Finally decided to join up

Robobuddah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hello Everyone,

I have been using this forum as a knowledge base for my Ranger since I bought it last year. I come from a sports car background so my truck knowledge is very limited; however, I am learning. I decided to switch to a truck from cars because I like to go mountain biking and now my kids are getting into it as well. There are only so many places to tie bikes to a hot hatch and still carry people.

Anyway, I bought a 2019 Ranger FX4 in Lightning Blue right as lockdowns started. I started taking it off-road near where I live and I was able to tell in my limited knowledge of off-roading what I would like to do. That's right I changed the grille to a Raptor grille because if you look good you off-road... good.. or something. Since then I mainly did a few cosmetic and practical mods; changed the tow hook color to blue, added in a swivel case, added in the tailgate damper, and tried my hand at a tonneau cover(which was a total failure). Oh and a Ford Performance Tune, because I mean... turbo. Unfortunately the off-roading has been slow going due to a shoulder injury, however that has mostly healed up and I was able to get back on the trails. At which point I decided I was going to bite the bullet and get a leveling kit and change the wheel/tire set up. I recently had an Eibach 2.0 coilover kit installed and switched from the 18" wheels the truck came with down to 17" Motegi MR150 wheels on 265/70-17 tires. I haven't taken this new setup off road yet but I can already tell around town that the chassis is A LOT more composed.

I hope I can continue to learn and figure out what this thing can do.

This is the day I took delivery

IMG_20200327_113506.jpg

The first off-road excursion

IMG_20200404_155645.jpg

Mandatory Grille upgrade

IMG_20200425_090700__01.jpg

Fresh tires and level
PXL_20210811_002918064.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robobuddah

Robobuddah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Those are the exact wheels I plan on getting, what offset did you go with?
The offset is +18 on the ones I got. I know they come with that or a 0 offset. I figured that 0 would stick out too much and would rub. I am happy with the offset I got but I still am rubbing.

Last edited:

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Nice truck, welcome to the forum

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
The offset is +18 on the ones I got. I know they come with that or a 0 offset. I figured that 0 would stick out too much and would rub. I am happy with the offset I got but I still am rubbing.
That's what I figured I would go with too, would you mind posting a pic showing how much they stick out passed the fenders. Thanks.

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Which raptor grille did you buy and do you like it? I’m considering that as well.

OP
OP
Robobuddah

Robobuddah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4