Topper Shell

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I got a Leer 100R with the side sliding windows, headliner, interior light and, thrown into the package, a rubber bed mat all for $2000. So far all are fine.
Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Ordered a Leer 100XR a little over a week ago. Got a call mid last week saying they couldn't do side windoors with sliders on a topper this small. A bit disappointing since that was one of my main wants. And it would've been nice if they had mentioned that before I ordered it, because maybe I could've gone over to ARE instead if they are able to give me what I wanted. But alas, ended up going with a windoor on the drivers side and a standard slider on the passenger side. Hopefully that'll be good enough for what I want to do with it.
Weird...Century sells one that has sliding windows on the side...I have one. And it's the same company as Leer anyway.

Deleted member 1634

Weird...Century sells one that has sliding windows on the side...I have one. And it's the same company as Leer anyway.
I can do sliding windows, those are standard. I can't do sliding windoors. Their the side windows that fold up to open. You can get them that also have sliding windows inside the windoor, but not on something this small apparently.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I can do sliding windows, those are standard. I can't do sliding windoors. Their the side windows that fold up to open. You can get them that also have sliding windows inside the windoor, but not on something this small apparently.
Ah, I see.

DauphDaddy

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
got mine Tuesday, so far so good, except for small leak in both front corners (which i'll fix) and my mountain bike fits!
(truck is dirty after the rain we had Tuesday night / all day Wednesday)

20191126_161426.jpg

20191128_081925.jpg

20191128_081949.jpg
Awesome build! I never thought of installing a Rotopax on the swing case. I also have a swing case and I really like the idea of having it mounted there. Does the mount handle the weight of the fuel with the plastic well? How many inches did you lose as far as width in the bed with the install? Thanks!

BULLDOG

First Name
JOEY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FOCUS ST
A.R.E. V-series for 6' bed, w/ charcoal headliner, left/right sliding windows, single LED interior light, trimless edge, LED brake light -- $1660

ARE2_zpskpsycdp6.jpg

ARE3_zpsrktulhtq.jpg

ARE1_zps25mau5xy.jpg
Where did you get this topper. I assume in Denver. Just curious.

Deleted member 1634

Ordered my topper 4 and a half weeks ago now, and still haven't heard anything about it. Disappointing that they're apparently going to use all of those "3-5 weeks until delivery". I was hoping for sooner, but it is what it is.

So far Leer (whether just my dealer, or the manufacturing entity as well) hasn't been giving me much confidence given the lack of communication on options and status, beginning to end. Again, disappointing. Hopefully the end product turns out good enough that I don't have to really deal with them anymore.

Deleted member 1634

well....given that there is most likely a huge disruption in the supply chain right now, a little patience might be a good thing.
I don't know, the place I work for hasn't had any disruptions to manufacturing or supply chain. At least not any related to the chaos. And it's a lot easier to build a topper shell than it is an airplane. I think the better reason mine is late is because it's a very low build rate for Ranger toppers, as opposed to F-150 or Silverado's or something much more popular. And an even lower rate for the design/model/options I selected, of which I haven't seen on here or in the world yet. So again, I'm not surprised or impatient with the timeline. I'm more disappointed in the service I've gotten, which again may be solely a dealer problem. But I've been forced to alter my order multiple times after ordering and placing my deposit because the options I selected aren't available on the model I chose, even though it is stated they are. And they kept forgetting the color, even though they recorded it at least 3 times. In the end, the whole process has been wrought with issues, so the delay isn't surprising to me at all.

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
I don't know, the place I work for hasn't had any disruptions to manufacturing or supply chain. At least not any related to the chaos. And it's a lot easier to build a topper shell than it is an airplane. I think the better reason mine is late is because it's a very low build rate for Ranger toppers, as opposed to F-150 or Silverado's or something much more popular. And an even lower rate for the design/model/options I selected, of which I haven't seen on here or in the world yet. So again, I'm not surprised or impatient with the timeline. I'm more disappointed in the service I've gotten, which again may be solely a dealer problem. But I've been forced to alter my order multiple times after ordering and placing my deposit because the options I selected aren't available on the model I chose, even though it is stated they are. And they kept forgetting the color, even though they recorded it at least 3 times. In the end, the whole process has been wrought with issues, so the delay isn't surprising to me at all.
I also have a Leer shell for my 6' bed on order from my local Leer dealer for 2 weeks and expect it to take at least 2 more.
Since there is nothing my dealer or I can do to speed up delivery so having patience is all I can do

Perturbedmax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger, 15 F150
Got my Leer in about a week and a half, 4.10 bed.
Sponsored