Topper Shell

Ranger's My Middle Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F350
Here's my TREK fuel ex 9.8. size: 17.5 in. with 27.5+ wheels/tires, it fits....barely!
My TREK Farley 5 (18in) actually fits better. so does the gravel bike.
There's two issues as i see it.
1) the front of the ARE V-series cap, where it overhangs the front edge of the trucks bed, has a gap. The caps edge protrudes inward into the bed space...leaving you with about 1.5 inches less length at the bed rail hight.
2) not sure its all wide enough for two bikes side by side.

20191208_102243.jpg

20191208_102249.jpg

20191208_102254.jpg

20191208_183918.jpg
Do you have a link to those bike mounts? They look great!
Sponsored

1medic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
They tell me it’s a Leer Legend, which is the same as a 100R but a shorter warranty.
True, as is the Century Crown v.s. Century Ultra. The crown has the lesser warranty as well as cost. The biggest difference with the Century v.s. Leer is Century uses 1/4 sliding side windows and Leer 1/2 sliding side windows. Century is one of the best for the money.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
True, as is the Century Crown v.s. Century Ultra. The crown has the lesser warranty as well as cost. The biggest difference with the Century v.s. Leer is Century uses 1/4 sliding side windows and Leer 1/2 sliding side windows. Century is one of the best for the money.
When I looked before their website said they had nothing for the Rangers. The dealer for them is about a mile away from my house, I should have stopped by instead of driving 30 minutes away.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
When I looked before their website said they had nothing for the Rangers. The dealer for them is about a mile away from my house, I should have stopped by instead of driving 30 minutes away.
Century? Trust me, they do. I have one. :crackup:

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
got mine Tuesday, so far so good, except for small leak in both front corners (which i'll fix) and my mountain bike fits!
(truck is dirty after the rain we had Tuesday night / all day Wednesday)

20191126_161426.jpg

20191128_081925.jpg

20191128_081949.jpg
How did you mount the rotopax to the swing box? I love that

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase
How did you mount the rotopax to the swing box? I love that
thanks. I just made a small aluminum plate to act as a "backer" or "fish plate" as it's known, to the inside of the case.
matched the hole pattern of the ROTOPAX mount. I used stainless steel hardware to mount it.
works like a champ!

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase

DeadSkiHead

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
thanks. I just made a small aluminum plate to act as a "backer" or "fish plate" as it's known, to the inside of the case.
matched the hole pattern of the ROTOPAX mount. I used stainless steel hardware to mount it.
works like a champ!
Do you notice your shell ever smells like gas? I just bought a couple ROTOPAX cans and I'm worried about keeping them inside the shell when full. Have thought about exterior mounts.

Deleted member 1634

Got a quote on a Leer last Friday. My father-in-law brought up some points about the roof rack I wanted to get for it. He just got a Leer with Thule rack a couple months ago for his new Silverado (eww) and had apparently determined that the aero bars only come in 48" length, which is not enough (or at least will be close) to put my wife and mine's 2 kayaks laying flat next to each other (I haven't investigated that yet). When we got home, I was looking into it more, trying to figure out what the length of the aero bars actually is/can be. I stumbled upon this; a full kit from Rhino Rack specifically to be installed on toppers. Comes with tracks, towers, 54" aero bars, and all required hardware for only $325! You just have to install it yourself, which isn't really a big deal for me. That's a heck of a lot less than the $595 it is for the Thule system that may or may not work for what we need anyways. So it looks like I'll amend my quote to remove the Thule rack and interior cargo net, and just get this one afterwards and install it myself. Win win.

Blakebird

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
nice - finally, I get to see a black Ranger with a 6' bed and a shell....and an A.R.E. at that.
Mine should be here next week.

What is the finish on the front sides? Looks like home-applied Rhino liner?

Stephen Abbene

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.notion.so
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4 xlt, 1988 ford ranger 4x4 xlt
nice - finally, I get to see a black Ranger with a 6' bed and a shell....and an A.R.E. at that.
Mine should be here next week.

What is the finish on the front sides? Looks like home-applied Rhino liner?
The ARE overland topper comes with the bedliner on the sides by default.

Deleted member 1634

Ordered a Leer 100XR a little over a week ago. Got a call mid last week saying they couldn't do side windoors with sliders on a topper this small. A bit disappointing since that was one of my main wants. And it would've been nice if they had mentioned that before I ordered it, because maybe I could've gone over to ARE instead if they are able to give me what I wanted. But alas, ended up going with a windoor on the drivers side and a standard slider on the passenger side. Hopefully that'll be good enough for what I want to do with it.
Sponsored