First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Tow safe. You are in a Ford Ranger. We know the power and capabilities of this truck. No need to prive anything to anyone. Tow safe, tow smart. use a gen y hitch.

And

Keep the rubber side down
Sponsored

Last edited:

CODave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
You forgot to mention that you are also now a professional gas pumper having to stop every 2 - 3 hours for gas pulling a TT. That is the only "not fun" part of owning this truck. My worst was Hamilton, ON to Myrtle Beach, SC and I had to stop 7 times to gas up. It's too bad they went with such a small tank as the truck is so great at towing.
The fuel tank size IS a bummer. But have others have mentioned, the fuel tank is still larger than our bladders. ? I often travel in remote areas of the Mountain and Pacific time zones, so fuel stops have to be carefully coordinated, and range anxiety is sometimes a thing. If I'm camping 40 miles down a dirt road, darn right I'm filling up before going in.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Always remember. Use a
GEN-Y hitch
And a torsion one for added comfort.
You keep pushing GEN-Y hitches like @AzScorpion pushes tailgate dampers. They don't even make a Weight Distribution hitch. Their just an expensive cushioned drop shank to use with what ever WDH you choose. The cushioning probably messes with the weight distribution.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
You keep pushing GEN-Y hitches like @AzScorpion pushes tailgate dampers. They don't even make a Weight Distribution hitch. Their just an expensive cushioned drop shank to use with what ever WDH you choose. The cushioning probably messes with the weight distribution.
I dont use wdh. I have never had a need for them. I do use different trailers so have the need for an adjustable hitch. Would love to have one of these torsion hitches, but for now, i have my regular drop hitch for trailers. The boss torsion hitch can be used with a wdh. They also make a weight distribution shank. But id get get a new car trailer before i get a wdh. They make tshirts too! At least have shirts with their name on them. I would never use a bs hitch or anything else. Gen-y is a very robust, safe hitch. Wouldnt trust anything else. So untill then....
GEN-Y

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
I dont use wdh. I have never had a need for them.
Having towed across the US multiple times with a 5000 pound trailer I can tell you that the quality of ride with a WDH versus without is night and day.

But id get get a new car trailer before i get a wdh. They make tshirts too! At least have shirts with their name on them. I would never use a bs hitch or anything else. Gen-y is a very robust, safe hitch. Wouldnt trust anything else. So untill then....
GEN-Y
You sound like you're in a cult.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Yeah, i dont tow tt's, small backhoe, car, cargo trailer with bike, or furniture, utility trailer,
The car ill tow 200 500 miles, backhoe 50 or 100, thats about it. The same but different. All the weight low and not distributed along a big boxy sail. Except for the cargo trailer. Feel the wind on that one. But totally different trailering needs

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You sound like you're in a cult.
To be fair he is part of the damper (tailgate strut assist) cult. This may have clouded his judgement on many other things now. ?

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
To be fair he is part of the damper (tailgate strut assist) cult. This may have clouded his judgement on many other things now. ?
If your gonna tow, tow with gen-y!

The tailgate strut assist adds hp and tongue weight!! Lol

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If your gonna tow, tow with gen-y!

The tailgate strut assist adds hp and tongue weight!! Lol
For the price of a Gen y I would rather stick with a regular hitch and WDH. Main reason being that you never know what you need to have for ball height drop as it changes with every vehicle and load.

Reactions: EJH

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
For the price of a Gen y I would rather stick with a regular hitch and WDH. Main reason being that you never know what you need to have for ball height drop as it changes with every vehicle and load.
The beauty of gen-y. Adjustable to your needs, if you get the right hitch, i have the rebel with 8 inch drop, or rise. All adjustable. They jave what you would ever need or want. Goose neck and 5th wheel too! I should be a sales rep. I do take it off when not towing.
It seriously crushes departure angle a hundred fold!!!!
Azscorpion has 303 and tailgate struts down already. Lol

20221209_084618.jpg

20221209_084601.jpg
Sponsored