First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've resisted the urge to lookup what this "tailgate damper" thing is. It appears to be root of all evil! :)
It's been a running joke since they started making a damper for the Ranger a few years ago. Some resist but eventually cave in like Terry @FoD. Some like Al @Texasota just don't realize it's the Holy Grail of all mods but his day of reckoning is coming soon! Please .....Don't be like Al! ?

Do It.gif
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I've resisted the urge to lookup what this "tailgate damper" thing is. It appears to be root of all evil! :)
There are two parties on this forum, the anti-damper or pro damper. You will be held to the standards of said parties. ?

You see, there are many hidden rules on this forum

BTW my damper is bigger than theirs and it works boths ways with a push of a button. Oh yeah, size matters ?

IMG_3740.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a running joke since they started making a damper for the Ranger a few years ago. Some resist but eventually cave in like Terry @FoD. Some like Al @Texasota just don't realize it's the Holy Grail of all mods but his day of reckoning is coming soon! Please .....Don't be like Al! ?

Do It.gif
Al
1618375099689.png

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
:brokenheart: Now, this is truly the individual without a heart or mercy! :brokenheart:

Terry, are you going to let him talk about you like that? Take that damper off and mail it to Dave with a note describing how you regained your courage and pride.
You know, you're right!!!

Thanks Dave, best mod ever and beats the crap out of 45" lifts , and deuce and half tires, flame thrower high beams, turbo snot blocking backfire twin dual pipes with down draft, beer machine and karaoke mic, 75 miles per litre pills, spray on rhino poop bed liner, rack mount tree house with rope ladder dumb waiter and it came with discount codes.

Al, Do It! It's right there! Dooo It! You know you want to do it! Just do it!

1618540589114.png

:LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So, I have a Carbonized Gray Lariat 4x4 on the way! Will pick it up next week, if it checks out. Can't wait!
Congratulations Mike! You're going to love your new Ranger and just be prepared to spend a lot of money on stuff you never knew you needed. I probably don't have to tell you the best and most important first mod to buy. ? ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So, I have a Carbonized Gray Lariat 4x4 on the way! Will pick it up next week, if it checks out. Can't wait!
You can pick up a damper ahead of time, Dave @AzScorpion will give you secrecy society code...way more fun than Al's et.Al. Dead grass club...:turkey::turkey:

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I'm a member, or have been a member on several car and SUV forums over the years. I've never had to wait 2 days to be allowed in, though. Anyways, I'm happy to finally be here!

I'm looking at purchasing a 2021 Ranger Lariat in the near future. I'm coming from a 2013 Lexus ES UL, that I bought new, so this should be quite the change. About a month ago, Carvana made me an offer I couldn't refuse for the Lexus. About 1/2 of what I paid for it new after 8 years. I barely drove it since the first year, due to a change in my work commute. It was a nice vehicle, but kind of boring. That brings me to where I'm at today.

My wife and I were going to try and get by on just one vehicle. While that seems to be working, there are times I miss having something I can just get in and drive, without having to change settings. I've been all over the map with what I wanted. I finally came to the conclusion that a truck would be a great 2nd vehicle for us. My wife's retired and I'm thinking about it in the next few years. Having something with a bed to carry all the crap we buy at Home Depot and Lowes, plus something that can haul a small camper just makes sense to me. Also, the ability to fit it in the garage is a plus. I've looked at a few of the competitors, but the Ranger seems to always top them on my list. I joined this forum to get a better understanding of what I can expect. After browsing the past couple days "incognito", this looks like a great place to be. I plan on purchasing within a month, or so. At least before the rebates go away!
It's a secret group. Only a few "thousand" are allowed to grace these holy pages.?
Welcome fellow Ranger Buddy.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Think twice before you join the fan boys. The soon to be obsolete toy will cause you to be called wimp, then you will have to hire a trainer to get back in shape mental and physical. Now you know the rest of the story. :rockon:

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
If you live in a cold climate you may want to reconsider installing that damper. At -40 it takes just over a full minute to open completely! ???
Yup, this. I didn't really want a damper but got one as a Christmas gift. (told my wife it was a feature the truck didn't have, and she assumed I wanted one, bless her) Installed it boxing day and instantly regretted it. Now that it's warm out it works fine, but it literally makes your tailgate less functional in the winter. Even now I don't really see the point. I'm going to remove mine when the cold weather returns and might just never put it back on. There you go damper fanbois, I tried it, and now I know for sure I don't like it. :p

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

Do It.gif
NEVER!
Sponsored