait wait, Whats going on here? How did you get in so fast, are they skipping the credit checks,interviews, and physicals now?

BTW you er not officially in until you er Tracy Bowman approved. Sorry but thats forum rules ?

Welcome to the family :party:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My wife is still working (cause she wants to) but she is passed her full retirement age for SS. They sent her a letter that she could start drawing full benefit while working, without penalty. I know you mentioned you had like 55 years to go or something like that :giggle:, but that letter turned out to be a positive surprise for sure. Never heard anyone mention it before that.
? Lol I'm only 56. I semi retired at 51 then got bored and started another small business up here. Now I've got more work than I need (not a bad thing) so I just pick n choose which jobs I want to do. I have it set up that one of my investments I can start drawing on at 60 then a few others every couple year up to retirement age. As much as I wish I could take the money now I don't want to get any older to fast.;)

IIRC after full retirement age there's no restrictions on how much you can make but before that I think it's around $16K?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wait wait wait, Whats going on here? How did you get in so fast, are they skipping the credit checks,interviews, and physicals now?
That's the only way you got in. ? ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
? Lol I'm only 56. I semi retired at 51 then got bored and started another small business up here. Now I've got more work than I need (not a bad thing) so I just pick n choose which jobs I want to do. I have it set up that one of my investments I can start drawing on at 60 then a few others every couple year up to retirement age. As much as I wish I could take the money now I don't want to get any older to fast.;)

IIRC after full retirement age there's no restrictions on how much you can make but before that I think it's around $16K?
Sounds vaguely familiar. I had set myself up to retire at 62, but didn't until 63.5. One of the handful of brilliant best choices ever made by me. Ranger and retirement I think tie, but wife gets first honors though...:crackup:

EDIT: Cats just let me know that they aren't pleased at being ignored here...?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to the forum. Lots of subtle differences between package options so depending on what you’re looking for most if not all has been discussed here. I will say this though. I have found my driving style had to be relearned with a Ranger. It’s mighty easy to spool these trucks up! Especially when you have a good excuse! ?