Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought 100 more shares at $5.96 per share. (last time I bought a bunch it was @ $12). It was over $9 just last month. Dividend yield is over 10% now.

Why do I have a feeling I'm going to look back on this thread in 6 months and cry when it halves itself again?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Precisely what time did you buy? As the market opened this morning? Right before you posted? Hurry up and buy. After the huge Dow dump this morning, I think you should sell tomorrow after the dead cat bounce. :) And the cat is already on the way back up.

Dow Dives 1,900 Points, NYSE Halts Trading As Stock Indexes Plummet

Capture.JPG

Wow, such turbulence.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I bought at 10:55AM ET. Good timing!

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.57.10 AM.png

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I think ford is doing the right things to keep the company viable into the future...which doesn't have anything to do with increasing the stock price.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I think ford is doing the right things to keep the company viable into the future...which doesn't have anything to do with increasing the stock price.
I agree. When a company does not cater to the stock market analysts and concentrates on running a healthy company, the stock SHOULD follow suit.

Of course, Ford never seems to have that together in the last decade.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It was as low as $.60 a share 10 years ago. That was the time to buy :)
Thats right. I have been holding stocks for a while...But I sold Friday. Don't want to take a chance. This is a world event. I sold everything except T last Friday. My only holding is ATT now. I'll wait for lower prices and I do believe the market will not stop going down until this event is under control..The first stocks I will buy are energy. I manage my own IRA. It's done very well over the past 10 years. Don't want to get greedy. No tax advantage or disadvantage to selling.

With all that's going on , I think selling Friday was a good idea. I wish Merrill Lynch let us trade the VIX like Schwab. My age dictates my moves. I don't have the time to wait for a severe market hit to come back. To young people, I say stay the course and keep some powder dry for these kinds of prices.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Thats right. I have been holding stocks for a while...But I sold Friday.
Might be a good call, but I don't think it's going to get much worse. It might be an uncurable virus but worse case, it's still just a flu that every single person in the world gets, 2% die and then life goes on... with a huge growth spurt after, particularly in pharmacuticals.

You guys should hear my conspiracy theory friends. The Illuminati released the Coronavirus to kill the old people, releive a stressed social security system and allow the world to flourish bettter with fewer unemployed old people living too long and draining society. Laughable but it sure makes you think. It doesn't seem to affect anyone but old people.

Conspiracy theory or not, once this thing runs it's course, the economy is going to explode. We just have to detect where the bottom is and buy.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I agree. When a company does not cater to the stock market analysts and concentrates on running a healthy company, the stock SHOULD follow suit.
Unfortunately, that rarely happens and the market punishes the stock until the company does something short-sighted that makes the market happy and gooses the stock price (typically making the company weaker in the long term). But Ford is a special case because the people whose name is on the front door seem to simply not care what the stock price is and don't seem interested in playing that game.

That said, while it's good for Ford, I'm not sure it makes it a good investment if you're hoping the price will pop. :)

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I held Ford for several years, buying between 9 and 12 for the dividend, sold it all a month or so ago because honestly I don't see any real reason for it to go up over the medium term. The new 2020 Escape could have been a home run and made me feel different, but from all the reviews it's pretty mediocre, nothing game changing there. The new Bronco could be nice, but it's a niche vehicle, won't be selling hundreds of thousands a year of them. Their execution on the business basics doesn't seem to have been the best the last few years.

Maybe when it gets down to $2-3 a share it will be worth gambling on.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Lot of bargains, but the bargains may get even better.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Might be a good call, but I don't think it's going to get much worse. It might be an uncurable virus but worse case, it's still just a flu that every single person in the world gets, 2% die and then life goes on... with a huge growth spurt after, particularly in pharmacuticals.

You guys should hear my conspiracy theory friends. The Illuminati released the Coronavirus to kill the old people, releive a stressed social security system and allow the world to flourish bettter with fewer unemployed old people living too long and draining society. Laughable but it sure makes you think. It doesn't seem to affect anyone but old people.

Conspiracy theory or not, once this thing runs it's course, the economy is going to explode. We just have to detect where the bottom is and buy.
Actually the virus wasn't quite ready for release yet. Brexit forced an early release since travel to Britain is restricted easier with it not being part of the EU. LOL

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I suffered through a few downturns But this is a huge question mark of uncertainty. I really don't need to invest at all but the IRA has done too well to take huge losses now. I think we will go down even more. If it doesn't thats great for those who stayed the course which I would do if I was 55 again. Id be buying the dip.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
What's crazy is I'm reading articles that Ford is going broke. They're in debt and this economy is not helping. Plus they're still paying people back for that transmission situation with the fiestas and focus.
Sponsored