Topper Shell

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Cab high looks cleaner. Taller looks more useful.
Yeah, I wish I could find a picture of the taller with the truck doors shut. Another concern is I put stuff up on the rack and without having a ranger yet, I don't know how high the top of the canopy will be.
As to what looks better? As I get older, how cool my vehicle looks is mattering less with me.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Yeah, I wish I could find a picture of the taller with the truck doors shut. Another concern is I put stuff up on the rack and without having a ranger yet, I don't know how high the top of the canopy will be.
As to what looks better? As I get older, how cool my vehicle looks is mattering less with me.
I actually like the raised height...it gives the truck a bit more "rugged" look, and obviously more room to move around.
If it were me, I'd go with the raised.

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I went with raised (color matched to the bumpers/wheels) and have 0 regrets. If you're planning on spending ANY time back there camping, get the raised one.

I'd also like to point out with the raised one I have fit quite a few items back there (a stove, large couches, a dresser, bookshelves, a BBQ, etc..) without having to take the topper off. Personally I think they look better, and the functionality absolutely seals the deal.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I went with raised (color matched to the bumpers/wheels) and have 0 regrets. If you're planning on spending ANY time back there camping, get the raised one.

I'd also like to point out with the raised one I have fit quite a few items back there (a stove, large couches, a dresser, bookshelves, a BBQ, etc..) without having to take the topper off. Personally I think they look better, and the functionality absolutely seals the deal.
How hard is it to reach the top? I'll have a rack on mine. I'm 5.9999 feet tall.
Have you posted pics somewhere?

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
How hard is it to reach the top? I'll have a rack on mine. I'm 5.9999 feet tall.
Have you posted pics somewhere?
If you had a rack on it, I'd imagine you'd need to stand on the tire to get to the top. I'm 5'9" and can reach up there when needed, but dont currently have a rack.

Only photo I've got posted is my profile picture on here. DM me and I can shoot a couple your way via text message.

Edit - Mine is an ARE MX, I bought it from suburban toppers in denver Jan '22, for around $3200. Came with the carpeted interior, and I have all of the windows upgraded to the "premium" ones (windoors, fold down front).

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

I found a pic of yours.
You have a rainbow in the background too.

13141.jpg

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Standard height looks great.....raised looks more functional!

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I do this with pictures sometimes to remove all the contrasting colors so I can see the look undistracted.
I like it. Mine is a SuperCab also.

IMG_20220908_102520.jpg

Rick V.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Scab,63 Fairlane, 22 Scab XLT FX4 302a
Occupation
Fleet bodyman
I just got mine yesterday. I went with the Leer 180, black headliner, sliding tilt down front window, standard side windows.

44DB12DD-A652-4416-99BE-C16FBF4ECB1C.jpeg

Mr.Mel

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1965 Mustang
Occupation
Selling Stuff
Here is a shot of my Leer 180 Mid-Rise. I Love the extra height inside and I throw out a sleeping bag and camp at night and the extra height pays off with the added cargo room. After this was installed it seemed to tame down the ride of the truck taking out the harshness on bumps. If I had to guess I maybe lost 1/2MPG with the extra weight? The rear door has a curved plastic molded section that mates to the tailgate but that tends to divert water to the sides and drips into the massive gap at each end of the tailgate and some water occasionally runs into the bed. Oh and a friendly tip make sure you lower the rear door before you back into a garage, The garage won but it was quick to get a new door, LOL

IMG_7698.JPG

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Here's something to consider for anyone ordering a new topper.....

After having mine for about a month, the only thing that stands out is the tinted rear window. I guess it's nice aesthetically to match the rest of the windows, but it's darkens the rear view big time. I was pleasantly surprised how decent of a view I still have out of the back, but the dark tint sucks. I'd rather have the clear view out of the back vs the tint. Or if you want tint, lighten it a bit.

Something to consider for those who drive a lot. I never thought about it until the first time I looked in the rear view.

Deleted member 1634

Here's something to consider for anyone ordering a new topper.....

After having mine for about a month, the only thing that stands out is the tinted rear window. I guess it's nice aesthetically to match the rest of the windows, but it's darkens the rear view big time. I was pleasantly surprised how decent of a view I still have out of the back, but the dark tint sucks. I'd rather have the clear view out of the back vs the tint. Or if you want tint, lighten it a bit.

Something to consider for those who drive a lot. I never thought about it until the first time I looked in the rear view.
It's come to the point where I don't even look out the rear view mirror anymore. After 50k+ miles with my topper, and not looking out the back window, it's not that big of a deal once you get used to it. Though, to be fair this isn't the first vehicle I've driven where you can't see out the back so I was already pretty used to not relying on that viewpoint.
Sponsored